Prussia (Good Ending)

━━━━━━┛ ✨ ┗━━━━━━

Information

━━━━━━┓ ✨ ┏━━━━━━

Word Count: 1514

Contents include: happy ending

Art: Not mine

Rewrite or New: Rewrite

|××××××××××|××××××××××|

Progress between you two was slow, it almost seemed like you two were regressing at times. But recovery was a path that required mountains of patience and willingness to try. Your first step together on this journey was letting go of what the past left you with.

Emotional scars, physical pain, and mental trauma. Still waters ran deep within you.

Letting go was a painful process, it meant that you had to realize that everything that has ever happened to you was over and it was time to move on. Easier said than done, obviously. The chains of the insults and cuffs of pain weighed like breezeblocks, breathing was no longer a nuisance but a daily task you had to force yourself to partake in. Everything that was once normal was warped, changed, destroyed, as if someone lit a match in the room that held all of your memories and burned all of them. Whatever could be recovered was crudely sewn together and stitched up incompletely. Nothing made sense anymore, red was blue, black was white, up was down, left was right.

You didn't want to heal this way. You didn't want it to be easy for him, he deserved to suffer the exact way you had for several years, how dare he have the easy way out. The bitter taste of the event lasted long in your mouth as your fists clenched tightly.

The dark storm cloud above your head began to rumble with thunder, however something brought your consciousness back.

When you had tried to leave, the feeling of something tugging against you made you stand still. Gently, as if he was afraid of shattering you with his touch, Gilbert held your wrist in his pale hand.

The sensation was warm, though a bit unpleasant considering it was him who was holding you there after all. Although every instinct in your body told you to rip your grip away from him, the softness of his hand almost lulled you into staying in one spot. This was the first time he had ever touched you with a sense of carefulness and almost... nervousness, as if any wrong movememt would break you into millions of shards.

There was a spark Gilbert felt in his heart that caused him to lurch forward and grab you, but when he tried to speak, it felt like his tongue was tied into a knot. You lifted a curious and confused brow at him as you listened. You heard him caught mid-sentence, suspension in his voice as if he was fighting off the urge to say something.

"I....I-I" he started, his hand trembled as he held onto you. His grip tightened just a bit, as if he was afraid you were going to leave him behind.

You wanted to leave him behind. You wanted to let him crumble beneath the pressure. You wanted him to relive every single moment you did under his terror.

But... that didn't make you any better than him. You desires of revenge and equal treatment wouldn't be something you would look back on with pride. It wasn't something you could be proud of. No matter how rotten people are, you knew you just couldn't sink down to their level.