Prologue

Diana had coordinates locked and pressed on. She was on the final stretch and and kept the invisible jet cloaked and at relatively low altitude. It had been too long since she last visited the island. She just couldn't hold in the seer among of joy and excitement that was running through her. Her mind raced. "What to say?" she thought. "What to do?" There was to be celebration and a feast, as there always was, when she returned. But what to do after that, is what she was focused on. "Where to go from there?" she questioned over and over again. After many hours of thinking she go a few ideas.

        Sparring with Aleka, General Phillipus, or her aunt. Me telling her mother and sisters about the world beyond the island; like the history of the world (which the historian Tara was always intrigued by). Or the changes in medical practice (which amazed the physician Althea and healers like, Hessia and Epione that such delicate and hard to master craft as medical work and healing was mastered by millions and done through "isolated objects" (pills, EpiPen's, vaccines) as her sister referred them to.

        The new changes made in the world, like cars electric, and food other than plants and animals, like the cereal she buys and the ice cream that little girl shared with her that one time. (None of her sisters could believe any of it to exist, she told her sister they would have to see it to believe her.)

        Or the true good of men, especially the Justice league. And while her sisters all but collectively and equally despised men, and didn't care for and wanted nothing to do with their world, it shocked to hear that there beliefs and teachings (even their warnings and speculations which where both especially stressed to her when she first left with Steve all those years ago) of men, and the "Patriarchal World" were completely the exact opposite of what Diana was describing in her encounters with them. Especially, when talking about the Justice League; as the amazons were shocked, and is some cases, frightened beyond belief, at the thought of a group of super powered men running around was the equivalent to invasion to some of her sisters. "They're not bad at all!" she exclaimed to them "In fact I have save lives, and world many times. You all would have been in the underworld if we had Failed!" "We can vouch for that!" Yelled Cassie and Donna before anyone could respond with denial. Diana gave up on the heated arguments, as she could not do anything. She no longer cared. She knew she was right. She cared for here friends in the league. There were always there for her, and her for them. They were surrogate family to her. To all members. Even if some wouldn't admit it("Bruce" was wall she could think).

        Or maybe just reading and/or exploring the island with her friends Alexa, Mala, Leeta, Techne, protégée Cassandra "Cassie" Sandmark AKA Wonder Girl, and sister Donna troy.

       "No wait," she stopped herself, remembering that Cassie is at Titans Tower in jump city, and Donna is the gods only know where trying to "find herself and her place in the world" (as she put it) after what happened with the sons of Themyscira. So those two were off the table. Not to mention Jason started refusing to ever go to the island after learning of that incident. Despite her best efforts to make him come with, especially after beating Grail and Darkseid. Diana immediately went back to deciding how to spend her time. Her brothers and Jason and what happened with all of them were not something she wanted to reflect on right now.

"So many choses, so few time to spend, what to do first?" Diana said to herself.

       "BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP"

Diana snapped out of her thoughts and came to her senses, someone was contacting her. She turned on a small display screen.

Martian Manhunter: "Wonder Woman."

"J'onn" she replied. "Is there a problem?" "No. I just thought I'd check in before you went dark for x amount of days."

"Oh, Thank J'onn that is appreciated." Daina replied. J'onn was always on about formality and protocols. Always checking on the other members to see how the status was.

"You know you could have just taken a Javelin, right?" J'onn asked her. "they are visbale on radar, and don't have cloaking technology." Diana replied. As that is why she has the plane, despite the ability of flight. Radars can't detect her, and no one can see her, so no one could follow her to the island. "Well I'm only a few minutes away, so I'm going to end this chat before you get cut off, ok J'onn?" "Very well. I, along with the rest of the league, will await your return." And with that the transmission ended.

Diana passed through the magic shield but saw something terrifying. Smoke. As in the kind when war is going on. Wasting no time, she landed the plane, decloaked, got her things and headed toward the smoke. Hoping her mother was alright.

      "Hold on my sister, I'm coming."

Published Aug 18th, 2018