Ch. 37

"We have serious evidence against them. Their stories don't match... and one more thing... I think we should go look at Derek's house to see if we'll find something."
"That's a great idea. Now let's go arrest them!"

YN's POV

We were all waiting outside with our minds preoccupied with thoughts filled with nervousness and worry for the horrible crime we had committed as a team. The truth was that we didn't really kill him, he was already dead, but we chopped him and burnt him down to ashes instead of going to the police about it.

But what happened, happened. The past was in the past. We couldn't go back in time and change it. The only thing we could do was focus on our future which shouldn't be behind bars. This made me think... what did Jessica say? I was looking at her and she seemed to be okay. Then the door flung open and the two policemen came out.

"Can we go home now?" Michael jumped immediately and asked.
"You can, but YN, Jessica, Daniel and Derek are staying here."
"WHAT!?" we all shouted.
"You're under arrest until we figure out what's really going on here." 

My whole body became weak as if I had seen the werewolf in front of me. What was going to happen now? What was Michael going to think about me?

Everyone started protesting and the room got filled with the sounds of their voices yelling and defending themselves. Michael was involved too, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I understood no one's words. My mind was still processing the thought that I had gotten arrested. 

Then a few policemen appeared out of the nowhere and took the four of us to lock us up. All I could see was Michael trying to stop them, but he was being pushed away from us by a few policemen. He was yelling "I'm gonna get out of here, YN! I promise! YN, don't worry!"

I couldn't reply. I couldn't say anything, I only felt how hot tears started falling down my cheeks from my eyes, which were focused on Michael. I wanted to look at his face while I still could. Things weren't looking so good for us so maybe we were going to stay behind bars for a while.

Michael was still talking to me from afar until suddenly I could no longer see him for we got escorted to the cells. Me and Jess were in one cell and Derek with Daniel in a separate one right in front of ours.

Jessica was crying, Daniel was in a shock and Derek couldn't believe what was going on.

"So people, we'll start an investigation and you'll stay here until it's over. We'll inform your parents and they can get you lawyers. Also, Mr. Derek, we're going to ask for a search warrant. We need to examine your place closely."

"What?!"

Oh no... that wasn't good.

"But why!? You can't do that!" he protested loudly.
"Why? Is there a problem, Mr. Derek? Are you hiding something in from us?"
"No! Of course not, but that's just not fair! There is nothing in my home for you to find!"
"Why don't you calm down and let us decide that!" with this the policemen left and it was only us in the cells.

"If they search my house..." Derek whispered to us when were alone.
"We're dead." Daniel finished the sentence for him.
"Stop it!" I jumped in "They'll find absolutely nothing! We cleaned up the place perfectly! They can't find anything..." I was trying to convince myself too. "There's just no way they will!"
"This is all your fault, YN!" Daniel suddenly shouted.
"Excuse me!?? I didn't kill the priest! I didn't invite the beast in our town! The only thing I did was trying to save our asses by covering the beast's next murder, because if I hadn't, his wife was going to go to the police!" no way I was going to let him blame everything on me.
"Oh really..." he sarcastically replied "WELL THE FUCKIN' POLICE STILL CAUGHT US!"
"Don't shout!" Derek scolded him "What do you want, everyone to hear what we'd done!"
"They'll know what we'd done, after they search your house!"
"I'll say that again.. they will find nothing! I made sure everything was left spotless!"
"Oh yes you did, YN, like a real professional."
"What are you trying to tell me, Daniel?" there was something very wrong about the tone of his voice.
"Oh nothing just.. ah.. your close cousin maybe gave you a few lessons on murdering people and then covering up the tracks."
"WHAT?"
"Or should I say... your fuck buddy." he whispered the last three words.
"What the fuck are you saying!! Can you hear yourself!??" Derek tried to calm us down, but it was useless.
"Or should I say... the werewolf." silence followed. Deadly one.
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"Jessica, why don't you tell your best friend what do I mean?" Daniel looked at her. She'd been silent all this time.
"Jess?" I said "What's going on here?" she looked at me and said
"We know everything, YN, about you and Michael."
"What?"
"He's your lover."
"What? Are you all insane!" I denied it as hard and as convincing as I could. "Can you hear yourselves! He's my cousin!"
"We saw you, YN. I put a camera in your room last time I visited you."
"You what..." I couldn't believe it.
"You fucked. We know what's going on."