§Two§

"Alright, y'all ready to hit the road?" Zendaya asked. "Totally" Ally said. "Okay roll call" Lauren said. "Seriously?" Kehlani asked. "Yes, remember last time when we left Camila behind" Everyone turned to look at her. "No one said anything!!" Camila retorted. "Anyway, Kehlani, Zay, Ally, Normani, and Camila I already know you're here" Lauren said. "Dinah and Y/N?" Lauren asked.
Dinah walked into the parking lot with Y/N following her. "What the f- " Normani was saying. "Shh they're coming" Camila said. The girls watched Dinah and Y/N walk up to them as if they just commited a crime. "Why are you looking at us like that?" Dinah questioned. "You two can stand each other?" Camila asked. Zendaya elbowed her and Camila groaned. "Ow, we were all thinking it" Camila mumbled. "To be honest, it was just a coincidence" Dinah said. She looked over to Y/N to back her up. "Uh yeah" Y/N said. "Okie" Zendaya said. "Let's just get in the car" Normani said. "Awkward" Ally mumbled. Camila nodded along with her statement. Lauren looked over at Y/N with concern. She seemed appauled or guilty. "A coincidence, I think not" Lauren mumbled. Y/N went in after Dinah and they sat in the back with poor Ally in between them.
____________________________________
YOUR POV

"Uh you two sure, you don't want to come?" Ally asked. "Uh I'll be right there" I said. "I'm not hungry" Dinah said. "Okay" Ally gave them a small smile and left. I sighed and looked over to Dinah. "Don't even mention what you saw" Dinah said. "Dinah" I sighed. "Why? Why are you doing that stuff?" I asked. "I don't get into your personal life, don't get into mine" Dinah said. "What about basketball? If anyone finds out you can kiss your dreams goodbye" I said. "Shut the hell up Y/N, you made it quite clear you don't care anymore" Dinah said. "Stop with your bs Dinah!! Of course I care about you" I said. She looked over to me. "Forget it" Dinah said. "That you are popping pills like Adderall, no I will not" I said. "As far as I know you don't have ADHD, and taking those pills is like taking speed, are you crazy?" I said. "Shut up Y/N, I can take care of myself okay" Dinah said. "Why?" I asked again. "If I tell you will you shut up?" Dinah asked. "Maybe" I said. "After we broke up my game was off, I couldn't play like I use to, I couldn't focus at all, and I couldn't sleep, so a year after we broke up I started taking them" Dinah said. "Please don't take them anymore" I said. "It's not that easy" Dinah frowned. "Damn Dinah, how long have you been taking them?" I asked. "Once every other week" Dinah said. "Well that's better than taking them everyday" I said. "Please try to stop, I don't want you to ruin your career" I said. Dinah let out a shaky breath. The car was now silent. "Don't do that Y/N" Dinah mumbled. "Do what?" I said. "Act like you care" Dinah said. "But I do Dinah" I replied. "Is that why you bang every person you see, cause that's the girl you are and always will be" Dinah said. "What the hell" I yelled. "You're such a prick, I'm being nice here, and you don't say that, I thought you were sorry" I said. I moved away to get out of the car and join the rest of the girls. I walked up to the diner and quickly faked a smile.
____________________________________

