.can't trick the trickster

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN HERE!?" Billy happily entered his room and hoped to just throw himself on his bed, and to relax from all the bags he had to carry with Gilbert

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN HERE!?" Billy happily entered his room and hoped to just throw himself on his bed, and to relax from all the bags he had to carry with Gilbert. That is, untill he saw that his room was a complete warzone.

"What is this ruckus about?" Mrs Andrews came in, and when she saw the mess, she let out a gasp before leaning on the door and clutching her heart. "Billy? What-what even happened in here! Explain yourself right now young man!"

"Mother I swear I do not know! I just went to help Gilb-" Billy started, before stopping and thinking. Why did Gilbert call him, those bags were just hay, he could stack them by himself. Oh, now he got it.

"Those damned orphans!" Billy said before rushing out of the room, past his mother and into Prissy's room, who was laying down on her bed,reading a book, with a cloth over her forehead.

"You helped them, didn't you?" he sneered. Prissy just glanced at him before giving him a confused look. "Whatever do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean!" he yelled, slamming his fist against the wall.

"Hey! Watch it mister, this ain't your room! You can't just destroy it." she smirked before returning to her book.

"Oh, you'll pay for this. All of you." he spat before running out of the room, slamming the door.

"And that's how Billy found out." Prissy smiled, giving Anne and Margaret a quick story and giving them both a heads up, because Billy could go crazy when he's mad.

"I really couldn't care less about Billy's rage outbursts." Anne said, whispering so Mr Phillips wouldn't hear her and make her stand in front of the board like he did numerous times.

"Yeah, Billy doesn't scare me at all. He's just a spoiled brat. By the way, thank you ,Prissy. For helping us, and not snitching on us." Margaret whispered, patting Prissy on the back. The girl gave her a kind smile, which she returned.

"Of course, I just wanted to do a good thing for once. You guys aren't as bad as people make you out to be." Prissy smiled, before turning her attention to the chalkboard.

Recess slowly came along, and all the kids were in the closet, playing spin the bottle. They were all sat on the floor, forming a circle, an empty bottle of rum in the middle.

Right now it was Billy's turn to spin the bottle. He went for it right after Charlie said :"You know how it goes, Billy. Whoever the bottle lands on you have to kiss the person."

Billy turned the bottle with as much force he could muster, and it was spinning for a dreadfully long time, before it landed on one person.

"Oh hell no!" Margaret gasped, the top of the bottle facing her knees.

"Nope. No. Not in a million years!" lifting her hands up in the air, she frowned.

"Come on, sweetheart. You know the rules." Billy said through clenched teeth, giving the angry girl an evil smirk.

"Look, if she doesn't want to kiss him, then she doesn't want to. Just spin the bottle again, Billy." Gilbert said, defending the already raging Margaret.

"Oh shut it, Blythe. We both know you don't want her to kiss me because you got the hots for her. Ain't that right, buddy?" Billy stood up, crossing his hands in front of his chest.

"Well, buddy-" Gilbert said, now standing up to face Billy. He was slightly taller than the Andrews boy, so it wasn't that hard to intimidate him "-in fact, I don't want her to kiss you because who knows what disease she would get. With all the smooching you do around here, there's hardly a wood plank you haven't kissed."

Gilbert's words caused some boys behind to gasp, and the girls to giggle. Margaret quickly scrambled to her feet before standing next to Gilbert.

"Alright, that's enough!" she said, giving Billy a death glare.

"Oh, what is it, miss Red? Came up here to defend your boyfriend?" Billy said, inching closer towards the girl before a hand stopped him. Gilbert. Billy looked between his hand and Margaret before continuing.

"Don't worry, buddy. I wouldn't ever touch that dirty orphan even if my life depended on it. Stray dogs should stay in the street." he spat, causing Margaret's eyes to tear up, but she refused to cry in front of him. Gilbert has had enough of Billy's bullshit, and he went to kick him right in that stupid face before a hand stopped him.

"That's great, because I wouldn't ever even look at you in fear of becoming blind, you stupid, cruel jackass." Margaret said before turning around to leave the closet. Anne stood up to go after her, but Diana grabbed her hand. "Let her."

"Very funny orphan, you'll still pay for what you did! This is just the beginning!" Billy yelled after her, but soon shut up when a fist collided with his jaw.

"If you touch her, talk to her, even think about her, I'll beat you to a pulp. That clear, buddy?" Gilbert said, holding the boy up by his collar. When Billy nodded, Gilbert threw him to the ground "Thought so." he said, before storming out after Margaret.

"Margaret!" he left the schoolhouse, desperately searching for the redhead. When he finally spotted her, she sat behind the schoolhouse, on the ground. Her knees hugged to her chest and her hair hiding her face. He sighed before walking up to sit next to her. As soon as she saw him, she wiped her tears away, putting on a fake smile. But he didn't buy that.

"Hey." he said, nudging her shoulder. " I know Billy's words hurt you. And I know you feel the need to stay strong. But, it's okay to show your feelings. Billy's words aren't true, you know he's stupid and the only things that come out of his mouth are offensive. You should know that you aren't any of these things, you have an amazing family, Marilla, Matthew, Anne. You have me." he said, causing Margaret to look at him and give him a smile. He smiled back, hugging her, before continuing.

"I don't want to see you sad. And if I have to kick Billy's ass for it to happen, then I will. Anything for you."

Margaret smiled, wiping her tears with her sleeves and nuzzling her head into Gilbert's neck, who wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"That Billy dick is going to get what he deserves. Just you wait." she said, causing Gilbert to laugh at her choice of words.

"You can't trick a trickster, can you?" she continued, before standing up, offering Gilbert a hand which he gladly took.

"Alright, you can't just sit and not seek for trouble?" Gilbert smirked, throwing an arm around her waist.

"I do not ever seek for trouble, for trouble always finds it's path to me." Margaret smiled before kissing Gilbert's cheek.

"As you say, m'lady."