Happy reunions.. and a whole lot of questions

Ada's POV:

I smiled at them both genuinely, not realising how much I'd actually missed them. Without saying anything else, I grabbed Stefan, pulling him to me as close as I could. I'd put on a front for so long, but I'm so glad I was back with my brothers.

Stefan was still in shock, because when I pulled back his face was exactly the same, wide eyes and dropped jaw. I looked over to Damon and held my arms out. Without thinking he bounded over to the door, swooping me off my feet in a huge hug.

"We thought you were dead," he whispered guiltily in my ear. That's when I remembered they hadn't even bothered to confirm my death. Pulling back, I stared at both of my brothers with a slight glare.

"Figured. Did none of you question why you never saw my body? Or not even question why there wasn't a proper funeral?" I folded my arms across my chest, glaring at them both still. They seemed pretty intimidated, considering when I was a human I was a weak little girl who wouldn't even dare look at anybody the wrong way.

"Katherine.. She compelled us when you 'died'," Damon explains using air quotes around the word 'died'.

"And after? Compulsion wears off in transition you know," I point my finger at them, even more angry now I knew Katherine compelled them.

"And what exactly did she compel you to think?" I question more out of curiosity.

"She said for us to forget you existed," Stefan spoke for the first time. My head snapped to him, almost emotional at hearing his voice for so long. That's until I remembered the conversation we were currently having about my brothers forgetting my existence, however to no fault of your own.

"Again, after?" I was getting impatient.

"We thought you were dead," Damon looked to the floor, almost ashamed. "Father never even mentioned you, not after. Katherine couldn't have compelled him, considering he drank vervain like I get down bourbon," Damon rolled his eyes, but his voice had an edge to it. Anger.

"Bastard hated me anyway," I muttered, mentally cringing when I think back to the monster who tortured me and Damon for years. Never Stefan, Stefan was his golden boy.

"Whatever happened to our lovely father?" Ah, sarcasm was also one of my strong points.

"Broody over here killed him. Fed on him to complete his transition," Damon jerked his thumb over towards Stefan amused, while Stefan looked at me with guilt and fear. I honestly didn't care, I was glad that he killed him after everything he did to us.

"Good," I replied curtly with a slight nod. Obviously surprising my brothers, as both heads snapped up in confusion.

"Moving on. I met the Petrova doppelgänger today. Her presence anything to do with you two both being in town?" I narrowed my eyes at them, already knowing the answer. They were both unconditionally in love with Katherine, but she tore them apart. Really hoping history doesn't repeat itself.

Raising my finger, I stopped them both from answering. "Of course it does," I answered my own question.

"All I am going to say, if this pesky Petrover dopplebitch drives a wedge between you two again, I will not hesitate to rip out her kidneys and feed them to her," I state with a menacing smile, but fully meaning what I said.

"Actually Ada.. We could use your help," Damon stated, making his way over to a bottle of bourbon. My eyes perked up at the bottle, seeing as I left The Grill without mine, damn doppelgängers.

"First of all, I'll take one of those," I smiled sweetly, pointing over to the bottle.

"Just like your big brother," Damon winked, pouring me a glass. Handing it to me, he elaborated their problem.

"You ever heard of the Original Vampires?" I stopped mid sip, why on earth was he asking me about the family I'm trying to forget?

"Vaguely. Any particular reason?"

"Oh no.. Just the fact Klaus wants Elena dead to break some curse," Damon tried to pass it off as casual, but he could never hide his feelings, not from me anyway. I could see the worry in his eyes from a few feet away. However, at this information, the bourbon I'd just acquired dropped to the floor. The sun and the moon curse, of course he'd know about a human from the Petrova bloodline. I mentally rolled my eyes, of course he'd know. It's Klaus.

"Excuse me? You wanna pick a fight with Klaus? Of all people?" It took everything in me not to pick up the pen on the table and ran it through their eyes.

"So you know him?" Stefan was always so serious, he can't pass anything off as casual.

"Ehhhh.." I trailed off, not particularly wanting them to know I spent most of the 20th century with him.

"We've met Elijah," Damon pipes in. This peaked my interest, although it could be due to the fact last time I saw him, he was grey and had a dagger sticking from his chest, courtesy of his lovely brother.

"Elijah is the Easter bunny compared to Klaus," I scoffed in amusement. Both brothers looked even more worried than before.

"Do not tell me you two are going to save the day? Against Niklaus Mikaelson?" They looked at me cluelessly.

"Nicklaus?" They questioned.

"Klaus is short for Niklaus," I mutter, embarrassed about that information.

"How personally did you know him?" Damon asked, almost accusingly.

I gritted my teeth, trying to forget about how his hands used to feel against me, igniting every nerve possible in my undead body.

"That is none of your concern, don't go there," I warned him, once again pointing my manicured finger at him. He held his hands up in mock defense, which I decided to take no notice to. Would rather not add fuel to the fire.

"Is Elijah in town?" I questioned uneasily.

"Not entirely sure. However he has promised the safety of Elena," Stefan explained. I chuckled, they were so stupid.

"Yes for Klaus," I muttered.

"Basically whenever Elena's in danger, he tends to appear out of nowhere like superman or something," Damon almost sounded bitter, how funny.

"Please, Superman has nothing on Elijah. That man can put the Queen of England to shame with his class, even when detaching hearts," I pointed out. I missed Elijah, he looked after me when Klaus didn't. Every time Klaus hurt me, Elijah would pick up the pieces. Both brothers looked at me confused again.

"Did you do both of them?" Damon accused. I glared at him, highly offended.

"I am not a strumpet!"

"Didn't say you were. Just asked if you got down with not one, but two originals," he chuckled in response. I flipped him off and turned back to Stefan.

"So what you're telling me, is the dopplebitch has to be in danger for him to make an appearance?" I wondered thoughtfully. Stefan's features turned weary, he always knew me best.

"Don't even think about it Ada," he warned. "I'm in love with her."

I didn't miss the flash of hurt cross Damon's face at his words, but decided against calling him out on it in front of Stefan. It's 1864 all over again.

"Wouldn't dream of it," I winked unconvincingly. "Now, where am I staying?"