Twenty-Five

I could not stop looking at the ring Dinah gave me. I couldn't believe she just proposed. I can't believe I'm marrying Dinah. I can't believe I'm getting married. Oh my gosh, I'm really going to spend the rest of my life with her, I thought. How do I really know she's the one? Of course she is the one, I thought to myself. "Now don't go crazy thinking about it", Mom said. We were sitting outside on the porch in the backyard which overlooked the beach. "Mom, I don't know what to think", I said. "Just focus on the present, you're engaged", Mom smiled. I exhaled sharply. My chest felt as if it was being tightened. "Y/N calm down, it's alright, everything's fine", Mom said concerned. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths and let my mind go blank. "I'm fine Mom, I am", I said. "Listen sweetie, if you're not ready for marriage, that is perfectly fine, I'm sure Dinah would understand", Mom said. "No, no why wouldn't I want to marry her, she's the love of my life", I rambled. "But it's okay if you're not ready for that now", Mom touched my hand. "What do you think of me marrying Dinah?", I asked. "Well...", Mom paused for a moment and then looked me in the eye. "When you two were first dating, I thought it was just a phase, you had always been boy crazy, I never knew you would fall in love with her, but you did, and I could see it in your face, the youthfulness, the happiness, something I hadn't seen in a while or wasn't around to see, you were quintessential", Mom said. "And seeing you so happy was all I ever cared about, and the love you gave each other was so genuine, and clear to understand and adore, never once was I ashamed, because I knew I raised you to be independent, strong, smart, confident, and your best self", Mom said. "You grew up to be exactly that and more, Dinah makes you happy Y/N, and eventually one way or another you two were going to end up together for the rest of your lives, your love is true love, honey, and it only comes once in a lifetime", Mom said. "When I met your father, I knew he was the one, I had never loved anyone so profoundly as I had loved your father, and people were surprised to see me with a man that had such fair complexion, especially my family-   ".   "I know how those Jamaicans can be", I said. Mom shook her head and smiled. "Be quiet", she said. "Anyway, I didn't care what anyone thought, because I loved him and I knew that in life following your heart will always be the right thing to do, always, my point is, follow your heart Y/N, you always strive for perfection and satisfaction, but for once enjoy the simple things, be you, and love it, because baby we only have one life, so live it the way you want and trust me, it will all work out in the end", Mom said. "You're going to be a great wife, mother, and engineer, just a great person in general", she said. "Thank you Mom, I love you so much", I said. "Mi wi always luv yuh mi babygirl", Mom said. "Betta believe dat", Mom said. "Mi kno Mada", I said. I gave her a hug and got up to go to the airport. "Well Mom, we better go now", I smiled. "Yeah", she said.

"Hey", Dinah said. "Hi", I kissed her cheek. "Soo how are you feeling?", Dinah asked. "I'm fine", I smiled. "Oh okay", Dinah said nervously. "I want to marry you Dinah", I said assuringly. Dinah smiled. "I love you Y/N", Dinah said. "I love you too", I said. "So I don't know if we have really discussed the future before", I said. "Yeah", Dinah said. "I think I just always knew I was going to marry you", Dinah said. "Yeah, you're the one", I said. "So I was thinking, after I my first season and the pre season, we can start planning the wedding", Dinah said. "Wow so a year then?", I asked. "Yeah maybe a year and a half, I want it to be a night we never forget", Dinah said. "Me too", I said. "After graduation, I'm going to Haiti, as I've told you, and they're actually paying me and the rest of the team for our help in engineering, so that'll be my first paid job and token of experience", I said. "I want to pay for it", Dinah said. "For the whole wedding?", I gasped. "Yeah, anything for my wife", Dinah said. "No, you're not paying for the whole damn wedding Dinah", I said. "Yes I am", Dinah cupped my cheek. "No you are not", I said. "Yeah I am, I already have it all planned out", Dinah said. "What's your plan?", I asked. "We go to Polynesia, get married there on a beach, and then we honeymoon in Kingston, Jamaica", Dinah said. "And all our friends can be there, and your family, and my family, and - ". I kissed her then smiled and pulled away. "I love that plan", I said. Dinah smiled widely. "Okay lovebirds, we're boarding the plane now", Normani said. "Okay", I said. I got up and rolled my suitcase to the gate. Dinah followed behind me.

