Chapter 12

~~~~~

Mark slightly moved back a little, leaving you craving for him even more. You lift yourself up on your tippy-toes, seizing at his nape to bring him closer just so you can capture his lips once again. He smirked at your actions, being pretty conceited as he cupped your cheek.

Your heart was pounding faster, your legs felt weaker than usual, and your mind was racing. You couldn't control your actions.

You felt attracted to him. There was just something about him that made your spine tingle and your heart pound like crazy.

After a few minutes or so, Mark slowly pulled away, meeting your eyes at the process. He could feel his breathing become heavier just by looking at you.

He bit his lower lip then shook off his thoughts and turned back to your Father, swinging his arm around your waist to keep you still.

"Enough proof for you?" Mark asked, arching his brows up at your Father as he smugged.

"Honestly, I don't care if you're my daughter's boyfriend or not, but..." He came close to you, taking you by the hand. "I'm taking her home with me."

As soon as he was about to go the other direction, Mark grasped at your other hand, preventing both you and your Dad from going any further.

"I don't think so."

This scene seemed somewhat familiar. Back from when you first met Mark and when you first met your Father.

"Let go." Mark demanded through gritted teeth.

"Make me." Your Father hissed back

Mark looked like a predator about to jump on his prey. There was no telling when he was going to pounce.

The death stares between these two men frightened you. It was like they were just killing each other with there eyes. You knew you had to do something about this.

There hands around yours made your palms sweat which gave you an opportunity to slip out there grasp. You take a step back and their pupils immediately flicked to you.

You placed your hands on your Dad's chest pushing him back before he starts anything else.

There was no way you were going to let them be like this. They should at least learn to get along.

"Mark, can't you just-" Before you could say anything, he tugged you towards him then swept you off your feet.

You glanced back at your Dad whom seemed to be quite pissed. He just sighed and brought his fingers to his ears, signalling you to call him. At that, you nod and face Mark again.

"Put me down." You commanded and he completely ignored you.

He threw you up a bit to adjust you in his arms, but the small jump surprised the heck out of you. You wrap your arms around him, frightened that he could drop you any minute.

As he continued to walk down the sidewalk, both of you received uncomfortable stares from citizens passing by. You felt true discomfort and hid your face in the crook of his neck.