Loki exhaled and he pressed the keys and played a song:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are grey...

You never know dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away...

"That's the only song I know..." Loki said "the first song Lauren sang to me"

Thor smiled, "it's beautiful brother..." he complimented, "I have always love your singing," he added as he ruffled Loki's hair, "and that song also explained what you are to me; Loki I don't care how you see yourself, but to me you are a sunshine. I don't know how will I take it if I lose you too..." he said brushing a strand of Loki's hair to his ears

"But Thor... I'm a criminal, how could a criminal like me be your brother? Other than that... I'm adopted" Loki said almost in a whisper, "I'm the reason to the loss of many lives, I'm the reason why you lost your mother..." he added, "I'm a monster..."

"Stop it, Loki!" Thor said, "Yes, you made mistakes! But you regretted it and changed, that's all that matters..." he continued then he smiled remembering something, "you are my brother and my friend, never doubt that I love you" he said. Loki looked at his brother, those are the same words he said to him before; before everything messed up, before he went evil, before he became a murderer.

"I-I don't know what to say..." is the only word that came out of Loki's mouth as he looked away, trying to gather himself so he won't break down in front of Thor. Thor smiled and pulled Loki to him, hugging him gently this time "no matter what happens, you will always be my brother..." he said stroking Loki's back gently, "nothing will tell me differently..." he added. Loki let out little hiccups as he finally let his tears fall, Thor kept stroking his back gently as he heard him sniffle and gasp for air, "I've got you brother..." Thor said gently, giving the back of Loki's head gentle pats, "I've got you..."

Loki blinks his eyes as he remembered yesterday's conversation.

Flashback to last night; C.S.I. headquarters, unit Charlie's common room –

"And you have cool ice powers!" Kobe said. Hayden rolled his eyes, "we literally have a member with ice powers in this team, you know" he said, Kobe just stuck his tongue out on him and they all laugh.

Loki's chuckle faded into a simple smile, "actually I didn't know that I have ice powers... until I found out that I'm... adopted," he said and sighed. They all stopped laughing and just looked at him, "after I found out that I am adopted and that I'm actually a frost giant... I realized why Odin favored Thor more than me, why he's the favorite ..." he said and his smile went glum, "and I don't even have the right to say something about it, I am nothing but a stolen relic..." he said his glum smile slowly dropping, "left to die by his own parents, adopted to be used as a tool for truce, never loved or even cared for and in the end my birthright was to die..." he chuckled "I basically have no place in this universe..." he finished.

All of them exchanged gazes, not sure what to say to make him feel better; they all felt dumb at this situation, until Ezekiel broke the silence, "I truly understand..." he started and Loki looked at him, "because I am adopted too; I am not blood related to Elena and her siblings, I was found in a trash can when I was a child, was not even wrapped with any clothing and my umbilical cord is still attached, obviously left for dead in that alley," he said shamelessly, Loki's feature softened, "when I found out that I was adopted, I thought the same thing too; that I have no place in this world and I belong nowhere... but Elena and her siblings proved me wrong. I may never be related to them by blood but they loved me as if I am their own, they cared for me and prove me that I'm not alone..." he added then he looked at Loki and smiled.

"Sometimes, finding where you belong don't always mean in a particular place or some planet..." Ezekiel continued, "it's around someone who truly and genuinely care about you, someone who will never look at you differently no matter what other's say and someone who will always got your back when you needed it most" he said and smiled, "I'm pretty sure there's someone, right? Erm... except Lia, maybe..." he added jokingly.

Loki paused and thought for a moment. Then it struck him. Yes, there is someone.

Someone aside from his mother who cares about him and never lost hope on him even if everything falls down. Someone he can always count on. That one person is enough and he is home.

"You come home..."

"We can, together..."

Thor.

Loki smiled, "yes... there is, aside from my mother... I still have someone who cares" he simply said. And it brought smile to everyone's faces knowing exactly who it was.

Flashback ends

Loki's tears kept falling after the recollection, his body relaxed and leaned in to Thor's embrace, arms slowly wrapping around Thor to hug him back, "Brother..." Loki muttered softly. 

Thor smiled, it's been so long since he last heard that word from him, so long since he called him that, Thor glowed and hugged Loki tighter but still gentle, "I've got you brother..." he softly said.

For the first time in a long time of not being himself. Loki felt home, at last.