22: Victory

Chapter 22: Victory
Do vote and comment;)

Very swiftly, the Eastern Kingdom's soldiers fought their way into the Lieutenant's camp and took control of the area. Right at this moment, Jing Xuan felt the immense guilt of killing the soldiers.

"If i don't kill them, ill get killed" she repeated it again and again in her head to calm herself down. It's life, a dog eat dog [1] world, you die or i die.

[1]: Fierce Competition where they are willing to harm each other to get what they want.

"We aren't going to attack further right?..." Jing Xuan asked the captain.

"Yea, we just wanted a little revenge." When Jing Xuan heard that she felt relieved, she did not want to hurt the citizens that have absolutely no link to the war.

Jing Xuan grabbed a male outfit from one of the tents and changed into them as she wanted to explore a little bit of the Southern Kingdom. She placed her dagger in the sheath she wore on her thigh, she got on Xiao Bai and headed to town.

Jing Xuan glance at the town, and noticed that the citizens seem to be suffering and they all looked really haggard.

"Wait for me here okay" Jing Xuan said to Xiao Bai as she patted her head. She walked along the streets of the town, and decided to visit a tea shop.

"What would you like sir?" The shopkeeper came with a menu.

"I just want tea and some steamed bao with lotus seed." The shopkeeper noted it down and poured some tea into her cup.

Swirling the tea in her cup, she breathe in the fragrance of the tea before sipping it.

"Did you know another lady have been captured by the soldiers?" The man asked his friend.

"Really? Poor lady... the soldiers are too much! All they do is sit around because the East Kingdom is not attacking and going around capturing girls in our town. They really think they are some big shot" the other complained.

"Yes. Yes. Shameless bunch of soldiers, if they are so conceited they won't be able to win the soldiers of the East Kingdom and protect the boarder. Either ways, its still us the folks that suffer..." he said bitterly as he took a sip of his tea.

Jing Xuan who heard everything was feeling agitated, she reaches her hand out to grab a bun however instead of a bun she seemed to have grabbed a hand.

She looked up and saw the strange man from Ville Morte. She raise an eyebrow at his random appearance, and quickly withdraw her hand.

"You okay?" TingXiao asked.

"Hm?"

"Are you okay?" He asked again.

"En"

"Don't lie to me..." TingXiao said as he stared intensely into Jing Xuan's eyes. Jing Xuan's breathe was stuck in her throat as she saw the intense look he gave her.

"I feel upset..." she replied softly, she wasn't sure why but she felt comfortable and spilled her thoughts.

He moved to the seat beside her and sat down, "and why's that?" He continued prying.

She sucked in a breathe, "i feel annoyed at myself, at the kingdoms... because the kingdoms felt threatened that the other Kingdoms are going to harm them, they attacked. But so many innocent lives will be lost, and that is because of the threat and mistrust of the emperors..." she ranted softly, not wanting to get attention.

"You don't have to worry... the next generations will bring peace." He said certainly.

Jing Xuan rose an eyebrows at his words, "what makes you so sure?" She asked.

"Hm, i just know." TingXiao said as he had a small smile on his lips.

Is he trying to make me feel better? Cute.

Jing Xuan let out a smile as she looked at TingXiao, which caused TingXiao's heart rate to accelerate.

I just want her to smile forever He thought as he looked at her sweet smile. As he was deeply entrance by Jing Xuan's smile, she grabbed a bun and placed it in TingXiao's hand.

"Thank you." Jing Xuan felt better after she had ranted and she really appreciate the fact that he was able to make her speak her mind.

Does he recognise me?

"Do you know me?" Jing Xuan asked curiously.

"Even if you're wearing a male outfit, i can still recognise you" He said smoothly as he took a sip of tea.

My cup!

"That's my cup..." She said to herself as she saw his lip touch her cup.

Thats not the most important point here! He recognises me!

"So you know me?" She asked again.

"En"

"From?" She asked as she grabbed another cup and filled it with tea.

"Ville Morte" god dammit he really recognises me.

"So you know why i am here?" She asked again.

TingXiao looked up at Jing Xuan's slightly worried face, "i wont hate you even if you kill the entire world."

Jing Xuan who was at a loss for words, placed some money on the table, said bye and quickly left. As it was getting late already, she got on Xiao Bai and headed back to the Eastern Kingdom.

"She's getting more pleasing to my eyes" TingXiao thought as he sips his tea.