.just a crush?

THE RAIN poured down the windows of the Blythe house

THE RAIN poured down the windows of the Blythe house. Nothing else could be heard except the tiny drops of water hitting the glass. Gilbert was sprawled across his bed, occupied by a book he was reading. Mr Blythe was in his room,sleeping ,or as he liked to call it 'just resting his mind'.

Lily was sitting near the window,admiring the view. She thought about how Avonlea is a beautiful place. How she would love for her mother to be better and come home. Sighing, she stood up, joining Gilbert on the bed.

"What are you reading?" leaning over to look at the writing on the covers, a smile found it's way on to her face.

"Pride and prejudice? I didn't take you for the romantic type." she said,causing Gilbert to chuckle.

"Well, can't judge a book by it's cover,can you?" he answered, never shifting his gaze away from the book.

"That is true." her eyes found themselves looking out the window again. A certain person occupied her mind,when she saw a red leaf fall from the tree outside the house.

"Um, hey. Gilbert?" taking a pillow from his bed and laying her head on it, covering herself with the blankets, she poked his side until he answered.

"What is it?" he said without looking at anything else but the book in his hands.

"C-can we visit Anne tomorrow?" blushing,she played with the hems of the white blanket that covered her entire body, providing her with warmth and comfort.

"Sure. We go to school together anyways." putting a piece of paper in the book so he doesn't forget where he stopped, Gilbert closes it and puts it on the nightstand next to his bed.

"You do go to school,don't you?" laying his head on another pillow, he faced the blue eyed girl.

"My stepfather thought it was stupid for women to get educated. He didn't let me go to school." sadly shifting her gaze so she was looking at the ceiling, she sighed.

"Well,now's your chance. I'll ask Marilla for some spare clothes if you want." taking another blanket, Gilbert covered himself, yawning.

"Do you think Anne will be happy if I went to school?" blushing at the mention of the redhead, Lily closed her eyes and smiled.

"I'm sure she will..." noticing the change in Lily's voice when mentioned Anne got Gilbert curious, so he continued "Hey,you sure do mention Anne a lot. What's up?"

There was no way her face could get any more red than it is. Sitting up so she's facing the wall, the girl fake coughed before spitting out "I really like Anne."

Being very confused, Gilbert also sat up, facing the wall ,not daring to look into his friend's eyes. "As a friend or..."

"I don't know. As...a girl? I'm very confused. This feeling is strange." she clutched her stomach, smiling "It's like..when I saw her running down the stairs my stomach whooshed. Like WHOOSH!!" she jumped up, motioning with her hands as if the wind was blowing.

"And her hair! Is beautiful! And her smile makes me want to hug her and..." turning around to face Gilbert, she stopped in her tracks. His face was a mix of confusion and understanding.

"I sound stupid, don't I?" frowning, she returned to the bed,covering her entire self with the blanket,including her head.

"You don't sound stupid. You sound in love." chuckling, he laid down next to her,looking at the ceiling again.

"You know..I think I'm in love too." he finally said the words ,a thought of a certain blonde beauty passed trough his head, and he smiled.

"Tell me about her. Or him?" the sound of Lily's voice was muffled due to the blanket covering her whole head.

"She's very smart. And brave. She isn't scared to express her thoughts. She's funny and considerate. Sometimes she can be a bit rude, but she's a great person and friend. Her hair is beautiful even when it's messy, and her eyes have that sparkle in them and they make my heart go-" laughing,he got up from the bed and started doing the exact same thing as Lily before "-WHOOSH!"

Smiling, the girl joined him and they both jumped on the bed until they became tired.

"Thank you for everything again." Lily was warmed up in a dozen blankets, her eyes slowly closing.

"No problem,Lil. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Gilbert."

.
.
.

"Did you see that girl, Jerry? She was the definition of beautiful!" sighing, Anne looked out the barn doors, the rain still hasn't stopped.

"The one that came with Gilbert? Yeah, she was pretty cute." shrugging, Jerry returned to stacking the hay to feed the cows.

"And she was so kind. And her hair smelt like vanilla and cinnamon." Anne's thoughts were interrupted when a certain blonde walked into the barn.

"Hello." Margaret was carrying three apples in her hands. As she gave them to her friends,she sat down next to Anne.

"Hey,Margaret. What do you think about Lily?" Anne curiously asked her best friend.

"Who?" Margaret pretended not to know who the girl is, even though she exactly knew. And she hated her guts.

"The girl who came with Gilbert today. Isn't she stunning?" Anne felt her stomach turn when she talked about the girl, and Margaret just scoffed.

"She is something alright."

"What's wrong? Something tells me you don't really like her." Anne sadly shifted her gaze from the outside view to her friend.

"I don't know. I guess I just don't like that she was so close with Gilbert."

"I knew you like him!" jumping excitedly, Anne continued "You hear that, Jerry! You owe me a sandwich!"

Laughing, Jerry groaned."Fine!"

"I do not like Gilbert Blythe! And besides, have you forgotten about Ruby?" Margaret sadly exclaimed.

"Oh, nonsense. If Gilbert likes you-which he does-then Ruby should not be mad! She should be happy for you two!" crossing her arms, Anne gently kicked Margaret's leg.

Smiling, Margaret pulled her into a tight embrace.

"I love you,Anne." petting her hair,she kissed her forehead.

"I have very lovable feelings for you too, Margaret."

"And Lily!" Jerry added from the other side of the barn.

"Oh shut it,Jerry. He can like who he wants to." Margaret said, referring to Gilbert.

"Not Gilbert, you ditz! Anne!" the boy continued, nearing to sit down next to them.

"Anne? Is that true?" with a slight grin, the blonde looked at the shy redhead.

"Oh, I bet it's just a silly crush. Right?"
Anne said, shrugging it off.

"Mhmm..." Margaret teased, her grin turning into a full smirk,while Jerry wolf whistled.

"Oh stop it,you!" Anne shoved them both.

"We should probably get to bed before Matthew figures we aren't in our room." Anne continued before exiting the barn,leaving Jerry and Margaret to laugh at her 'crush'.