Chapter Nine

JJ and I arrived at our resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica at four in the morning but that didn't stop us from getting busy. The sun started to come up and I propped myself up on my elbow to watch. I turned around to wake JJ, but he wasn't there.

"Good morning." JJ came into the bedroom from what I'm pretty sure was the kitchen with a tray of breakfast. I smile a little and he kisses my head softly.

"You didn't want to sleep, honey?" I ask him, and he shakes his head with a smile on his face. His waist was just wrapped in just a towel and I could tell that he had taken a shower this morning.

"So, I booked us a couple's massage for this afternoon. You kept mumbling about Jase in your sleep and I got worried about you." He holds my hand and rubs the back of it with his thumb softly.

"That sounds nice. Thank you, babe." I kiss his cheek and start eating my plate of French toast. I was already starving. JJ rubs my back softly and I sigh. I was so glad that we got to come here together. I missed Jase so much, but Ellie was his godmother and my best friend, so I knew he was in good hands.

Ellie's POV

I was trying not to pout but I couldn't help it. I had to cancel my date this morning with Henry because I had forgotten that I was going to have Jase this Sunday. It was his first day away from his parents and I didn't want to just dump him on a sitter. He seemed pretty calm, probably because he knew me and was comfortable with me. He shook around his football and he shook it so hard that it went flying across the room.

"Don't worry Jase. I'll get it." I tell him with a smile. I knew he couldn't walk or crawl yet. I picked it up and the doorbell rang. I was staying at Ivy and JJ's house and I hoped that they didn't have a guest while they were gone. I handed Jase his football and picked him up from the floor and went over to the door, pulling it open. "Henry." I was in my pajamas and was not expecting to see him this morning.

"Hey." He smiles a bit and I was hoping that he couldn't see my blush. "So, I know that this is kind of last minute, but I felt bad that you couldn't join me for brunch, so I decided to bring the brunch to you." He held up shopping bags and I stepped out of the way so that he could come in.

"That's very sweet of you Henry. Thank you." I smile just a bit and follow him into the kitchen. "Umm, I'm going to go upstairs and change." I practically ran out of the room. There was a chance that he hadn't seen me in my pajamas and I didn't want him to just in case I drew attention to them. I changed my clothes and threw on some lip gloss and then turned to look at Jase. He was laying on his tummy, trying to pull my pillowcase off the pillow. I smile and snapped a picture of him, sending it to Ivy with the caption getting ready with aunt Ellie! I picked him up and headed back downstairs, hoping I didn't take too long.

"Wonder Woman is a great superhero." Henry takes a break from whisking pancake batter to look up at me with a slightly raised eyebrow and I laughed a little, my cheeks turning bright pink. My phone buzzed on the counter as I put Jase in his high chair and I ran my hand through my hair as I picked it up. Before I could even say hello Ivy instantly started talking.

"Did he wake up okay? How is he doing without me there? Did he eat his morning bottle okay? Is everything okay that he's picking at the pillowcase like that?" She tanked me with questions and I couldn't help but smile.

"Ivy, he's fine. When he woke up he put himself into a fit of giggles because he threw his stuffed animals out of the crib. I don't think he's noticed that you're gone. He ate his morning bottle in about five minutes just like he always does, and he was just having some tummy time while I changed my clothes. He's fine." I smile and shake the rattle in front of his face. He snatches it from me and starts waving it around.

 He snatches it from me and starts waving it around

"I'm just worried about him. I've never been away from him for more than a day." I could hear her voice cracking on the other end of the phone. She was probably trying not to cry.

"I will send you updates as often as I can Ives. Everything is going to be fine." I tell her with a soft sigh. "Just enjoy your honeymoon with JJ. Enjoy it while you can." I smile a bit and look at Henry. He smiles slightly at me and I look down a little. I didn't want to make things weird.

"Okay okay. I'll talk to you later. Please send those updates!" I hear JJ talking to her in the background and then she spoke fast. "Bye Ells!" She hung up before I could say anything else and I put the phone down.

"You're a good friend," Henry tells me with a slight smile. I smile a bit as well and sit down at the island counter. "I've babysat for my brother's before and my sisters get worried too."

"What's it like to have four brothers?" I ask him. We had talked about his brothers on our date, but we didn't get too much into it. Even though Ivy was practically my sister, I was an only child.

"We're all super supportive of each other. Even though they used to make fun of me for wanting to pursue acting, they all love me, and I know it." He shrugs his shoulders and looks up at me.

"What's it like to be an only child?" He asks me curiously. Whenever he asked me questions, I knew it was because he wanted to know and not because he was being polite. I liked that about him a lot.

"It was kind of boring. My dad's always let me go to Ivy's house and I spent a lot of time there. She's practically my sister. I didn't want to say anything to her but I'm kind of scared that now that she's married we're going to spend less time together. I love JJ and everything but I'm really going to miss everything we used to do together." I smile just a bit, hoping that I wasn't giving him too much information too soon or anything.

"Well, now you have me." He tossed a blueberry at me and I laugh at the motion but the fact that he told me I had him made me feel all giddy on the inside. I felt like a little girl that a boy passed a note to in class.

"Thanks," I whisper and look at Jase. He was quietly playing with his toy football still. I smiled a bit and then looked back at Henry. He was looking at me but looked away when he saw that I saw him.

"So, do you plan on having one of those one day?" I smile a bit when he asks me that and turn to look at Jase again. He was so quiet when he played with his toys.

"I do. Everyone thinks that I'm crazy because I want to wait until I'm married to have sex, but I don't want to use birth control and I really want to be in love when I do have sex." I tell him, playing with my hands kind of nervously. I was worried that I wouldn't be what he wanted or that he would think that I'm crazy.

"Good for you Ellie. Not a lot of people believe what they want to believe because they just want to impress everyone else. I can't say that I've done the same, but it doesn't make me like you any less." He tells me, and I look up at him. He smiles slightly at me and I smile back at him. This brunch wasn't what I was expecting but I was so glad it happened. 

*** Hey YALL! YOU ARE ALL SO AMAZING! I love all the support! Just letting you all know that I have added the #Watty2018 to the story tags so I am now entered for a chance in the Watty Awards. Please keep voting for this story! I am in awe of you all :) THANKS SO MUCH! There's definitely more to come! 

Please leave me some comments of your thoughts :)