‘I was wondering maybe Could I make you my baby If we do the unthinkable would it make us look crazy If you ask me I'm ready (Echo: I'm ready, I'm ready) If you ask me I'm ready (Echo: I'm ready, I'm ready)

That was my phone but that wasn’t my ringtone. I looked at it and it was Cordell. He must have changed it. Hmm!

“Cordell.” I said smirking.

“Symone!” he said

“How come I’m just hearing my ringtone?” I said smiling.

“Oh I did that a while back. You like the song though?” he asked.

“Yea I actually like that song.” I said getting up going into the bathroom.

“Right, you listen to the lyrics?” he said. I could tell he was smiling.

“No… Wait! Cordell what’s that supposed to mean?” I said getting why he picked that song.

“Hmm If you ask me I’m ready!” he sang unto the phone.

“Anyways what’s up.” I said avoiding him.

“Listening to some music, What time you want me to come over?” he asked.

“It doesn’t matter. I would say now but my parents are arguing.” I said going back to my bad.

“Ha ha! Wow give me an hour and I’ll be there.”

“Okay then I’ll talk to you later then.”

“Who said I was going to hang up?” he said getting smart.

“I did!”

“Oh okay then! See if I come.” He said

“No come please!”  I whined.

“Alright I’ll come.”

“Okay good!” I said smiling.

“Let me call you back then.” He said

“Alright bye!” then I hung up. I got under my covers and screamed! He is so crazy! I got up and went in my closet sitting on the floor. I’m so out of it I don’t know what I’m doing. I picked out my outfit for work tomorrow. Khaki crop pants that comes to my mid ankle, a solid orange v neck shirt and my Sperry’s! I set it aside and pulled up my straighteners. I got everything prepared and started on my hair.

By time as I was done the doorbell rang. I got up and started walking downstairs but my mom beat me to the door. “Oh hey Cordell!” my mama said smiling. He smiled and said “What’s up Ms. Wilson?” she smiled and said “Oh you so handsome! Symone is right upstairs.” I ran up to my room and sat down playing with my hair.  A couple of minutes later Cordell comes in. “What up boo!” he came over and kissed my forehead. I smiled and said “Hey, why you change?” he shrugged and said “I felt like it. I have been thinking. I don’t want to sit in the house with you. Let’s go somewhere.” I sighed and said “Fine, let’s go check on Michelle.” I haven’t spoken to her in a while. I’m pretty sure she’s mad at me though.” Cordell nodded and said “Come on then.” I grabbed my shoes and purse and we went downstairs. “Mama I’m going over to go check on Michelle. I’ll be back later.” She nodded and we went out to my car. I got in and Cordell said “Man why can’t we ride in my car?” I shrugged and said “Because I want to ride in my car. Now come on!” he sighed and came in the car. I started it up and buckled up and drove off.