"I always felt like there was this magic between us." A cheesy smile came to his lips. "We've been great friends for years, Savannah. I knew it would be difficult for you to trust someone again.... And I understand why you don't trust anyone. You stopped trusting me after those pictures were leaked.... but somehow we still managed to make it through the bad times. It feels like magic."

I nodded my head softly and absentmindedly rubbed my arm.

"You should get some sleep, Savannah." He leaned over to kiss my forehead. "We've got signings later on. Do you want me to stay with you? We can nap until then."

"I need.... I need alone time, Chris." I spoke quietly, shaking my head gently. His brows were furrowed together in concern.

"Okay. Just promise you'll get some sleep."

"I'll try." I gave him a forced smile. I watched as he left the room.

A loud cracking noise rung throughout the room. My chest suddenly began to feel like someone was stabbing me. I stood up but my knees wouldn't support me. I collapsed to the floor, my hand clutching my chest. I frantically looked around, breathing heavy as I tried to figure out what the hell was going on. Cracks began to form in the wall. Dark blue light shined from inside the cracks. My ears rung. I couldn't hear anything aside from a deafening high pitched noise. The blue in the walls was replaced with red and the ringing became worse. I cried out, grabbing my hair in fistfuls.

Suddenly, everything was silent. My heart was pounding against my chest.

"She's awake." A familiar accented voice spoke. It was Wanda. I opened my eyes only to be blinded by a bright light. I turned my head to see nearly all of the Avengers standing around me.

"Jesus Christ, please tell me you guys are real." My voice was hoarse as I closed my eyes.

"What happened, Shyla?" Steve asked. He sounded normal. He sounded like he always did.

"I don't.... I have no idea." I answered him honestly. I tried to sit up but pain erupted throughout my torso.

"You're still healing from your encounter with the enhanced woman you told Barton about." Bruce explained.

"Enhanced...." I repeated. Then I realized what had happened. "That son of a bitch."

"What is it, Shyla?" Wanda asked.

"Her name is Ida Vexx." I winced as I pushed myself into a sitting position. "How long was I out?"

"Three days." Pietro answered quietly. "Barton found you passed out in your apartment."

"What happened with Ida Vexx, Shyla?" Steve asked me firmly.

"She's stronger than I thought." I slid off of the bed. My knees were weak and I nearly fell to the floor. "Stronger than I was when I was new to the whole thing. She put me into an alternate reality."

"Of course she did." Tony huffed. "Cause that's the logical explanation."

"Move her to the pod, Thor." Steve looked to the large god.

"You guys put me in a pod where my powers are useless and she will destroy this whole place without a second thought." I held his gaze.

"She's stronger than you so your powers are irrelevant." Steve said.

"She's not.... It's not that she's stronger than me." I shook my head. "She's.... She's got no memories, Steve. She's got her mind set on one goal and that is destroying me. If I'm prepared, I can fight her."

"You can barely walk." Clint spoke quietly from his place near the back of the crowd.

"I need to do a few spells. I just need a few things and...." I trailed off. Loki would've been a major plus if he was present and wasn't an ass. "I can make a list and one of you can go out and get it. I understand you don't trust me and you have every right not to.... I did what I thought was right but it was wrong and these are the consequences. All I'm asking is that you don't leave me locked up in some room where I can't protect you guys from her."

Steve looked over to Tony. They held each other's gaze for a while, having some sort of silent conversation, before Steve nodded his head.

"Make your list. But until you get the items, I'd feel better if you were in a pod."

I locked my jaw but nodded my head.

"Thor?"

"I got it." Thor moved to my side and gestured for me to go towards the elevator. "You look like hell."

"Thanks, big guy."

•*•*•

The doors to the pod opened. I had been sitting in the room for nearly two and a half hours waiting for Wanda and Pietro to get back with my list of items.

"Come on." Natasha spoke from the door. I watched her for a few moments. My stomach was twisting into knots. "I don't have all day. Move."

I nodded my head and stood to my feet. Just as I was about to pass her, she grabbed my jacket and slammed me into the wall. I grunted at the pain and grabbed her wrists. She held me tightly against the wall. I didn't have the strength to fight her and she knew that. Her intense gaze burned through me.

"How could you, Shyla?" Her voice was quiet but deadly. She wasn't holding back. She was prepared to do what she had to in order to keep the Avengers safe from me. "I trusted you."

"Natasha, I know what I did was—,"

"Do you know how many times I had to wake Clint up from nightmares? He'd be screaming your name in the middle of the night, get himself so worked up, and then he'd puke because he was so.... so upset, so distraught." Natasha's grip tightened on me. "I trusted you to keep them safe. If I had any idea you were going to do this, I would've prevented this from ever happening. You're just—,"

"Natasha." Wanda called her name softly. Natasha was still for a few moments, her eyes searching mine before she let me go and stormed to the elevator. I let out a little breath and turned to the twins.

"Come with us." Pietro called over his shoulder as he began to walk down the hallway.

I'm going to edit this in the morning!! I'm so tired.

Vote and Comment!!

<3 Kacey <3