Chapter 14

I needed to figure out who everyone thought I was. It was driving me insane.

Once the interview-or whatever that was-ended, I hastily tried to find an exit. I wanted to get back to the safety of the hotel room. It was quiet there and there weren't people every where I turned. After snapping at a few people and demanding to return to my hotel room, someone drove me in a dark SUV back to the hotel. I learned that the man driving me to the hotel was named Xander. He was my "bodyguard." The door was locked and it required a key card. I began to pat down my pockets frantically.

"You sure you're okay, Savannah?" Xander asked me as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a card.

"Fine." I muttered to him, snatching the card and using it to open the door. I closed the door quickly and locked it. I leaned against the door for a few moments, my eyes hastily searching the room. I spotted a laptop on the coffee table.

I sat down on the edge of the sofa and stared at the laptop for a few moments. I wasn't sure if I could handle the answers to the questions that were racing through my head. I wanted badly to know what was going on but I felt insanely unstable at the moment. The phone in my pocket buzzed. I pulled it out and read the texts. There were numerous messages from a Seb, a Liz Olsen, a T. Hiddleston, and a Boo Boo. I shook my head and put the phone on the table. I opened the laptop and opened the browser. I paused for another moment, thinking about what I should search.

Savannah Lawsyn. That was what everyone kept referring to me as. I nodded my head and typed in the name. The first thing that came up were the top stories. All of them were in some way connected to Chris-Steve proposing to her. Me. We were apparently the same person. I scrolled down, shaking my head at the words 'proposal' and 'marriage.' The next two links were to a Twitter account and a Wikipedia page. I bit my lip and decided to click on the Wikipedia link.

"Savannah Maria Lawsyn, born June first, 1979, is an American actress. Lawsyn is known for her role as Shyla Vexx in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Lawsyn began her career in 1998 as a model." I muttered out loud as I read through the page. I scrolled down until I found the words 'leaked nudes.' "In December 2006, Lawsyn's six year boyfriend, NFL quarterback Chad Kelly, supposedly leaked very personal photos of Lawsyn on to the internet. Lawsyn turned to drugs as a way to cope with the incident—,"

"Savannah?"

I jumped and clutched my chest, my eyes flying over to Chris-Steve. He was standing near the door, his brows furrowed together.

"Sweetheart, what are you doing?"

"Nothing." I shook my head and closed the laptop. I rubbed my palms together as I took a deep breath. "Can I.... Can I talk to you, St-Chris?"

"Of course." He nodded his head and was quick to take a seat next to me on the sofa. "What's up? What's going on?"

I shook my head, my eyes focusing on my hands.

"I just want to ask you a few questions."

"Of course. Go ahead." He held his hand out for me to take. I looked at his hand for a few moments then placed my hand in his. For some reason, there was a sense of serenity that washed over me as I held his hand.

"Do you believe in magic?" I glanced over to him out of the corner of my eyes. He hesitated a little bit.

"What kind of magic? Like magician magic um.... Shyla's kind of magic....? Or us?"

I shook my head gently with furrowed brows.

"I don't understand. Us?"

He sat back on the couch and ran a hand over his scruffy jaw.