29: Rescued

Chapter 29: Rescued

Jing Xuan gulped down a cup of tea and rubbed her belly, her eyes is in a crescent shape as a wide smile forms on her face. She honestly loved the cakes they made, it was by far the closest to the cakes she had in the real world.

TingXiao chuckled at her behaviour, after getting along with her he loved the way she expresses herself. Unlike the other noble girls who would act elegant all the time, he much prefer a goofy and open girl.

"That was so good!" She moaned as she smacked her lips.

"If i do find another good place, i'll surely invite you" Jing Xuan smiled at his words. Over cakes, they interacted and seemed to click so much it surprises her. They left the store as they walked around the streets to digest the huge amount of cakes they ate.

"TingXiao, you're not from this Kingdom right? So where are you from?" She asked.

"Im from somewhere you'll love. I'll bring you there next time." As my wife of course he added in his head as he looked at her, thinking how perfect it'll be.

she just smiled and nodded her head agreeing to TingXiao's word, they strolled for a while more before they headed back to the inn. A long week had passed, and the preparation for the rescue mission was more or less done. Zhi Hao's assassin had already fully scoped out the area.

They figured out the schedule change between the guards and the hidden guards location. The weapons made by the Golden Wolf are also ready.

"Today we will get your family out." Jing Yi said to Zhi Hao with a smile on her face. During the past week, TingXiao had self invited himself to join in their discussion and had somehow joined the group.

As night came along, the group changed into their black attire and regrouped at the horse stable. They each got on their horse as they headed to Fu Quan Mount. Near a little hut in the middle of the mountainous area, they got off their horses and tied them safely to a tree.

"WuMing is already hiding near the waterfall, we're suppose to meet him there. Zhi Hao, later scatter the knocked out powders at the soldiers stationed near the entrance of the tunnel. WuMing and his group will take out and fight the other guards hidden in the water and on the trees.

Uncle Ming De will also be helping WuMing group. TingXiao, Jing Jie and Me will be heading into the tunnel and rescuing Zhi Hao's family. Clear?" Jing Xuan asked.

As they nodded their heads, they slide their mouth mask on and flew towards the middle of Fu Quan Mount. Zhi Hao very stealthily scattered the powder and one by one the soldiers and guards that are on the ground fall to the ground looking as though they had fallen asleep.

Some unlucky soldiers hiding on the tree had also fallen due to smelling the powder. As the other soldiers hiding realised their friends have been knocked out they are on high alert, Jing Xuan who was hiding at the back took her arrow and aimed at one of the soldiers hiding in the water.

Very silently, another soldier had died and a pool of blood surfaced on the blue water. Shocking the hiding soldiers out of the water, WuMing had hid his archers behind the trees and bushes to attack those on the trees while the other group attack the soldiers.

As everyone else was occupied, Jing Xuan together with Jing Jie and TingXiao headed towards the secret entrance.

"Jing Jie." Jing Xuan called out, Jing Jie raised a hand towards the entrance and closed his eyes sensing what was behind it.

"Behind the other door connected to the middle of the waterfall have about 3 soldiers." Jing Jie reported.

Jing Xuan nodded her head before she break opened the door and headed towards the other side. She and TingXiao had their dagger ready, Jing Xuan's hand was on the door knob as she counted down.

"3, 2, 1" she whispered and threw opened the door. She jumped out of the door and very quickly slit through one of the soldiers throat, She turned around and aimed for the last soldiers throat, as though they are old comrade, as she slit the soldier's throat TingXiao dagger pierced through his chest piece and into his heart.

"fierce" Jing Xuan commented which caused TingXiao to smile cheekily at her.

They continued towards the hut where Zhi Hao's family is held at. The other soldiers rushed out and started attacking them. Jing Xuan was pushed away from TingXiao due to the attacks from the soldiers. The only miscalculation they made was the amount of soldier there were.

10 stood guard outside around the hut, while suddenly 5 or 6 more soldiers came out from the hut and joined in the attack. Jing Xuan threw her short dagger on the floor as she reached down to the sheath on her waist and draw out her sword.

There were about 9 soldiers around Jing Xuan, she charged forwards with her sword and sliced three of the incoming soldiers that was running towards her, she immediately turned back and continued her attacked as she was totally surrounded.

On the other hand, TingXiao was fighting 5 soldiers while Jing Jie was fighting 2 soldiers. TingXiao very quickly finished off the soldiers and his heart skipped a beat when he saw Jing Xuan narrowly escaped the sword. Out from nowhere, 3 more soldiers popped out and aimed at Jing Xuan.

TingXiao ran towards Jing Xuan and hugged her back, taking the slashes for her. His muffled groan was what snapped her back to him, and realised that TingXiao had protected her. Jing Jie had just finished killing the two soldiers, and seeing his Master in danger he let let out a ear piercing scream towards the soldiers bursting their eardrums.

Blood trickled down their ears, during this moment of disbelief Jing Xuan raised her sword as she in one swift motion sliced all their throat. A smile was on her face, as blood splattered on her cheeks dripping down. Under the moonlight, it was as though they had seen the Demoness.

She entered the hut and saw Zhi Hao's parents and sister crouching down in fear shivering. They looked up and saw her, first was bewitched by her compelling beauty, then the bloody appearance strike them. As she walked towards them, they had on a dreaded look and shivered more.

"Im Zhi Hao's friend, we're here to save you" She said in her sweet friendly voice in attempt to calm them down which indeed worked. She hurried them into the tunnel, before she looked at TingXiao

"Are you okay?" Jing Xuan asked worriedly, she wasn't able to tell how much he was bleeding and how deep was the cut as he was wearing a black assassin wear.

"Give me a kiss, i'll be better" Seeing that TingXiao still can joke, she turned around and headed into the tunnel. If she'd looked around, she could see the furrowed brows of his, his gritted teeth and the amount of sweat that was on his forehead.