01 - The Doctor's Untimely Death

The Doctor and I have spent months travelling throughout space and time with and without Amy and Rory, we'd grown super close and I spent a lot of my time in the library, reading and learning about anything and everything I had time to read up on. However after a while of having not seeing Amy or Rory or my parents I had decided that I ought to visit my family and enjoy some time with them. So I used up my short week holiday with Amy, Rory and my mum and dad and it was a very refreshing and down to Earth experience, quite literally. I hadn't had much normality in the past months so doing mundane things, such as going shopping with my sister and best friend: Mels. Or looking over at the window from a warm bed with the sun streaming in through the curtains onto my face in my parents' house, it was a nice break from all the crazy that I go through when I travel with the Doctor. However I was beginning to miss the crazy man and I kept wondering about what I would be doing with him at every moment in time, but nevertheless I knew a week away from the stressful life won't hurt me so I push the thoughts away and relish in the company that I have with my family. As I roll over in my comfy bed putting down the book that I'd been reading for the past eight hours to check my phone for the time I groan realising it's only six o'clock, and no one would be awake yet. This was one of the downfalls of going a week without the Doctor, I spent a good ten hours by myself every day, when normally I always had someone (the Doctor) to talk to. Staring at the now black screen I chuck it down onto the covers rubbing my face as I back up against the headboard of my bed sitting up and looking around my old room, my eyes wander to the messily strewn clothes across the carpet. I sigh knowing that as today is my last full day here I should get up and clean the room so throwing away the covers and cursing to myself quietly as I hear my phone hitting the carpet I get up and begin to pick up clothes. I quickly get bored, the Doctor's short attention span rubbing off on me as I leave the room and going downstairs and myself a cup of coffee and a plate of toast. I spend a good two hours sitting at the breakfast table scrolling through random stuff on my phone, refilling my cup twice with coffee, but I eventually get a text from Amy bringing me out of my endless scrolling.

AMY: Could you come over? Rory and I are having a debate and I want you to come and back me up? Amy's text reads and I smile shaking my head at the couples silliness, sending Amy a quick text saying that I'll be right there, I grab my jacket and leave the house after getting changed into my outfit that I wear I wander towards my sister and brother-in-law's house.

Reaching the door of Amy and Rory's rented house I pull out the spare key from my pocket and open the door,  I don't bother to call out and announce my presence instead I walk straight into the kitchen I see Amy and Rory unpacking shopping bags. "You guys shop early." I comment putting my keys on the island and shrugging off my jacket.
"Kenz, it's eleven o'clock." Rory replies. My eyebrows raise as I wonder how long I must have spent walking here, then again, I did take multiple detours.
"Yeah, I texted you like three hours ago, where were you?" Amy asks me giving me a quick hug.
"I must have taken a few too many detours." I smile shyly, a little embarrassed by my tardiness.
"Right, well listen to this, we dropped the conversation a while ago, but I have to bring it back up now." Amy says going and picking up a history book from the coffee table. "At the personal intervention of the King, the unnamed Doctor was incarcerated without trial in the Tower of London." Amy reads aloud, stopping as Rory makes a point.
"Okay, but it doesn't have to be him." He tells her.
"According to contemporary accounts, two nights later, a magical sphere some twenty feet across, was seen floating away from the tower, bearing the mysterious Doctor aloft." Am continues reading.
"Oh, yeah that was the Doctor I was the one that sent the so-called 'magical sphere'." I confirm and Amy grins in success.
"There's more." Amy replies as she reads out more the Doctor getting into trouble with a commandant in World War 2.
"Definitely him." I tell them as Rory hands me my fourth cup of coffee of the day. We all make our way to the living room as I take the book and read it on one sofa whilst Amy and Rory sit talking to one another whilst Rory watch a Laurel and Hardy film.
" It's like he's being deliberately ridiculous, trying to attract our attention. Are you watching this again?" Amy asks him as he laughs aloud to something.
"Yeah, I've explained the jokes." Rory defends himself as the doorbell rings.
"I'll get it!" I shout a little too loudly plopping the book on the sofa and trotting over to the front door opening it to see a postman as he hands me some letters, Amy and Rory talking in the background.
"So what are you saying? Do you really think he's back there, trying to wave to us, out of history books?" Rory asks.
"Hey, it's the sort of thing he'd do." Amy replies as I thank the postman and walk back to the living room.
"Yeah, but why?" Rory questions.
"Well, he said he'd be in touch." Amy replies.
"Guys, if the Doctor wants to see you, he will contact you directly, he's always doing crazy things, plus he's picking me up tomorrow morning, so you can ask him then." I tell them as I pass Amy the letters.
"Kenz, one of these is for you." Amy tells me and I frown taking the letter, confused by the fact that Amy has it. I take it and see a 2 on the flap of the envelope, opening it I looking to see a date, a time and a map reference. "I think it's an invitation." Amy says as she opens a practically identical envelope only this one had the number 4 on the back.
"From who?" Rory asks.
"Well, they're not signed but I'm pretty sure you can hazard a guess." I comment.
"Tardis blue." Amy replies thoughtfully.