Catch Up With Friends

When the priestess finally came out of the healing chambers, she seemed very tired. Yami was instantly alert and she looked to him.

"Yugi will be just fine. He is very strong but will need to remain in bed for a few weeks." The Priestess told Yami, who nodded. "Yugi will probably be in pain so let him take it easy for a few days." She advises him and Yami nods.

Yami soon takes Yugi back to the room and lies him down in the small room beside his. He then goes to sleep after removing his shirt and lying down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Yami awakes to the glaring sun and sits up, then gets dressed and stops when he sees Yugi's blood on the floor, scrubbed but still stained. He peeks into Yugi's room to find the boy holding his stomach in pain. He stepped in and Yugi quickly looked at him, then down again just as fast.

"Good morning." Yami greets and Yugi flinches at his voice. "What happened last night?" Yami asks, sitting down and Yugi looks away.

"I don't remember..." Yugi lies and Yami looks his hunched form up and down before sighing. "What is it, master? I cannot stand very well at the moment." Yugi admits sadly and Yami lifts his head before smiling.

"You don't need to work for a little while." He tells him and Yugi's confused before Yami moves closer. "Anyway, I have to go for breakfast. Do you know any other slaves?" He asks and Yugi nods slowly.

"Yeah...Jou and Ryou from the dance group. I think Malik might still be working in the kitchens?" Yugi admits and he nods, then leaves. "I would like to catch up on Serenity, Ishizu and Makisa." Yugi mutters and he looks at his topless chest, showing his bandaged stomach.

Soon, the door opens and Jou, Malik and Ryou come in, chattering to each other. Jou and Malik see Yugi and their jaws drop while Ryou goes over and gently hugs Yugi. Jou and Malik sit on the bed and they all start to talk.

"You made it out, Yug'?" Jou asks and Yugi nods silently. "How's your folk?" He asks and Yugi sighs.

"My parents were killed by the royal guard and my baby sister was captured." Yugi tells them and they're shocked. "How's yours?" Yugi asked and Jou smiled.

"Mam was killed, dad's a drunk so I ran with Serenity and Kaela." Jou told him and he smiled and hugged him gently. "How's yours Malik?" Jou asked and Yugi turned to him.

"My parents sold me as a pleasure slave but I slipped into the dance instead. My sister Ishizu works at the palace actually, but I haven't seen her." Malik admits and Yugi smiles. "How about you Ryou?" Malik asked and Ryou sat with Yugi.

"Mum was killed by dad and Anya and me ran. Now Anya's just had a baby girl, Makisa." Ryou tells them and they all chat and catch up for a bit.

"How could they? I mean, it ain't Yug's fault he's got special genes." Jou snorted and Yugi sighed, then Ryou giggled a little. "What? Yug's got limited offer genes!" Jou joked with a laugh and Malik snickered a little.

"Guys! That's not fair..." Yugi murmured and Jou smiled. "Jou stop scheming..." Yugi warned and Jou snapped out of it.

"I-I wasn't..." Jou sounded scared and Yugi snapped onto it. "Yugi. The Silver Moon is approaching too quickly!" Jou cried and Yugi sighed, then hugged his blonde friend.

Jou had blonde messy hair and wore a short white top and short skirt. He usually also wore a goofy grin. Malik had sandy blonde hair that stuck out and he wore a white shirt and skirt that seemed long to Jou and Ryou. Malik also wore a hairnet and apron over his clothes. Ryou wore the same as Jou, with white hair that spiked up and out. They all wore silver bracelets on their wrists.