13. Save The 50s Dance

Start from the beginning

"I have no idea," Riley said.

"Screw two hours, I'm not staying here if he's here," Caroline scowled.

"Don't let him ruin your night," Riley said. "Either of you. Damon's an ass, but he's easy to ignore."

They nodded in agreement as Elena and Stefan made their way over.

"Hey guys," Elena greeted, looking slightly worried, but she tried not to let her true feelings show. She grabbed Caroline. "Come, dance with me!"

Caroline obliged, following Elena onto the dancefloor.

"Hey," Stefan said in a low voice to Riley and Bonnie. "There's a small problem."

"I don't care," Bonnie told him, narrowing her eyes. "After what Damon did to me, I don't want anything to do with this whole... thing." She walked away from them, choosing to stand as far away from either of the Salvatore brothers as possible.

Riley sighed. "That's Damon's fault. He has a lot of making up to do."

"I know," Stefan agreed, nodding. "What's the deal with our history teacher?" They both looked at 'Call me Ric' Saltzman, a chaperone, standing next to Elena's aunt Jenna. They looked cute together.

"I don't know. Maybe he got lucky when he killed Logan? Or maybe he's a super-secret vampire hunter, in town to avenge the death of his missing wife?" she smiled.

"That's not funny," Stefan said, disapproving of her joke. "But actually, we have more important things to deal with. There's a vampire here tonight, and his target is Elena."

"What? How do you know that?" Riley hissed.

"He got into her house, posing as a pizza delivery guy. Now he's been invited in, he can come back as often as he likes. So we're gonna take him out. Tonight."

"So we can't have one party without supernatural drama?" she asked rhetorically. "I'll keep a look out for anything out of the ordinary."

"Actually, I was telling you so that you could get out of here," Stefan informed her. "You don't need to be caught up in this."

"Stefan, I didn't want to be involved, but guess what? I kind of already am. And I'd rather be here, than go home and wait for a text from Damon to say that this asshole ripped Elena's head off. I'm staying."

"In that case," a voice from behind her said. She turned to see Damon smirking. "Wanna dance?"

"Do I want to dance with the guy that's been a complete dick to my two best friends? I don't think so!" Riley frowned at him.

"Come on, we made a good team before. Please?" he pleaded, holding out his hand. Against her better judgement, Riley felt sorry for the vampire. It must have been hard to be on the Earth for so many years and still have to beg a 17 year old to dance with you.

"Fine," she said, taking his hand and allowing him to lead her to the dance floor. He put his hands on her waist and she placed hers around his neck as they swayed to the 50s music.

"Is Bonnie ever gonna forgive me?"

"That depends," Riley said, a smirk on her face as she raised an eyebrow at him. "Can you go back in time and un-bite her?"

Damon rocked on his heels, trying not to let the guilt show. "She really needs to get over that, it wasn't personal. I was biting Emily, not her."

"Emily's dead," Riley reminded him bluntly. "Bonnie was the one who felt your teeth in her neck. Bonnie was the one who almost died. And if you want forgiveness, you need to go directly to her."