Part 18: Troubling Matters

King Pov.......

Ramposa: He didn't ask for anything....

The King paused as he left the room.

Gazef: Your Majesty?

Ramposa: That man, Sir Specter, he deserves some kind of reward, yes?

Gazef: He seemed honorable not asking for anything.

Ramposa: yes.......

He seemed deep n thought for a moment. He turned to Gazef

Ramposa: Tell me, what rank was that adventurer?

Gazef: I believe Silver. Though, i'm not quite sure....

Ramposa: Hm, it seems a warrior of his level shouldnt be that low...... Gazelf, may I ask you to speak to the adventurers guild about this matter?

He bowed.

Gazef: Of course. But your power is limited when it comes to the guild.....

Ramposa seemed focused. He furrowed his brows as he thought.

Ramposa: Yes, try to push for a high rank, that warrior is strong. Maybe even stronger then Blue Rose.......

The king wondered as we walked away deeper into the castle. Gazef trailed behind him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonus Pov....

Well, that went better then expected.

We sat at a table at the inns main hall. Me, Delta, Nocmore, and Clair sat around the table. Clair drank a drink she ordered, while Nocmore and Delta sat patiently at the table. I looked down at the drink in front of me. It was just water, but it made me wonder

[Disguise]

I slowly removed my helmet and looked into my reflection. It was just like Delta had told me, Short white hair and blue eyes. I looked pretty young to.

Clair: Sir Specter, why did you hide your face until now?

She still didn't know anything. All she needed to know was we were strong.

Specter: I'm not sure, a force of habit maybe.

Clair: hm.

she went back to drinking whatever she had as I sighed. I had to give a report to Ains soon, but when would be right?

Nocmore: My Lord.

Specter: Remember, just Specter is fine.

Nocmore: Right. Sir Specter, The way the childish human spoke to you at the meeting irradiated me.

Is he talking about that prince?

Specter: Oh? How so?

Nocmore: A great strategist like you could probably see it, he tried to manipulate you. Teasing you with money and greed. Pathetic. If you had ordered I would have eliminated him!

He started to speak louder the longer he spoke. The innkeeper looked at us from behind the bar curiously.

A adventure threatening death jaws probably not unusual. But, one of our caliber against the prince.....

I quickly motioned for him to quiet down. He seemed worried as he realized he was yelling and stopped speaking.

Nocmore: My apologies, I spoke out of tone.....

He was total manipulating me and I didn't even realize it! I gotta pay more attention to people....

Specter: Its no matter. Besides, he could never manipulate me.

Nocmorre: I didn't mean, O-of course he-

Specter: I understood your words. Its fine.

That prince.....he's a crafty guy. He might be useful. I guess I should finally call Ains and report.

I put my helmet back on and stood. I looked to Delta. Then at Noc and Clair. Clair seemed the most confused.

I pulled out a small bag from inside my pocket in my armor. I tossed it to Clair.

Specter: I have some buisness I must attend. Here is some Spending money, go upgrade your gear.

Her eyes grew wide as she opened the big. A huge smile spread across her face.

Clair: Alright! Thank you! Do you need anything?

Specter: I'm fine.

As if on cue she ran for the door. Noc turned to try and tell her to wait, but was to slow. He looked back to me, waiting.

Specter: Go and make sure shes alright.

He gave a big sigh and started to walk after her. I looked back at delta.

Specter: Alright, lets call home.

—————————————-

I entered my room in the inn. Everything was fine. Nothing changed. For some reason, I had a nagging feeling someone would have looked around.

I entered and was immediately drawn to the windowsill. Perched there was Vor. The bird waited patiently for me. How long had it been there?

I forgot to give it a command..... woops.

I walked into the room. Delta closed the door behind me.As soon as I reached for my helmet and slowly started to take it off, the mist of my true form started to sap through.  I set the mask gently on the bed. Vor flew to my shoulder swiftly as soon as I set it down.

I realized people could probably see me through the window. Thankfully, outside was just a back alley. But just in case....

[Reflection]

I cast a spell on the hole in the wall. Anyone who looked into our room would just see a empty space.

Now. Time to call Ains and tell him how amazing everything is turning out.

It had been a while since I had contacted anyone from Nazarcik. Delta was doing regular check-ins, and I thought I saw Nocmore talking to someone a while ago.

[Message]

I waited for Ains to pick up. What should I tell him first? My plan to learn and explore? Or maybe about the Royal families interest in me?

I heard the connect sound suddenly.

Sonus: Ah, Ains I have alot to tell you about-

Ains: Sonus?! Are you okay?!

I was thrown back by what he said. 

Sonus: why wouldn't I be?

Ains: Good, I need you to return to the tomb as soon as you can. 

Were we under attack?! Did he find a player?! 

Sonus: why?! Whats happened?!

Ains: I was just informed by Albedo that Shalltear has started a Rebellion.

She.... She WHAT?!?!?!