Chapter 33

"We aren't going anywhere." I say pulling over to the curb. "Okay. Get out."

"Please? Come on." Chasity begs with her hands folded together and her bottom lip poking out.

"No Chasity." I say firmly as I put the car in park and turn the engine off.

"Where are you going that I can't?" She rolls her eyes and leans back sinking further into the chair.

"Fine." I nod biting the inside of my cheek and starting the car back up. I honestly just never wanted to see my dad or his 'wife' again. I didn't care for her and it seemed that he preferred her over me. My dad is a great guy...honest. I'm just worried that if I go there and tell him everything he'll just blow me off. Sure he's given me all I need a car, money for college and essentials but not a relationship. We never talked. Then again my mom was there so I didn't really complain. I'm suddenly brought of my thoughts when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"What's on your mind Meagan?" Looking at her from the corner of my eye I can see that she's concerned.

"Nothing." I lie.

"Oh really?" Chasity questions me in a sarcastic tone. "Do you always look that tense and angry when you drive?"

"I'm scared." I breathe out and tighten my hands around the steering wheel. I hate showing weakness. I hate being vulnerable.

"Of what babes?" Her voice is curious and I let out a deep sigh. "Meagan."

"Okay What-what if he doesn't wanna talk to me. I won't have anyone left Chasity. Everyone's given up on me." The tears fill my eyes clouding my eyes. The thought of being alone terrifies me. I can't live like that. I blink lightly trying to hold the tears in and suck up the pain. But it's not use they stream out anyways and I wipe them away immediately.

"Hey...you've still got me." I laugh unhumorously as I turn into the driveway of my dads summer house. I don't think I'll ever get used to the view. Black freshly polished gate, paved brick pathway, a large fountain in the middle of the front yard, flowers of all sorts lined up around it. I remember just wanting to trample every single one of them. I wait for the gate to open and continue to drive forward.

No sign of his or Marie's car. I tell Chasity to stay put while I check and see if there's anyone home. But as I knock on the door I get no answer. I knock again and still no answer. I start to think that there's no one here and walk back to the car.

"Nothing. This was a stupid idea anyways." I say as I look at  Chasity who is giving me an odd look.

"They just pulled in." I furrow my brows and look behind us. Sure enough there they are. My dad gets out of the car and the gates close automatically.

"Sweetie go in the house. You too Kyle." He says as he approaches me still in my car. "Hey Meagan. What brings you by?" He questions looking forward at the porch where his 'wife' is standing waving him in like a damn idiot.

"Just wanted to talk." My voice is weak and quiet causing him to finally look at me. Concern instantly fills his eyes.

"Come in."

"You can come if you want. It might take a while. I might stay so you can just take the car back to campus when you leave." She rolls her eyes and hops out of the car smiling ear to ear.

"Definitely not. Besides, that Kyle guy isn't bad to look at." I wanted to laugh but just end up forcing a smile and walking away.

"Dad!" I shout through the house. I jut want to get this over with.

"Kitchen!" He shouts back and I rush to the clean white kitchen immediately. "What did you want to talk about?" I take a seat on one of the stools at the counter losing myself in my thoughts. Everything is falling apart around me. "Meagan?"