I

Got a secret, can you keep it? Swear, this one you'll save
Better lock it in your pocket, takin' this one to the grave

If I show you, then I know you won't tell what I said
'Cause two can keep a secret if one of them is dead

Secret- The Pierces

Bonnie had three secrets she would take with her to the grave.

The first; she went back to the Prison World often. The one Kai was currently chained in.

But, maybe she should clarify. She didn't see Kai when she went back but instead utilized the benefits of a completely empty world. As it turned out, having a place that had literally two inhabits sometimes came in handy that only she could access.

At the start, she'd gone there once out of desperation. She'd been preparing a spell that, if done wrong, could have blown up a small town. She herself was protected, but her strengths didn't extend the entirety of the area. So, she figured, if something was going to go nuclear, she should be a place where no one would be hurt.

It hadn't happened, by the way; the spell had gone off without a hitch.

But once was all it took for Bonnie to realize this world had a lot of uses.

After that first time, she always rationalized going back. She would argue with herself in her bed for hours, sitting awake, before finally buckling and pulling out the ascendant. For example, when her favorite bakery in DC closed down, she knew where she could find more than a dozen of those tantalizing donuts sitting out, forever untouched. Or, when little Josie lost her favorite stuffed toy that even magic couldn't find, and a new unicorn from the store just wouldn't do, Bonnie popped back to find a unicorn that looked and smelled like the lost one and gained an 'IOU' from both Alaric and Caroline. And, how could she pass up helping Damon get a ring for Elena since he no longer could just compel someone when Tiffany's and Co would never notice a nice one lost from an inventory since there was no one to count it? Elena, she told herself as she perused the glittering diamonds, deserved a nice ring after all the strife in her life. She deserved a normal, non-exciting human existence with Damon.

After a while, the problem was, she starting leaning back on it more and more until she would shift back and forth once a week. As far as her friends were concerned, she'd only been there two times. Damon had no problem with her sacking the Prison World for a ring, and when Kai was brought up as also being there (the reason the world was there), he just scoffed.

"Even as a human, I could take on that punk," He'd dismissed the thought.

Caroline had been against it at first, but she'd been so stressed by the end of three days of Josie adamantly refusing to do anything until she was reunited with her friend, she caved. She would disapprove if she knew Bonnie went there for a ring or for something as mundane as doughnuts, but Bonnie didn't have to tell Caroline anything.

The truth of the matter was that Bonnie found herself in the Prison World a lot.

Need some peace and quiet? Poof.

Have a spell that needs to be done uninterrupted and sit untouched for three weeks? Poof.

Need something that existed prior to the creation of the world? Poof.

She wondered if it often made her a terrible person for popping back and forth to lift textbooks or clothes or movies from the world, but it's not like anyone was using those anyway. Plus, she always told herself, she would be buying them if she had the money for it. Which, she didn't, not currently. She always told herself that her constant usage of the Prison World was a temporary thing. One day she'd outgrow it.