Chapter 1 ✰ Seniors

Killian Jones, one of the most famous actors was kissing me in a hotel room. I could hardly believe it. I could hardly believe that we'd fallen for each other. He kissed me slowly but with passion as he lowered me down on the bed. But even crazier was what happened next. Killian and I ended up in the middle of a murder investigation.

'Where did this go wrong? How did we get here?' he said desperately as he buried his face in his hands. A police officer walked towards us and I felt my heartbeat rising. How did we get here? I'll tell you. It all started with a lie.

Police station

'Emma, you're here to help us figure out why the victim was murdered' the detective said in a strict tone when we sat down. 'I need you to tell me everything you know.'

I sighed. 'It all began at the start of my Senior year. Killian Jones was coming to Storybrooke to cast his new TV co-star. I was determined to be the one he picked...'

Flashback

'Have you heard about Killian's new TV show?' Mulan asked while she was standing in the hallway with her group of friends, including Regina.

'I heard it's gonna be super personal. We will get to know the real him!' Tink exclaimed enthusiastically.

Ariel giggled. 'How personal? Will it help me make him my husband?'

'I can't believe he went to school here and we missed him by four years!' Belle said in disbelief

That's where I came in. I entered the school and heard everyone talking about this famous new TV show. Of course, I knew everything about it. I saw my best friend Ruby walking closer to me. When she noticed me she ran towards me and embraced me. 'Emma! Everyone is making a plan of action to get into Killian's TV show. We need to annihilate the competition!'

Regina and her group of friends turned around. She rolled her eyes and smacked her hand against her forehead. Ruby didn't seem to notice and continued her fangirling. She grabbed her phone and scrolled through Instagram. 'Have you seen what he posted this morning?' she asked, but she already showed me the pictures. 'Guys, I need some help! How should my hair be for my new show? THANKS, LOVE Y'ALL!' she read out loud. 'I'm obsessed with his long hair!' I said as I scrolled through the pictures once again. Ruby laughed. 'We can tell him at the casting party on Friday. Have you seen it? He is hosting a meet and greet to recruit a new co-star for his show!'

Regina coughed to get our attention. 'Guess you two didn't see Killian's latest announcement. They are only looking for COUPLES to audition.'

'Wait? What!' we said in unison. 'Can pizza count as my boyfriend?' Ruby asked with a faint smile on her face.

Regina laughed as she turned herself to her friends again. 'Milah has already told me she'll do whatever it takes to get us on that show' she told them as they walked away towards their classroom.

'Isn't it bad enough to be 18 and single?' I said disappointedly. 'There goes our shot at stardom.'

Ruby turned around and smiled. 'Not if you can take Neal to that party! You could finally start dating your real-life crush while ALSO being on a TV show with your fantasy crush.'

'Ruby, keep your voice down please!' I hissed.

That's where Neal came in. The guy I'd secretly swooned over my whole life. My neighbor, my classmate, and my friend. It just made sense to fall for him. He was the person who...

'He's coming right at you' Ruby whispered before Neal stood next to me. I turned around and faced him. 'Neal!'

'Emma! I missed you while you were in Boston for your summer internship.'

I heard Ruby laughing behind me. 'I bet you did'

'You look amazing!' he added with a genuine smile on his lips.

'Mmmm, the nights were long without her, am I right?' Ruby continued.

'Is Ruby....?' Neal started

'High fever' I added

He smiled as he grabbed my shoulder. 'I gotta run to my next class, but will you be at Killian's casting party? There's something important I wanna talk to you about.'

I felt my heart fluttering. 'If it's so important, why can't you tell me now?'

'I... kind of want to talk about it alone' he stammered, clearly being uncomfortable but eventually he walked away.

'He totally wants you. It's so obvious!' Ruby exclaimed. 'So you are gonna tell him how you feel at the party?'

I nodded in agreement. 'Definitely. It's finally time to tell Neal how I feel! Together, maybe we'll be chosen for Killian's show'

'Then we have four days to work on our plan of action! And two minutes to go to our next class!' she said as we both started to run to our classroom. When I entered the room I noticed Regina standing next to the entrance. I tried to walk by as casual as possible, but I failed when we bumped into each other.

'Can't you watch where you're walking? You're so clumsy!' Regina sneered.

My Guidance Counselor said to stay uninvolved with Regina and I wish I'd listen to her.

'Real original to call me clumsy, but I guess you would need brains to come up with something better' I said as I walked to the last empty seat. She gave me a dead look, but deep inside I felt awesome for finally sneering back at her.

'Seniors! How's it feel to hear that?' mister Archie said as he walked in. 'You know, you're only gonna be called 'Seniors' twice more in your life and the third time won't be flattering. Although it will get you cheap movie tickets.'

The class sighed. Mister Archie was one of my favorite teachers, but he loved talking and could babble for hours about the same stupid subject.

'Alright then! This year I had a new idea for your Senior presentations. As we all know, Killian Jones is coming here to recruit for his new TV show. The show is all about where he came from, so I thought it'd be fun to do something about where WE came from!'

Police station

'And with those words, I felt the nerves creeping up inside of me' I said to the detective.

The detective raised his eyebrow. 'Why were you so nervous about a Genealogy Project, miss Swan?'

'My dad died in a car accident when I was a baby and my mom refused to tell me anything about our family history. You see, my genealogy may have caused the victim's death... But for that to make sense, I have to get Killian into the story first.'