Epilogue

"Movie night!" Gabriel declared, several days later. He slammed a handful of DVDs on the table, startling the hunters who had been quietly eating dinner.

"What?" Dean asked, annoyed.

"We're having a movie night!"

"Like, right now?" Sam asked.

"No," Dean butted in. "You're just gonna force me to sit through a low rated rom com while you try to grope my brother in the dark right next to me."

Gabriel pulled a comically offended face. "Okay, first of all," he began ticking points off on his fingers, "I have excellent taste in movies and, if you will direct your attention to my specimens, you'll see that we will be watching very highly rated rom coms. Plural. Secondly, there is no try, there is only do, and do not." He grinned devilishly at the disgusted face Dean made. "And lastly, there is an entire other set of chairs for you to choose from, I'm not forcing you to sit on the couch with us."

"Sam, can't you stop him or something?"

"From groping me when you're in the room? Yes. From doing movie night?" he shrugged. "Probably." Dean looked relieved. "But I won't," Sam added. "Don't see a problem with it. Have you got something better to do?"

"Yeah, this is for family bonding time," Gabriel chimed back in.

Dean grimaced. He didn't want to be putting 'Gabriel' and 'family' next to each other any time soon. Or ever.

"Oh, come on! I already invited Cas and he said yes, don't make me third wheel him!"

On cue, Cas appeared.

"There you are!" Gabriel exclaimed. "Tell Dean to stop being a party pooper and join in on movie night."

"Why do you not want to? I think it sounds like a good time."

Dean caved. "Fine!" he turned to Gabriel. "No rom coms and you got yourself a deal."

Gabriel grinned. He snapped and the Rush Hour movies appeared, fanned out, in his hand.

"Deal."

They all got settled in as Gabriel started the first movie, and Sam pretended not to notice Dean 'accidentally' pushing his armchair up against Cas'.

He stretched out on the couch, letting his legs go off the other end so he could lay his head on the armrest. Gabriel unceremoniously laid down on top of him and manually wrapped Sam's arms around himself. Sam smiled a bit at his antics and squeezed his arms a bit tighter.

Much to Dean's dismay, Gabriel kept up a running commentary through the movie, pointing out plot holes and heckling the characters. Dean didn't leave though, so Sam figured he couldn't have been too annoyed.

About halfway through the second movie, he glanced back at Dean. He seemed to be drifting off, slumped over the edge of his chair all the way to lean on Cas' shoulder. Sam smiled, and then did a double take. Wait⁠⁠— was that...?

Yep, at a second glance he could see that his and Cas' hands were intertwined, resting on the angel's leg. He watched as Cas squeezed his hand, and Dean's eyes blinked open. Dean gave his head a tiny shake, and looked up at Cas, who was still staring at the movie. He directed his gaze back to the screen as well, but it didn't take long for his eyes to droop closed again.

Sam shifted his shoulder a bit to jostle Gabriel, who looked up at him in askance. He tilted his head subtly at Dean and Cas, and Gabriel smirked, nodding.

"When?" Sam whispered quietly.

Gabriel wiggled his eyebrows and tapped his lips. Right, it wasn't his to tell. Sam supposed it didn't matter, but he wondered how long it would take Dean to tell him.

"You idiot! Look around you!" Gabriel yelled at the screen, stuffing yet another candy wrapper into the sofa cushions.

It was hard for Sam to hold back a smile. Gabriel's weight on him was reassuring, and the smell of chocolate and peanuts was thick in the air as he let his eyes slide closed. He was surrounded by the people he loved, and they weren't in a bad shape for once. They were all...happy.

Things just might be okay after all.