"Okay, what's going down between you and Di?" Zendaya asked. "Yeah how did you go from hating each other to being alone together?" Kehlani asked. "It's nothing, believe me it's going to take a while to mend my wounds" I said. Lauren frowned. "Maybe you two should just try to be friends" Lauren said. "We're not even acquaintances, I wish I never met her" I said. "Ugh what happened now?" Camila whined. "Nothing" I grumbled. "What do you want to order?" Ally asked. "I just want water" I said. Normani rolled her eyes. "I'm going to order you a waffle and you better eat it! I mean it" Normani said. "Normani- " "Y/N, don't fight with me about this" Normani said. I sighed. "Thank you" Normani said. Dinah walked in to the diner and walked up to us. "Dinah, you're right on time" Camila grinned. Camila moved over and allowed Dinah to sit next to her, right across from me. Dinah smiled at Camila and then looked at me. I met her gaze head on but she didn't look angry. She looked sad and conflicted. The waitress came over and asked for our orders. Normani immediately told the waitress I wanted a waffle and coffee with extra sugar and milk. She knows me so well. I smiled to myself. Dinah kept taking glances at me as she spoke to everyone else. "Do you want something?" I asked. "What?" Dinah said. "Do you need something?" I asked. "Uh no..is there something you want?" Dinah asked. "Hey, hey, y'all better shut up before we all get kicked out" Kehlani said. "Uh we're not doing anything" I said. "You were about to" Kehlani said. "Whatever" Dinah leaned back in her seat. "Okay we're gonna stay overnight in Arizona and Texas before getting to New Orleans" Lauren said. "And from New Orleans, we head to FLORIDA!!" Camila squealed. "And from Florida, we head to New York!" Lauren said. "And after that we drive back to California" Ally said. "That's going to take so long!" Camila exclaimed. "Yeah 41 hours seems long" Zendaya said. "Well yeah when you say it like that" Kehlani said. "41 hours would be 1 day and 17 hours" Lauren said. The waitress came back with all of our food. I conpletely zoned out from the conversation until the waitress came. "Cheer up kid" She leaned over to me and walked away. My eyes grew wide as a memory of her popped in my mind. "I'll be right back" I said. I got up before anyone could say anything and basically ran to the bathroom. "No, no, no" I mumbled to myself. "Breathe Y/N" I said. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek then another. I ran into one of the stalls and locked it. I started to count to fifteen in my head and closed my eyes. Dinah and I's breakup really hurt me. It caused this..panic attacks. I never knew how harsh the scars would be when love is broken. I didn't just lose a piece of my heart, but also a piece of me. I use to think that Dinah and I were meant to be and that it was my fault we fell apart. It's not though. I remember I returned back to London feeling lost but the break up didn't hit me yet. Not until my Literature class when my professor spoke about the famous play Romeo & Juliet. "There's never been a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo" I whispered to myself. I voiced a laugh. I truly can relate to that qoute, I've never felt a greater pain than the bitterness and misfortunes of love. I hadn't realized that my breathing evened out. I felt drousy though. I unlocked the door and looked up from the ground. "Took you long enough" Dinah grinned. I turned away. She was the last person I wanted to see. "Look, you- " "Y/N are you okay nugget??" Lauren rushed in. "We were starting to worry about you" I looked at her face. "Come on, you seem like you need some rest" Lauren said rubbing my arms. "I'm not a baby Lauren" I rolled my eyes. "We took your waffle to go by the way" Lauren said avoiding my comment. Dinah stood awkwardly in the corner staring at Lauren and I. I met her gaze in the mirror and turned away again.
____________________________________
DINAH POV
I stared at Y/N. She looked like a complete wreck. Her eyes were puffy, and she looks like she has a hangover. I don't get it? Did that waitress say something to her? That one thought made my blood boil, I don't want anyone hurting Y/N. She met my gaze in the mirror and I couldn't look away. Her eyes quickly averted from mine and my heart fell. "Come on, let's go" Lauren said. All the girls were outside of the bathroom. "Y/N, what's wrong?" Normani asked. "Just leave it alone Mani, give Y/N some space girls" Lauren said. I began to walk to the car with the rest of the girls. Y/N sat in the back with Ally in between us again. "Alright next stop is Arizona" Lauren said. "What are we going to do in Arizona?" Kehlani asked. "I don't know, but I'm thinking I can get some great pictures and inspiration for my college courses" Lauren said. "We're only staying there for the night anyway and then we keep going" Zendaya said. "And we stop in Texas!!" Normani and Ally squealed. "I don't know why you two like Texas so much" Camila said. "It just feels like home you know" Ally said. "Yeah I like it there" Normani said. "And we're staying at my uncle's house right?" Ally asked. "Yup and we get to do all the horseback riding and corndog eating you want" Kehlani said. "Girl, don't make fum of Texas, I can't wait to do all those things" Normani said. I stayed out of the conversation. I wasn't really in the mood to talk and neither was Y/N who fell asleep. Oh, how I wish I can turn back time. If only, I wasn't such a fool. We wouldn't be broken.
"Dinah, stop! I need to finish this research paper" Y/N giggled. "Really? Do you have to finish it right now?" I whispered near her ear. "I- yes, I do, now go away" Y/N whined. "Fine, you're no fun" I groaned. She looked at me and quirked her brow. "Dinah?" She asked. "Yeah, what?" I responded. "Your eyes are so red and why do you smell like that?" Y/N said. "Relax, there was a party- " "Of course there was, with Heather right?" Y/N spat. "Babe chill" I laughed. "No, you know I don't like it when you drink and I hate that Heather girl, she should be kicked off the team" Y/N scolded. "This isn't funny Dinah, you can ruin your career before it takes off" Y/N said. "Hey! At least Heather knows how to let loose" I slurred my words a bit. "Oh yeah, well why don't you go hang with her then" Y/N scoffed. "Y/N/N, don't be mad" I pouted. I peeled her away from her laptop and onto my lap. "You're amazing, and I love you okay?" I said. "No, not okay" Y/N said. "Can you please stop talking to Heather, I really want you to achieve your dreams Dinah, you're so close, and I'm so proud of you, you can't take it for granted" Y/N said. "I know, but you can't tell me who to be friends with, I'm 19 Y/N, not 9" I said. Y/N sighed and began to move away but I held my grip on her. "Don't be mad, please" I said. "Let me go Dinah" Y/N said. "Y/N/N" I said. "You're so hardheaded, I can't with you sometimes, and I need to finish my paper so please let me go" Y/N said. She huffed. "Hey, you need to relax, you're burning up" I placed my hand on her forehead. "I'm fine" Y/N said softly. The room became quiet and Y/N leaned into my embrace. I ran my fingers through her hair. "When are you leaving?" She sighed. "In two days" I said. "This long distance thing is hard Dinah" Y/N said. "I know it's taking a toll on both of us" Y/N said. "Yeah, but we've gotten this far" I said. "We're 19, turning 20 in a couple months" I said. "After we've finished this year, we have two more years" I said. "I know, can we just talk about this later?" Y/N asked. "Yeah" I frowned. I laid down on her bed and Y/N went back to her laptop.
....