Childhood home

Ada's POV:

I was officially bored with life.

There's only so many times you can travel the world. Plus, it's boring when you have nobody to see it with.

Although I did have somebody who was showing me what was so great about the world, it's a shame he had to destroy me.

That was years ago, and I did was us Salvatores are known to do. I was reckless.

I know full well my brothers are out there somewhere, but since they didn't care to look for my supposed corpse after my supposed murder, I didn't care for them.

I was currently driving my Cadillac Classic into Virginia. A small town called Mystic Falls had been talked about quite often in New Orleans. It was known for the supernatural, and my curiosity was getting the best of me.

Reaching around into the seat behind me, I huffed as I struggled to find what I need.

''You stupid idiot!'' I mentally face palmed myself when I felt the bloody bag empty in the backseat. I didn't think to bring anymore, I'd hoped there'd be plenty of unknowing beating hearts wondering around the great supernatural town.

I eventually saw the sign that confirmed I was entering Mystic Falls, and I almost punched the ceiling of my car in excitement. It felt like I'd be driving for days, when really it was only a few hours.

From what I've heard about the Salvatore brothers, they and I are the same. Stefan was a ripper, and Damon had no care for human life. I wasn't a ripper, but I didn't particularly have any care for human life. They're blood bags, and that is all.

I drove further into the town, my fingers drumming impatiently on the steering wheel. I needed to eat, and I could do with a stiff bourbon.

I drive around aimlessly for a while before coming across a bar called 'The Grill'. Perfect, drunken teenagers, and alcohol.

Stepping inside, I immediately scrunch my nose up at the stench. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I did a quick scan of the room. It was a small bar, but it had alcohol.

Sauntering up to the bar, the cute blonde with blue eyes caught my attention. The shirt he was wearing proved he worked here, as did the name tag.

''Hey.. Matty,'' I drawled with a smirk. I grabbed him subtly, staring into his dreamy irises.

''Bottle of bourbon. Now,'' I demanded before pushing him back by his collar. His eyes narrowed at me, causing me to narrow mine back. Was he a vampire?

''Who are you?'' He was on the defense. I rolled my eyes when I noticed the bracelet. Vervain.

''Ada Salvatore, pleasure,'' I pushed my arm over the counter, not giving him much choice but to shake my hand, which he did reluctantly. I didn't miss the flicker in his eyes when he heard Salvatore, and he knew it.

''Salvatore? As in Damon and Stefan?'' He questioned, well more like interrogated. I groaned out loud. Great, I've avoided them for so long.

''No,'' I lied with what I hoped was a confused smile. He stared back as if he didn't believe me.

''Could I please get my bourbon?'' I batted my eyelashes at him, hoping he'd overlook my compulsion attempt. He nodded warily and hurried away.

Drumming my fingers on the countertop, I looked around the bar once more. Only this time, I saw what I must have missed before. Before I could help myself, my fangs were bared and I was across the room holding Katherine by her throat. The blonde and dark skin girl jumped up in defense. Katherine started spluttering and struggling, I stared her up and down in wonder, before dropping her. Katherine was a vampire, she didn't have a beating heart. She certainly did not dress like that either.

''You're not Katherine,'' I narrowed my eyes accusingly at her while she looked up at me in fear. The other girls with her seemed to have backed down aswell.

''I'm Elena!'' she coughed out. My eyes narrowed further, before the pieces clicked together in my head.

''Ah, doppleganger!'' I placed my hand on my chin thoughtfully as I stared hard at the human Katherine lookalike.

''Who are you?'' The dark skin girl with her had a sharp voice, but not enough to intimate me like she intends to.

I smirked sideways at her. ''Ada Salvatore.''

''As in Damon and Stefan Salvatore?'' Blondie asked. For the love of god! How could I have not known Damon and Stefan had something to do with the doppleganger? Considering the mess Katherine left them in. I decided not to lie anymore. The doppleganger was obviously close to them, and she'd no doubt drop my name.

''Exactly,'' I smirked.

''Stefan never mentioned a sister,'' The doppleganger was on her feet again, and had the nerve to look at me accusingly.

I straightened my stance, knowing how intimidating I can be in my heels. It worked. I smirked again as she backed down.

''As far as they know, I'm 6 feet under that's why,'' I rolled my eyes. This doppleganger was more annoying than Katherine, and I didn't think that was possible.

''I must love and leave you all. No doubt I'll be seeing you around, Elena,'' I winked menacingly before sauntering out, not even bothered about my drink anymore. It was time I paid my brothers a visit from beyond the grave.

I've known about the Salvatore boarding house for a while now, as far as I knew our Uncle, well our nephew Zach was living there. No doubt if Damon and Stefan are back in town they'd be staying there.

I had never seen it in person, but I knew exactly where it was. It was where our old house was.

Pulling up outside, it's size shocked me. I don't remember it being that big in the 1800's.

Cautiously stepping out of my car, I slowly walked to the front door, suddenly feeling very nervous. Should I knock? Are they even here?

Before I could decide what to do, the door swung open. There stood the brooding face I'd missed all these years. Stefan's eyes widened and his jaw dropped, probably thinking he was hallucinating.

''Stefan are you going or are you just going to stand there brooding all day?'' The voice of my oldest brother rung through the house, and I couldn't help the smile that took place across my face.

''Stefan, are you okay?'' I asked softly, reaching out to touch his arm. His eyes snapped to where we made contact, as if I'd shocked him.

''You're real,'' He breathed out, blinking hard.

''Stefan are you talking to yourself again?!'' Damon shouted annoyed, his voice getting closer and closer until eventually..

''Ada?''