Chapter 12 - Victoria

I woke up the next morning with a big yawn. I rolled over to find Niall sitting on my bed. "Ah! You're awake, sleepyhead!"

I rubbed my eyes, "What time is it?"

"Almost noon! You wasted away half your birthday!"

I jumped up remembering what day it was and Niall's promise from the night before. "So, what were you able to plan last minute?" I asked as I pecked him on his lips.

"It's a surprise!"

"Is everything a surprise with you?"

He just nodded with a little chuckle, "I got you breakfast! Now, get up!"

He brought me a plate of pancakes along with one for himself, and we ate together. Then, I got dressed, and we jumped in the car for my surprise.

We drove for about an hour, and when Niall put the car in park, I had no words. Well, I did. All I could say was "Niall? What are we doing here?"

"We're getting on a plane!"

"But I didn't pack anything!"

"That's okay! We'll only be gone for the day!"

I was confused, but I went along with it. After all, he was the one who knew what was going on. We got on a plane, and after about five hours (I guess we took, like, a high-speed jet or something), we landed at the East Midlands Airport. Niall had hired a driver, who was waiting for us when we got off the plane.

We drove for a while, and soon the scenery was very familiar. The car stopped, and I couldn't believe where we were; in front of Josh and Ben's house. Niall got out, came around, and opened my door for me. What a gentleman. He took my hand and led me away from the house. We walked for a few minutes and ended up at the lake. The lake where I realized I might be in love with Niall Horan.

"Niall? What are we doing here?"

"Is that all you're capable of saying today?" he asked with a laugh.

"Ha ha. Very funny," I stuck my tongue out at him, "Really, though, what are we doing here?"

"This is where we had our first kiss. Don't you remember?" he semi-explained with a smirk, "I had a picnic set up. I thought it would be romantic, yet funny."

"I guess it is. I love you," and I pecked him on the lips. He'd have to wait until later for a real kiss. Leave him wanting more.

There were sandwiches and fruits and chocolates. We ate the sandwiches and fruit. Well, except for the strawberries. Those we fed to each other. And the chocolate? It was in little pieces, so we each took a bite out of each end and kissed in the middle.

After we ate, we decided to go for a swim in the lake.

"Niall, I don't have a bathing suit," I realized.

"That's okay," he said with a smirk as he dangled Josh's house keys in front of me.

"Does he know you have those?"

"Of course!!" He seemed offended that I doubted him.

We went back to the house and I got a bathing suit from my old room. Then, we ran back to the lake and ran in holding hands. I pulled him under, and we kissed underwater. That didn't last long, though, so we came up for air. We didn't stay in long, and we ran back to the house to change back into our normal clothes. We then had the driver bring us back to the airport, and we flew home.

On the plane, we just talked the whole time.

"Nialler," I whispered looking up at him, "Thank you. That was the best birthday I've ever had," I decided I had waited long enough. Forget him; I was tired of waiting! I leaned in, and we had a real kiss. Tongue and all. But before we knew it, the plane was landing, and we had to drive back home.

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN!? :)