The dinner party

Ada's POV:

I was once again sat in the grill, a nice glass of bourbon in my hand. My face was set in a frown, not happy with the idea of being Klaus bait.

I was thinking of reaching out to Elijah again, but I wasn't entirely sure how. I decided I couldn't kidnap dopplebitch again, it's not worth the stress my brothers give me over it.

I downed my drink in one, deciding to go back to the boarding house. It had been a long day, Original reunions are draining. Dread fills me as I think of the day of reuniting with Klaus. It was going to happen whether I liked it or not, thanks to my brothers.

Walking into the boarding house, any hopes of me getting sleep anytime soon were shattered. There, in front of the fire, stood Elijah, Damon and Alaric. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Ah Ada!" Damon chirped. I was immediately suspicious, I knew my brother all too well. He was up to something.

"May I ask why there is so many people in my house?" I didn't even try and hide my annoyance. "Was this your doing, brother dearest?" I titled my head, staring Damon down. He shifted uncomfortably, and I couldn't hide the ego boost it gave me.

"Your brother invited me to a dinner party Ada," I felt like this was going somewhere, especially with the sideways glance he was throwing Damon. "I was just warning him that if there were any other intentions to this dinner, there will be consequences."

Damon gulped, obviously feeling intimidated by the both of us.

"No violence," he promised with a smile so fake he could win an Oscar for.

I officially concluded my big brother was an idiot. He wasn't being very subtle about it, and Alaric seemed as if he didn't know where to put himself.

Just then, a strawberry blonde I'd never met before enters, followed by an older looking over bubbly brunette. Another man follows, and the tension in the air spiked. This was getting interesting.

"Ah more people!" Fake enthusiasm dripped off of my voice, I wasn't exactly comfortable with all of these strangers in my home.

"I'm Jenna, Elena's aunt," the strawberry blonde smiled at me. Everything about her screamed innocence, and I wondered if she had any idea she was stood in a room full of deadly vampires, and one even deadlier 1000 year old Original vampire.

"I'm Andie Starr, Damon's girlfriend," I raised my eyebrows at Damon, whose face has now turned into his signature smirk. Here was me thinking the doppelgänger was going to come between them. Although I couldn't help my suspicions that she wasn't a girlfriend, but a blood bag. The scarf around her neck was a clue, and the empty look in her eyes was hard to miss.

"Ada Salvatore. Pleasure," I sent them a small wave. I turned to the man.

"And you are?"

"Jonathon Gilbert, Elena's biological father. She hates him, moving on." Whoa, so the tension was between Jenna and Elena's sperm donor, interesting.

"Desserts taking longer than I thought, I normally just take it out of the box," Jenna laughed nervously. "I'm gonna go make sure the kitchens not on fire though," I decided I liked Jenna.

"Gentleman, why don't we we sit in the dining room? I'd like to ask Elijah more about the history of Mystic Falls," Andie urges. I didn't miss the look between her and Damon, only a split second. I narrowed my eyes at them.

Nonetheless, we found ourselves seated around the dining room. I'd managed to swipe Damon's drink without him knowing, I needed alcohol to get through this.

"Ric, would you do me a favour and grab the notebook out of my bag?" Andie asked eagerly.

"Elijah, may I just remind you that although John is Elena's biological father," Damon stated. I gave him a pointed look, wondering where he was going with this.

"Yes I'm well aware," Elijah simply replied, not looking up from placing a napkin on his lap. Always classy.

"Of course she hates him, so there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list," Damon's tone was almost mocking. John didn't say a word, but threw Damon a harsh glare. I threw one back at him as a warning, not liking the vibe from him. Everyone hated him for a reason, I just didn't know it.

"Oh Ric it's in the front pocket on the- Oh you know what? Excuse me guys sorry," Andie gushed, excusing herself from the table. I glanced out the corner of my eye, just in time to see Alaric with something in his hand. What were they playing at? I sip my bourbon, observing subtly.

"What I'd like to know Elijah," John started speaking. "Is how you intend to kill Klaus," he stared at Elijah.

I sputtered my drink back into the glass at this new information. Kill Klaus? Elijah glanced over at me, unsure how to take my reaction. I just stared at him wide eyed.

I didn't trust this one bit, Elijah would never go against his family. He is a man of honour, loyal.

"Gentleman there is a few things we should probably be clear on right now," Elijah's voice was low and dangerous.

"I allow you to live solely to keep an eye on Elena. I allow Elena to remain in her house, living her life with her friends as she does as a courtesy. If you become a liability I'll take her away from you and you'll never see her again," he warned, not taking his eyes off Damon. I glared at him, angry for disrespecting my brothers the way he did.

Andie had now taken her seat, notebook and pen in hand.

"Okay, my first question is when you got here to Mystic-" Andie was cut off my a tearing sound, followed by a cry of pain from Elijah. I jumped from my seat, knocking my drink in the process. Alaric stood behind Elijah, pushing the dagger further into his back.

"What the hell do you think you're playing at?!" I shouted to Alaric. "Did you miss the part where Elijah threatened there will be consequences?!" I ranted further, knowing the repercussions could be deadly.

Alaric ignored my anger, ripping the dagger from Elijah. Ah, big mistake. I decided not to comment, knowing it would be a bigger mistake leaving him daggered.

"Now, get rid of him before Jenna comes back with dessert," Alaric pointed to Damon. Damon turned his stare to me.

"Oh no, you're on your own. You just made a big mistake and I will have no part in it," I dismissed them with a wave, deciding to finally head upstairs.

As I lay in bed, I couldn't help but think about Elijah wanting to kill Klaus. Surely not?

I didn't know how to feel about the thought of Klaus dying. He broke my heart, but I couldn't help the constant ache in my chest since I left him.

I finally felt myself drifting off to sleep, trying to push a certain Original from my head.

—————————————

So there's chapter 4!

I am contemplating altering the storyline a little bit, and this would mean Jenna wouldn't die in the sacrifice. I find myself reason TVD fics sometimes and often find myself not wanting Jenna to die, there's so much potential for her character.

Anyway! I'm hoping to get chapter 5 up tomorrow night, but bear with me if I don't, it will be up soon!