• Chapter Seven - The Battle of Takodana

Start from the beginning

There was one X-Wing ship that was taking down every TIE fighter in their path while flying so gracefully. A small laugh escaped my lips at the thought of how strong the Resistance really is. As the X-Wing flew above my head, I heard Finn shout, "THAT'S ONE HELL OF A PILOT!"

As Finn ran back over to me, I noticed that all of the stormtroopers were running back towards their ship, and the rest of the TIE fighters were all flying away. Finn and I both looked over at the ship, and my eyes widened when I saw Kylo Ren holding somebody in his arms while walking back into his ship. My heart dropped when I saw it was Rey.

"NO!" Finn suddenly shouted.

Before I could even say anything, Finn sprinted off towards the ship. I immediately took off after him, sprinting as fast as I could. Please keep in mind that's not very fast. Finn kept screaming out Rey's name as he ran towards the ship. As the ship started to take off, Finn stopped at shouted, "REY!"

As I finally reached him, the ship took off into the sky. I gently placed my hand on his shoulder and said, "Finn, I'm sorry. Trust me, I'm worried too, but the best thing we can do is get back to the Resistance. They can help Rey. We can come up with a plan to rescue her. Please, trust me."

He looked completely shattered as he just looked at the spot the ship was in. Then, he turned to me and asked, "They can really save her?"

"Yes, I promise you." I assured him, "Just come back to the Resistance with us."

He just slowly nodded his head, even though I knew his mind was still racing about Rey. I placed my hand on his shoulder, and we started to walk over to the large Resistance ship that just landed. Before I could even get all the way over there, a very familiar droid stepped in front of me.

"Elyse!" C-3PO said to me excitedly while waving his red arm at me, "Oh my, it's so good to see you."

As Finn just eyed C-3PO weirdly, I smiled at him and said, "It's good to see you too, 3PO. Is General Organa here with you?"

"She's over by the ship talking to Han Solo," He informed me before continuing, "I couldn't believe it! I don't think he recognized me because of the red arm, but-"

"3PO," I cut him off because even though I loved C-3PO, he had a tendency to talk a lot, "This is Finn. He helped Poe and I escape from the First Order, and he's been helping me try to get BB-8 back. Could you escort him to the ship, please?"

"Of course," C-3PO replied before turning to Finn and saying, "It's so lovely to meet you. I'm C-3PO. Let me tell you some things about the ship-"

Finn just gave me a look before walking off with C-3PO. I laughed a little bit before walking over to the ship. My heart lifted up when I saw General Organa. She was talking to Han, but when she saw me, a small smile formed on her face. She excused herself from Han, and when he saw me standing close to them, he seemed to understand why she wanted to talk to me. He walked away from us, and when he was gone, General Organa held out her arms. I immediately walked over and hugged her tightly. It felt very good to see her again. Ever since I've left Naboo, she's been the mother figure in my life, and I really missed her because she's one of the few people who really believe in me.

Once we pulled away, she placed her hand on my cheek and asked, "How are you?"

"I'm okay," I assured her, "I'm so sorry."

"For what?" She asked me confused.

"I failed you, General. You trusted me to go with Poe and BB-8 to get the map to Luke, but I failed to even get to you. Now, Poe is dead and I don't even know where BB-8 is. You believed in me because you saw something in me, and I proved to you that was wrong. I'm so sorry."

My head fell down as tears started to build in my eyes. General Organa just made me look at her and said to me, "Elyse, you did not fail me. There was a reason I sent you to go on this mission. You did exactly what I needed you to do. You needed to get the map and keep it safe. And you did. When I said I saw something in you, I meant it. You're not a failure. In fact, I'm very proud of you."

"Really?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and smiled at me. I gave her a small smile and quickly wiped the tears from my eyes. That's when I remembered something, "There a woman over there in the woods. She's hurt pretty bad."

General Organa told some of the Resistance soldiers behind her, and they took off running out to the direction I told them. Suddenly, I heard a very familiar beeping next to me. When I looked to my left, I saw BB-8 quickly rolling over to me. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I fell to my knees and held out my arms. BB-8 rolled right into my arms and placed his head on my shoulder. I started to laugh happily since I knew he was alive.

I let go of him and asked him, "Are you okay? Do you still have the map?"

Yes, He replied, which made me let out a sigh of relief, They took Rey. We have to rescue her.

"We will, buddy. I promise," I assured him, knowing how much he really cared about Rey. I gave him a small smile and asked, "You ready to go home?"

You bet!, He answered excitedly.

I let out a sigh of relief, "Me too."

———

As soon as we landed at the Resistance base, the doors of the ship opened, and a lot of the soldiers ran out, along with Finn and BB-8. I stayed behind with a few of the other soldiers taking care of the injured woman. I was putting the finishing touches on her bandage when one of the soldiers told me, "We can take her to the Med Bay when you're done, Doctor."

"Thank you," I replied, "When you get there, could you tell one of the other medics that I said to put her in a room so she can get some rest?"

The man nodded his head, and I thanked him. When I was finally done, the soldiers placed her on a gurney and took her to the Med Bay. I picked up my jacket, which was covered in blood, and tied it around my waist. I looked at the cut on my arm, and it had dry blood around it. I'll definitely have to look at it later.

I walked off the ship, and a smile formed on my face when I saw the very familiar base in front of me. Many soldiers and pilots welcomed me back as I walked by. It felt very good to be back. Being on the run can definitely take a toll on you, and it was nice being in a very familiar place again.

When I saw Finn and BB-8, I immediately stopped when I saw they were talking to somebody. Somebody with dark hair and a handsome smile wearing a orange pilot uniform. Somebody that I never thought I would see again. My heart dropped to the ground.

"Poe?"