Chapter 1

Age 14

''They are fighting again.'' my older brother Vinny by 3 years mumbled to me, I looked down at my 6 younger brothers and sister.

''Hey guys go on into my room and put a film on ok.'' I said they nodded following me in looking between Vinny and I confused.

''We'll be right back in.'' I said closing the door over and I followed my brother to the top of the stair case. ''Don't be mixing your business life with your personal life Lorenzo we have 8 children in this house and I will not let anything happen to them.'' my mom screamed at my dad.

''I fucking know that, you knew my life before we married I can't change it now Bianca.'' he shouted I looked at Vinny their voices getting louder and my bedroom door opened.

''I'll go check on the kids.'' he said I nodded and I stood up and ran down the staircase and into the living room seeing my dad pining my mom to the wall.

''Daddy stop it.'' I yelled pulling him off her standing in front of her. ''Go to your room Bella.'' he said not looking away from my mom.

''No.'' I said not moving he looked at me his jaw clenching. ''Don't have me to tell you again Arabella.'' he narrowed his eyes at me.

''What so you can hit mamma so no I'm not going any were until you clam down daddy.'' I said not moving he looked at mom and sighed dropping his head and sat on the coffee table.

''I'm sorry baby.'' he mumbled to her I looked up at my mom she kissed my head.

''Go on to bed baby everything is ok, I'll be up in a few minutes.'' she said I nodded my dad looked at me but I didn't reach his eyes and I walked out of the room back upstairs.

Age 16

''I miss momma.'' my second youngest brother Paul said I bent down to him.

''I know you do little man I know, but momma is always watching down on you ok.'' I said he nodded sniffling back his tears.

''Don't cry little man it's ok.'' I whispered pulling him into a hug and I looked over his shoulder to see one of the house maids.

''You have a good soccer practice ok.'' he nodded and he walked out the door I nodded at the maid she followed and I let out a deep breath leaning against the wall.

''Bella come in here for a moment.'' I heard my dad call from the office. I pushed myself away from the wall and walked to his office, I raised my eyebrows he motioned for me to sit in the seat in front of him, which I did.

''How you coping darling?'' he asked leaning back in his chair putting his glasses on the table crossing his hands on his belly.

''How would you cope if your mother was murdered for no god damn reason?'' I asked he looked down.