Ch 4: We'll Just Deny It.

Start from the beginning

The older girl half whispered, half squeaked a rushed goodbye over her shoulder at a wide eyed Jennie Kim. Fumbling briefly with her keys before jamming them into the lock, swinging the gate open, and running up the stairs.

Upon reaching her apartment Jisoo flung the door open, flushed cheeks worsening when she caught a glimpse of Lisa and Rosé, and stormed over to her room. Slamming her bedroom door shut and leaning heavily against it. Breathing erratic and skin flushed.

A loud moan met her rushing ears and Jisoo sighed heavily. She didn't know what was worse. Having made a complete fool of herself with Jennie or having to spend the rest of the night listening to her roommate have obnoxiously loud sex with her assistant.

•••

Lalisa Manoban liked to think she was an amazingly awesome friend. Jisoo and Jennie, especially Jennie, should be thanking her as far as she was concerned.

They were so obviously attracted to one another. Plus, she snuck up behind Jisoo the other day while Jisoo was writing one of her magazine articles. Her roommate was in such a daze that she didn't notice Lisa behind her, hazel brown eyes staring smugly at the computer screen to find Jisoo stalking Jennie's Instagram page.

Of course when Jisoo finally realized that Lisa was behind her she slammed the laptop shut and scrambled to the confines of her bedroom. Sputtering some excuse about her stalking being work related.

Jennie wasn't any less obvious. The feisty brunette was constantly daydreaming, a bare hint of a smile playing at her lips. And don't even get Lisa started on how her hopeless friends acted when in the same room. It was all avoidance and shy glances and blushing half smiles for the past week.

Lisa supposed she should feel at least a little guilty for the massive amount of awkwardness she was currently bearing witness to.

She should also be a bit more cautious of the glare Jennie was sending her way.

The wide eyed, kicked puppy expression across Jisoo's face should probably make her feel bad but... she was Lalisa fucking Manoban and it was all in their best interest.

What did it really matter if she blatantly lied to both of them just to get them in the same room?

"Sorry, Jichu."

Lisa so wasn't.

"We'll have to reschedule movie night. I completely forgot I promised Jennie I would... Actually," She slipped her cell phone from her purse and pretended to look through her calendar. "Oh my, it totally slipped my mind." Lisa fought the sly grin tugging at her lips. "I made plans with Rosé tonight."

Jisoo shuffled from foot to foot. Her sapphire eyes shifted to Jennie and she instantly flushed when she noticed the brunette's dark gaze roving hungrily over her figure.

Jisoo silently wished she had worn more than a thin tank top and her ridiculously short high school cheerleading shorts.

"It's okay, Lisa. I can-"

"I'm sure Jennie wouldn't mind having a girls night with you, Jichu." She smiled sweetly at the brunette who was glaring at her like she was seconds away from choking Lisa to death. "Right, Jen?"

Jennie wanted nothing more than to wipe that smug look off of Lisa's face. This was her friend's plan all along? Get her in the same room with Jisoo and suggest something Jennie didn't have an excuse to get out of. "Sure."

"Well," Lisa headed for the door. A clear spring in her step. "You two have fun!"

Jisoo, the deafening silence between them grating on her nerves, was the first to speak. She crossed her arms self consciously over her chest. "...Hi."