Chapter 2: River

Jessica's POV

I slipped a note in front of Logan. We have been passing notes to each other ever since class started.

Mr. Gyres, being the blind man he was, did not notice us as he continued rambling about something I had already studied beforehand.

A piece of paper appeared in front of me and I picked it up.

River's checking you out again.
- Logan

I looked at Logan who was glaring at someone to my left. I turned and saw green eyes and black hair. A cocky smirk was spread out on his flawless face. His eyes shamelessly wandered my body and he licked his lips.

I coughed rather loudly, making his eyes meet mine. He didn't blush but quickly scrawled something on a piece of paper. He tore it and passed it to me.

Wanna come to my place tonight?
- River

Then another piece of paper was on my desk.

What did he write?
- Logan

I scribbled a note on the back of the paper River had gave me and passed it back.

Sorry, I have plans tonight.
- Jessica

Then I wrote a note for Logan.

Nothing. What movie are we watching tonight?
- Jessica

Logan instantly replied.

Penny would want to watch Twilight.
- Logan

Please, no more of that.
- Jessica

Then what?
- Logan

I feel like laughing at some sad movie.... How about Titanic?
- Jessica

Don't laugh too loud. Penny will scold you for being too loud and ruining the moment.
- Logan

So Titanic it is.
- Jessica

•••

I set my tray down, in between Penny and Logan. I sat down heavily and sighed loudly.

"What's wrong?" Penny asked, not taking her eyes off her pizza.

"River tried cornering me." I said, rubbing my face roughly.

"Mm," Penny hummed. "He is so desperate for popularity."

"But he's already in the football team. In fact, he's the quarterback." I said biting my cheesy pizza. "Why need more fame?"

"You are a popular girl and you are the Alpha's only daughter that is being treated like a queen everywhere you go." Logan said shrugging. "Or maybe he like those cliche stuff with the cheerleader and football player."

"I'm not a cheerleader." I said flatly. "I just inherited my brothers' popularity."

"That makes you even more popular." Penny chirped. "Your extremely good looking brothers used to rule the school. So when their smart, hot, hard to get, model like sister joins, people would be attracted. Cheerleader or not."

"I don't play hard to get." I scoffed. "I am just waiting for that special someone."

Penny smiled at me and I thought I saw a trace of pity. She reached over and patted my hand. "I know."

What was that about?

I gave her a weirded out look and she continued smiling sympathetically.

There is something she's not telling me...

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked.

Her eyes widened and she began fidgeting under my hard gaze. "Um... I have to go to the bathroom." She stood up abruptly and hurried away.