XVIII

"Does everyone have their stuff together?" Mini asked as Erza tighten the reigns onto the horses.
"We're all ready to leave to Kasagi," Virgo informed, climbing up on one of the carriages, grabbing the reigns.
Erza climbed onto the other carriage, ready to leave once everyone had gotten into the carriages.
Gray, Gemi, and Loki gathered into the carriage Erza was coaching. Gemi and Happy climbed into the other carriage.
"Luce, are you ready to leave?" Natsu asked. Lucy looked over at him and nodded, walking to Virgo's carriage. Before she could step on one of the metal thin steps to climb in, her body was lifted up into the carriage, Natsu's hand upon her waist. Her eyes widened, not expecting him to lift her up with such ease.
She sat down, getting out of Natsu's way so he could jump in, closing the door behind him before he sat next to Lucy.
"You've gotten quite strong," Lucy spoke, her gaze fell onto him as he leaned back into the seat.
"Nashu is really strong!" Happy stood up on the seat, flexing his small body, "He's beaten up a band of a thousand bandits barehanded!"
"There was three and I had a gun," Natsu sighed at Happy's exaggeration.
"It's still an accomplishment. It's amazing how strong you have gotten," Lucy praised him. Natsu glanced at her, smiling lightly at her sparkling eyes.
"It's great to have more muscle around. Everlue is sure to hire some people after you princess, and then we have those other people to worry about," Mini stated, letting out a small sigh as she crossed her arms.
"Everlue?" Natsu questioned the name, finding it familiar but he couldn't remember exactly.
"A snobby rich man, he's selfish and mean, also rolly-polly," Happy explained, "He's not liked by people that live in the middle or poor class."
"Also likes to have slaves and the prettiest ones go with him to events so he can show them off," Mini added, "Luckily we were able to get the princess out of there."
"And then what about the other people after you Luce," Natsu looked back to Lucy, showing his curiosity.
Lucy tensed up, "The people that first took me, the ones that put Konzern into flames," she stated.
"A dark guild named the Silver Serpent, or SS. They've been after the princess for years now, she's been able to escape twice now, but it's almost impossible to even attempt an escape," Mini spoke.
"Silver Serpent was the gang that killed his majesty, and burned down Konzern?" Natsu clenched his hand into a fist, his knuckles turning white.
Lucy put her hand on his, her touch making him loosen instantly.
"Fairy Tail has had a few run-ins with the Silver Serpent too," Happy stated, "That guild will do anything for money. They slave trade and kill, kidnap people for ransom. And now taken down the royal family throwing the kingdom of Fiore into chaos."
"They're the biggest obstacle into taking back my country from those violent gangs and snobby rich men," Lucy spoke, slowly rubbing her arm, "They won't be easy to defeat, it's a large gang with only the best fighters across the country and an army of followers. Escaping their base was difficult, I believed I'd stay their my whole life if it wasn't for the Zodiacs to find me."
"The Zodiacs?" Happy clocked his head to the side in question.
"An elite group of fighters and intelligent people who are sworn to protect the royal family," Natsu explained, "The kingdom only thought of it as a myth to scare those to oppose the royal family."
"Mini and her brother, Virgo, and Loki are apart of the Zodiacs," Lucy stated.
"Loki!?" Happy jumped.
"Yes, though I've only met him as of recent. He's one of the best fighters, same as Virgo. Mini and Gem are masters of disguise," Lucy explained briefly.
"That's why at the auction you saw the princess," Mini perked up.
Lucy turned her gaze towards the small window of the carriage. Watching the grey evening sky, signs of a storm was coming.
She could hear Mina, Happy, and Natsu continuing to speak to each other, their voices muffled into the background as her thoughts focused on a different topic, one that she has been worried about. Her eyes gave a troubling look.
"The leader of Silver Serpent doesn't have clear intentions. He may want to rule Fiore, maybe destroy Fiore," Mina sighed, feeling a bit frustrated, "It involves the princess is all I know, he hasn't killed her so I believe he needs her alive for something."
"whoever this leader is, I won't let them lay a hand on Luce," Natsu spoke, determined. Mina and Happy chuckled making him lift his brow in question to their laughter.
"You get so fired up when it's about the princess," Happy laughed, Natsu felt heat grow on his cheeks.
"I do not!" he burst out.
"Whatever you say," Mina held her hand over her mouth, giggling.
Natsu glanced over at Lucy, his face softened at the sight of the beautiful Fiore princess.
She was silent, her focus on the outside, drowning out their conversation with the thoughts inside her head.
"There's Kasagi," Lucy spoke after a long while of silence within the carriage.
"Were almost there!" Happy cheered, looking out the window to see a large town in the distance.
"One of few cities in Fiore that have a lot of culture. Though the place is run by a gang, their gang was one that supported the royal family. The Bronze Fist is a powerful gang and occupies about half of Fiore's territory. Their leader is located in Kasagi since its one of the most stunning and secure cities you can get," Mini explained.
"It may be occupied by a gang already, but they allow people in and out of the city all the time, people from the Silver Serpent have hideouts in Kasagi, unfortunately," Lucy sighed out lightly.
"We won't let them touch you princess!" Mini stood up quickly, determined; almost falling, "Even if we have to fight, which I'm sure some of us would enjoy a fight with some Silver Serpent members."
"Who doesn't like a good fight?" Natsu smirked. 
"You haven't changed, always liked to fight," Lucy shook her head.
"Is that so wrong?" Natsu looked at her, still smirking. She lifted her head, giving him a slight smirk as well.
"No, I guess not," Lucy spoke just as the carriage stopped.
"We're here!" Happy informed loudly, looking out the window.
"We will go on foot once past the gates of Kasagi," Lucy stated, "carriages and horses aren't permitted further into the city. After that, I need to go meet the leader of the Bronze Fist immediately. You all can for a place to stay while we are here."
"I will go with you," Natsu replied.
"No-"
"You said yourself there was hideouts of the Silver Serpent in Kasagi despite it being the territory of the Bronze Fist," Natsu interrupted her. 
She shook her head, looking up at him, "Have it your way. Natsu and I will go meet the leader, the rest of you find a place to stay. We'll meet at the town square in the middle of the city."

"Aye," Happy and Mini both nodded their heads as the carriage came to a halt.