Chapter 27 - Senns the Dark Angel

Start from the beginning

Just when I was going to run, I saw three other angels behind me on he building. I guess I trapped myself.

"Who are you?" Normally assassins wouldn't answer your questions. But I don't think angels would be assassins. From the fact that they have three pairs of wings I can guess that they're seraphs, the strongest angels of the angelic race. Closest to the gods.

"We are seraphs of the third order. We have come to take you to the lord of the gods to pay for your crimes of killing a fellow kin. Surrender now and we won't have to engage against you." The angel that was following me landed in front of me and raised a large sword with his hand. The other angels raised their hands and I saw light forming on the palm of their hands.

"Sorry, but I'm not planning on bowing down to the gods, and I'm especially not going to accept punishment for what I did. If anything that trickster of a god should have been punished, he attacked us first." It's not like I was seeking a fight with that god. He put us under a spell, so I saw him as a threat.

"In that case. We will bring you in by force." He flew at me and raised his sword.

I threw my cloak to cover my left arm in it and turned it into its dragon form. Afterwards I raised it towards the angel to block his attack.

As my arm clashed against his sword he was sent backwards from the knock back.

"How did you block my attack?" As if I'll answer that. I'm not going to tell you my ideas. You'll just find a weakness.

But his dumb line aside, I'm glad this cloak was able to work as a shield. That saves me trouble of actually buying one.

I turn my sword into a scythe and charge at him. I darken our surroundings and blind them using magic and slash at one that was at the back casting a spell.

"Light Beam" He heard me approaching and tried to hit me with a light spell. The beam of light tore through some of the darkness and destroyed part of the building next to us.

Yup, don't want to get hit by that.

"Use light magic to get rid of the darkness!" Seems like they figured it out. Took them a while. But it was too late.

As their leader was saying those words I had just placed my scythe behind one of the mages' head and pulled back. Decapitating him. I spin my scythe around and swung to my side to impale the angel that was approaching me from behind.

Two down two to go.

I charge at the leader but when I swing my scythe down he blocks it with his sword and pushes it to the side. He then tries to swing his sword and slash my head.

Not happening. I turn my face towards his sword and turn my teeth into a dragon's. As the sword reaches me I bite down on it just in time and my teeth pierce through the blade. I felt some blood drip down the sides of my mouth but it's not serious since it was a shallow cut. As my teeth are stuck on the blade I ignore the pain and pull my head away, making him lose his grip on the blade. I took this as my chance and reached out to his face. Once I was holding him I used magic to kill him by making his head implode.

Phew! That was close, I could feel some god slaying magic covering their weapons and their light magic was certainly strong enough to do some damage.

"Well now that that's over with." I turn around and see one more angel charging at me.

Oops, forgot about him. Just as I was about to use my cloak as a shield again, I saw a shadow of someone above me.

The next thing I saw were three pairs of dark feathered wings.

"What are 'you' doing here!" The angel said as he was stared down by the dark angel.

"On a mission. See you in hell." I saw a tall girl with medium length dark blue colored hair and dark green eyes standing in front of me as she raised a giant halberd above her head. She had black feathered wings on her back and black chain armor along with a cloak similar to mine. Her halberd was larger than normal with a rainbow colored metal and black haft with a white grip.

She swung down her halberd with lightning speed without giving the angel time to react. He was instantly chopped in half from above.

When she turned to look at me I readied my scythe.

"Hahahaha!" And she started laughing at me. Why is she laughing? Did I do something funny.

"I'm-I'm sorry, it's just. Your stance is so bad. Haha! Man you need training." She lowered her halberd and walked up to me leisurely.

Once we were close enough, she raised her hand.

"Hi I'm Senns. I was sent by Lady Modra. Pleasure to meet you." She was sent by Modra. Figures, she had a cloak similar to mine.

I lowered my scythe and shook her hand.

"I'm Dessyr, but you can just call me Des. Don't worry about being formal or anything, I hate it." Can't be rude now can I.

Ah! That reminds me, the letter did say something about someone coming to watch over me. I guess this is her.

"You know you shouldn't trust me so easily. I could have attacked you when you lowered your scythe"

"Well I could have done the same don't you think? Also I was told you'd be coming. Well... that and your cloak told me you were related to my mother."

"I guess I was pretty dumb for lowering my weapon. Anyway, how did you know I was coming? If I remember right Lady Modra shouldn't have been able to tell you." What? Why wouldn't she be able to tell me?

"I knew from a letter that she apparently sent years ago. And also what do you mean by she couldn't tell me?"

"A letter from years ago huh. Yup sounds like something she would do. She WAS always watching you as you grew up and since you became a god especially. She was always watching from that imagery orb... You sure have grown." She started smiling and laughing quietly. Did she just lick her lips!? Somehow I feel very uncomfortable in more ways than one.

"Uhhh, yeah... But back to as why she can't tell me herself." Please, the suspense is killing me.

"Oh that the reason she can't tell you anything is because she was stripped of her godly powers after your little god killing stunt which, by the way! Great job! I could have done it better myself but great none the less. I've been wanting to kill that joker for a while now and I was so satisfied seeing your scythe impale him." She hugged her halberd at the image of seeing that god die. This girl is scary. And Modra isn't godly anymore? Maybe I shouldn't have killed that god...

"Welp, we should get moving. We need to head to the dragon kingdom to meet up with her. Pack your things we're leaving tomorrow."

"Wait! This is too fast! Give us until after tomorrow." I still need to get Fiora to stop ignoring me.

"Fiiineee. Then let's go to your inn already. The faster we get through these days the better."

Thank y-

Wait a second.

"What do you mean by going to my inn?" Please don't tell me it's what I think it is.

"I need a room and have no money. Oh. Don't worry I won't bother you and your girlfriend. Be at ease."

WHAT!?!?