~Dinah

An hour has passed on our eight hour flight and boredom has increased by tenfold. Y/N and I are sitting next to each other playing 8ball on IMessage games. "I'm booorrreeddd", I said. "We are playing an intense game of 8ball, how are you bored?", Y/N said. "It's just getting me frustrated", I said. "Okay", Y/N sighed. "So what do you want to do?", Y/N asked. "I think it's time we join the mile high club", I said. "The what?", Y/N asked. "The mile high club", I said. "What's the mile high club?", Y/N asked. I gave her a look then waited. Her eyes widened. "Oh my gosh, what the hell Dinah, no, just no, and why do they call it the mile high club?? What is that suppose to mean?", Y/N said. "You're no fun", I pouted. "You are actually insane", Y/N said. "Where would we even do...that?", Y/N said. "Aahhh, I knew you wanted to do it, in the bathroom", I said. "I have no problem giving this ring back to you", Y/N said. "Don't say that", I said. "You know I wouldn't", Y/N said. "I know", I smiled. "Soo??", I said. "We're not doing that Dinah, we're classy people", Y/N said.

"I can't believe you talked me into this", Y/N shook her head. I snickered. We were waiting for the bathroom to become vacant. "If that person doesn't get out in 30 seconds I'm going back to my seat", Y/N said. "Y/N - " I stopped for a second. I heard a noise coming from the bathroom. "Y/N, do you hear that?", I said. "Oh sh*t", Y/N said. "We're not the only crazy ones", I laughed. "That's not funny, I'm going back", Y/N said. Just then the door opened and we saw Zay come out. Y/N covered her mouth with her hand. Zendaya got startled and laughed nervously. "H-Hey guys", Zendaya said. "Mmmm, who would've known", I said. "Known what?", Zendaya avoids my eyes. "Zac you can come out", I said. "Zac, what makes you think Zac is in there, that's weird", Zendaya rambled. "Zay we heard you, you don't need to pretend", Y/N said. "Alright honey, come out", Zendaya said. Zac came out and coughed and averted his eyes from ours. "Guys, don't look so awkward, I'm taking Y/N to the mile high club", I said. "Why God?", Y/N said looking up. Zendaya laughed. "Y/N wow, have fun pal", Zendaya laughed then walked away. Y/N stared glared at me. "What the hell Dinah?", Y/N growled. I unlocked the bathroom door and pushed her in there. "Sorry babe", I said. "Dinah, we can't", Y/N said. "Fine", I said. "Really?", Y/N asked. "Yeah I can't force you", I said. "Okay", Y/N said. She left the bathroom. I stayed in and sighed, I put my hand on the door but then it suddenly opened. Y/N came back in, locked the door, and kissed me. "What happened?", I asked. "Shut up and kiss me", Y/N said against my lips. I smiled and kissed her back. I flipped us around and put her on the sink. I kissed her neck and left red marks. Y/N moaned. I slid my hand down her waist and then down her skirt. I slowly took her panties off then put my head in between her thighs. "Oh Dinah", Y/N moaned. I kissed around her folds then dove in. I flicked my tongue around her clit and Y/N moaned. I started moving my tongue faster and in an up and down motion then circular. "Dinah", Y/N screamed then arched her back. "I'm gonna -  " she didn't even have to say it before I felt the warm sticky fluid on my tongue. I cleaned her out and began kissing her thighs as I took my head out from under her skirt. I put my arms on each side of her and kissed her lips. "I hope you enjoyed the mile high club baby", I said. "You are a bad girl Dinah Jane", Y/N said. I laughed and ran my hand down her back then wrapped my arms around her waist as I kissed her. "Mmmm", Y/N moaned. "We better go before we get caught", I said against her lips. "Yeah", Y/N sighed. I moved her hair from her face and left three kisses on her neck. "Alright, I'm gonna go first", I said. I unlocked the door and felt a wave of relief when I saw no one behind the door. I went back to my seat and acted as if nothing happened. Y/N returned about four minutes later. "I can't believe we just did that", Y/N said. "I can't believe we've never done that", I said. "I've lost all my innocence", Y/N said. "Funny, I thought I took that away when I ate the box the first time", I said. "Oh my gosh, I can't with you", Y/N laughed. "I love you", I said. "I love you too", Y/N smiled. "But this was the first and the last time we'll ever do that", Y/N said. "That's not the impression I got when you were screaming my name", I said. "I feel sorry for our kids", Y/N said. I looked into her eyes. "Kids", I said. "Do you not want kids?", Y/N asked seriously. "No, I do, it's just, I can't believe we're really going to be a family", I said. "You're going to be a great parent", Y/N said. "And so will you", I smiled. At that moment I realized that I will never be bored again because with Y/N she'll always leave me in awe for the rest of my life, forever and always.

Bad as the Micheal Jackson song 😏