II

"L-Luce... Luce..."the young Natsu at age of Fourteen, his arm dripping of blood as he walked from the burning room of the Princess he had been in care for since he had come.
His eyes were covered by shadows as he watched from inside his home falling to rubble around him and the blood of the ones he had loved surround him. The servants, guards, and even the princess' father, Jude Heartfillia.
The young boy fell to his knees,"M-Majesty..."his voice cracked, tears running down from his eyes.
The bad people had fled from the destruction, taking the young princess at age eighteen as she hid him under her bed telling him it was 'ok'.
"I won't forgive them!"Natsu slammed his fists into the ground, his teeth clenching tightly, the pressure may have shattered them.

>hours later<

"Master, it seems we've arrived to late,"a man with purple hair and tan skin pointed down the cliff to fire rising into the sky. The walls fell creating a giant mess.
"We should look for survivors,"spoke the 'master',"tread carefully Macao, Wakaba, we don't know if there are any of the bandits that did this are still around."
The two men that were with him nodded. Macao being the man with tan skin and purple hair, then Wakaba had a crazy front ward chestnut hairdo with a pipe hanging from his lips.
"L-Luce..."the men halted, turning quickly around to see a young boy covered in blood, his voice hushed by pain and sadness. His eyes were almost dead as the many tears he shed had dried, his red eyes swollen from his constant weeping. But he still walked forward, grasping his arm tightly as more blood dripped down from his arm. It may have been broken with his inability to move it.
"Stand down, it's only a child,"master spoke, putting the men at ease, somewhat. He walked forward, closer to the bloody child as his legs carried as if a burden was trying to crush him as he walked.
"Luce..."he wheezed, holding onto the word as if he'd break if he had not known of it.
"Child, you're injured. Let us help you-"as the master went to lightly touch him the boy lashed out a dagger.
"Y-You took her..."the boy glared at him,"where is she!?"
"Master!"the man name Wakaba called out as the child ran toward with the dull dagger, slashing at the master.
The master didn't move, the boy holding the dagger above his head. But he couldn't move, his arm shook as he looked down at the unbelievable small old man they called master. Before he could take the chance of striking the master down he dropped the dagger as he fell forward, unconscious.
"Gildarts, you've returned,"the master looked up, understanding he was the one to strike the boy into his comatose state on the ground.
"Yeah, but I didn't think I'd see a small boy like him hold a blade up to you when I did,"the ginger stated, standing up straight,"Do you know something about him? He a bandit child?"
"I doubt it, he's not even the slightest trained with a dagger,"Macao spoke up.
"Should we leave him?"Wakaba asked, shoving his hands in his pockets.
"He's only so young, he won't last another day out here,"master said.
Gildarts without question picked up the boy's body, the young teen on his should was limb as the strong ginger carried him.
"Luce... I'm so sorry..."he mumbled through his unconscious.

>1 weak<

A groan escaped the lips of the young teen as he slowly opened his eyes. His arm laid on top of the white blanket he was under, wrapped in bandages almost from head to toe.
"You're awake!"a small voice spoke in excitement. It was a young girl, about his age. She had shoulder length white hair that was a bit messy, she wore a thigh length red dress with sleeves that weren't attached.
He stayed silent, not bothering to even give the slightest bit of attention.
"Well aren't you a quiet one?"she smiled, standing up straight,"I should go tell the others you're awake."
She looked at him again, seeing his practically dead eyes stare up at the ceiling. She sighed walking out.
What seemed like hours he had laid there, the sun setting with his view gazing upon the brightly lit horizon as the sun was put to rest below it.
"Luce... I'm sorry..."he whispered, raising his arm to the window. He was reaching for the one he had lost, may have already past. With that thought, he himself was ready to die even at such an age of youth.
"Who is this 'Luce' you've been speaking of?"The boy jumped from shock of the sudden outburst of an unfamiliar voice. He turned his head to see the small master closing the door of the room as he entered.
He stayed silent, not trusting anything the little man said or did.
"You don't have to speak, but we aren't obligated to treat those wounds either-"
"Throw me out then,"he spoke, gripping tightly to the blanket,"I welcome death."
Master hummed, crossing his arms,"'Welcome death', huh?"he looked at the boy with a blank look. For someone who was still so young to the the age of an early teen, then to welcome death?"You must've had something traumatic happen to welcome your own demise."
"I failed to protect Luce... In the end she protected me and had gotten taken away."he spoke, fresh tears beginning to fall from his eyes,"I promised I'd protect her... But she got taken away, Luce. I don't even have the right to call her by that, nor as Lucy."
"Lucy, huh? Do you mean the Princess of Fiore?"
"Yes..."
Master placed his chin in his hand in thought,"Was she killed?"
"I don't know... I only saw her get carried away."
"Then she may still be alive, would you really die and leave her alone in the God forsaken world?"
He staid silent,"I don't deserve to see her again... I failed her-"
"I may not know much of what happened, but to leave her alone because you feel as if you failed her? Will you not fight to get her back? She may be hurt even worse and you will not even try to get her back-"
"Of course I do!"he clenched his teeth,"but not in this state, I cannot. I'm weak, I need to get stronger. 'Hiding doesn't mean giving it up, it's to leave to become stronger til you know you can win' that's what she told me after she promised we'd meet again."
"Will you leave after your injuries have healed?"
"Unless you can help me in getting stronger."
Master grinned a bit walking forward,"Welcome to Fairy Tail, my child."