Chapter 9

Shyla Vexx's P.O.V.

I stood by the two way mirror, watching the woman who was staring at me.

She had fair skin and gray, bloodshot eyes. Messy, shoulder length jet black hair framed her face. Her nose was pierced with a small, silver hoop. A string of flower tattoos peaked out from underneath the neck of the black sweater and more flowers emerged from her wrist, trailing down her hand and on to her pinky.

She looked like she had seen too many dark things, too many monsters.

"How long are you going to stand there and stare at yourself?"

I flinched, and the woman in the mirror flinched too, when Loki spoke, drawing me out of my little trance.

"It's better than staring at you." I muttered to him.

"Are you even trying to get us out of here?" He practically hissed as he took a few steps towards me.

"My powers don't work in here, asshole." I held my middle finger up in his face. "Believe me, if they did I would have probably killed you by now."

"Then I bid you the best of luck when you do get them back."

I rolled my eyes as he turned his back to me.

"No one is watching us right now."

"How do you know?" I watched him as he began to make his way towards the door.

"Unlike you, I was able to push my abilities beyond these meek walls. They might be enough to contain a mortal but I am no—,"

"I don't need your whole life's speech." I cut him off. "What are you planning on doing?"

"That depends on your stance." Loki turned to face me. "Will you come with me, where you will be free to use your powers how you wish and to do as you desire? Or will you stay here with your so called friends who want to hold you in a cage designed to give you a headache? They want to restrain you, to hold you back from who you are."

"And who am I exactly, Loki?" I crossed my arms as I met his gaze.

"You aren't an Avenger." He answered.

"But I'm not a killer either."

"Oh, I beg to differ." He chuckled coldly, shaking his head. "I have seen the look in your eyes when you take another's life. You enjoy it."

"No, I don't." I gritted my teeth together.

"Do you honestly believe that they would let you back into their little chaotic circle of friends again after what happened?" Loki turned around to face me. "You've always been an outsider, Shyla. I saw it the day I met you. You weren't meant for the civil life—,"

"You talk a whole lot of bullshit for someone who's about to get punched in the face." I clenched my fists together tightly, stepping towards him without hesitation. "I don't want to hear how you thought or think you know what's best for me, Loki. You've just been using me for what I can do since the very second I decided to work with you."

"I may have manipulated certain aspects of your thoughts, but I never once used you, Shyla. I am working on stopping that arrogant wench. It just takes time—,"

"I don't want to spend the rest of my life stopping her, Loki!" I stomped my foot. "I'm not an Asgardian. I don't get to live for thousands and thousands of years! I don't get to wallow in my own pity for a few centuries then decide to take revenge in someone who barely did a damn thing to me like what you're doing. I have a very short life and I don't know when it will end. I want the woman who put me through the worst years of my life to pay for what she did to me and others who didn't get to live. And I want her to suffer now. Not tomorrow or whenever you feel like it. Her death will be the only one I enjoy."