Chapter 3

Shyla Vexx's P.O.V.

One. Two. Three. Four.

I took a deep breath and held it, visualizing a ball of energy in front of me.

Four. Three. Two. One.

"Shyla?"

As I exhaled, I pushed the ball of energy away.

A soft breeze blew through my apartment, causing my dark hair to tickle my nose.

One. Two. Three. Four.

"Are you seriously giving me the silent treatment?"

I opened my eyes, placing my hands in my lap as I looked to Loki. He stood by the front door.

"I have nothing to say to you."

"That doesn't mean you need to ignore me. Maybe I have something to say to you."

I rolled my eyes at him and started to go into my meditation state again. However, Loki blew out all of my candles and closed the window to my apartment. I inhaled deeply, wanting to keep calm this time, and stood up. I would meditate later. As I was picking up my candles, Loki appeared by my side and stopped me from moving.

"It's been two days, Shyla. What is your problem?"

"My problem is you thinking it's okay putting your hands on me." I slammed my candles down on the glass coffee table so hard that the glass cracked. I turned to the god and pushed up the sleeve of my gray hoodie. I held up my wrist to show him the hand shaped bruise he had left behind.

He bit the inside of his cheek and shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

"I didn't think you bruised that easily—,"

"I don't, you ass. You're a fucking Asgardian. I'm only human. But that isn't the point." I yanked my sleeve back into place and pushed pass him, making sure my shoulder hit his arm. "Have you ever thought that maybe people stay away from you because you're rough and insensitive and rude and a bunch of mean shit that no one wants to be around and have in their life?"

Okay, that was a little hypocritical.

"I think that is what makes us such a great duo. No one else understands us, what we feel, the anger that courses through our veins—,"

"I'm only angry when you push my buttons, Loki!" I cut him off, spinning around to face him.

"Oh I beg to differ, darling." He shook his head. "There is rage boiling inside you. Resentment for those who can live their life how they wish, without knowledge of the darkness in the world, in the universe."

I diverted my eyes away from him and to my broken coffee table.

"Why did you want Lisowski dead at the benefit?"

"What?"

"It would have been easier for both of us just for me or you to go to his hotel room and take him out there." I met Loki's gaze, straightening my shoulders. "Why go through the hassle of taking identities and getting outfits and playing dress up at the benefit where the Avengers were?"

He said nothing. Loki knew I was on to him.

"Tell me, Loki." I spoke through clenched teeth to him. "I've been following you blindly for two and a half-almost three-years."

"I wanted to test your loyalty, to see if you'd listen to me and forget about them." Loki replied honestly with his head held high. He wasn't ashamed of his answer.