Chapter 7

Not what I had expected but it was one way to go out.

I knew I was dead. The fall to the water was longer than I expected it to be. I had time to think. Was anyone going to know where my body was? Who was going to find my body? Would I be with Dad?

At first, the water was only cold at the tips of my feet. Then came the impact. I knew that people always talk about the water being a safe landing but the impact hurt so, so much. Pain sprouted up my legs and I felt like all the bones in my body had been broken, put together, then broken apart again, just when they were almost healed. The water churned and I could only think about how lucky I had been not to have jumped directly onto a rock. The water pushed me down and the last thing I saw was the brown of a large rock, coming straight for my head.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Wilder's POV.

Fuck! I kind of expected her to scream or to try to run but what was she thinking? 'A wolf? I'm going to fucking throw myself of the cliff?' This girl is fucking insane. Maybe that's why I liked her in the first place. Of course, I would never admit that to her face. I concentrated on shifting back as I ran to my car. By the time I had reached the Jeep, I had changed back; I was human again. I rummaged through the car, trying to find something to cover my naked body. I shoved a top and some pants on before getting into the front seat. Why couldn't I just drive away, leave the girl to die. I couldn't bring myself to think of the name for it brought back way to many painful memories...

At least I could bring her body up to the shore. I sighed as I climbed out of my car and ran to the edge. I leaped over the cliff without hesitation, pushing my hands over my head and dived headfirst into the water.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Vivian's POV.

My mouth felt dry with sea salt as I spat out the liquid in my lungs. I coughed which only made my head throb even more. I sat up and blinked, trying to get the sting in my eyes from the sea salt to disappear. A blurry figure sat down, gasping for air next to me.

Wilder's hair was wet, along with his clothes. Streams of water from his hair ran across his perfect face. Memories of the last few minutes flooded my head and I leaped to my feet, regardless of the nausea I felt in my stomach. I stumbled away from him but fell to the ground, only a few meters away. I felt my stomach churn as I endured the last few moments that I would go vomit free. I puked.

I couldn't recalling eating anything earlier that day which ultimately made my vomiting worse. My stomach clenched my insides and I shut my eyes tight, trying to hold it in. I felt my hair being pulled back which I could only assume was Wilder. My face flushed red with utter embarrassment.

After my episode had finished I laid back onto the hard, wet sand wishing that I could just float away, with the ocean. "Okay, Princess time to awaken from your beauty sleep. We better get going" came Wilder's sarcastic voice. God-dammit. I don't care that he's a little bit hot. He's still a dick. I lifted myself of the ground and stood up, my feet wobbling. Wilder walked to my side, helping me stay balanced. I still didn't understand how Wilder could be so stable. We treaded over a rock pool; the hard rock gnawing at my bare feet. Only then did the realisation dawn on me. Wilder turned into a wolf. My eyes widened and I pushed myself away from him but I tripped. I closed my eyes and braced for impact. Instead, Wilder had wrapped his arms around me and taken the fall to the rocks that would have most defiantly knocked me out, cold. I squirmed and screamed, trying to get away from Wilder but I knew that no-one could hear me.

I tried hitting Wilder's arms but it felt like they were made of steel. After what felt like hours of me screaming and hitting Wilder, I stopped. "You done yet?" Wilder said, his breath warm against my neck. I rolled my eyes and nodded slightly. He let go and I peeled myself off him. Although, I run and scream, I didn't stand directly next to him. I kept my distance.

There was a narrow ledge which ran all the way from the bottom near the rockpool to the beautiful wheat meadow on the tip of the cliff. The ledge was dangerous, unstable but if felt much easier than climbing the mountain-side. I was exhausted by the time we reached the top. In contrast, Wilder seemed barely winded. He immediately walked to his car and climbed in. He turned the engine on and for a split second, I was almost certain that he would leave me in his 'special place'. I hurried over to the car and climbed into the passenger seat.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

We drove in silence and I was eminently surprised when we pulled up in front of my house. Finally I place I was familiar with but creepy that he knows where I live? I thought. "I got to check my tires" Wilder mumbled as he began to climb out of the car. "Uh-uh" I said, leaning over Wilder, quicker than I intended and slammed the door shut. He didn't respond in anyway. "We need to talk" I said. I hinted in my tone that I was expecting some answers. He sighed and sank back into his seat. He glanced at me before with inhuman speed, straddled me, pinning my legs and arms to the car-seat. I didn't think this through. Why do I keep trying to trust this guy, I thought. I didn't bother screaming as no-one would hear me. Finally, I focused on Wilder's face which was inches from mine. My heart was pounding in my chest and I didn't dare breath. He was so close. Too close. Is he going to kiss me?

Slowly he pushed his head against mine and shut his eyes. I was merely confused by this. Then suddenly I felt a sharp pang in my head. Wilder started to recite something under his breath. "From the day I breathed the Candor breath till the day I fall for night. Release thy from this truthful fret. Take from the mind what thy treasures most and make this one forget". A shiver was sent down my back along my spine. Wilder pulled away and stared into my eyes.

"I'm truly sorry but you won't remember this. What can I say," he said, shrugging and grinning. "It was fun whilst it lasted. I'll be watching you, kitten". With that, my vision went black.