Chapter 17 "Catching Feels":

(Time Skip: Two Days Later)
Gabe's POV:
It has been at least three days since what happened with Marlon and I still can't get over what had happened. I recovered little bit to at least come back outside and eat my dinner but it still hurt a little. Marlon was my friend ever since I got here. Hell he was my best friend. But to hear that he killed Brody and gave away Sophie and Minerva to bandits in exchange for safety made me realize how much of a monster he truly was. Him trying to blame the whole thing on Clementine was the straw that broke the camels back for me. You think you know a guy, then when the truth comes out, everything becomes a fucking mess. Honestly I just felt bad for AJ. I heard that Clem grounded him and I feel like that's a little unnecessary. But Marlon's death leaves the question of who's going to be our new leader. In my opinion, I'd vote for Clem as leader but of course I'm kind of biased.
Speaking of Clem, ever since she stood up to Marlon I can't get her out of my head. Hell ever since she left Richmond I can't get her out of my head. How badass she is, the way she fights, and just how smart and beautiful she is just has driven crazy for the last four years. I want to tell her how I truly feel but every chance I've gotten over the last five days, I didn't because I've been too afraid to. All I wanted do is hold her,kiss her, and tell her I love her but I keep chickening out. God why am I such a fucking dork that I can't even tell a girl I like her. As I was in my thoughts, I saw Clem come outside and sit down at a picnic table talking to Erika. As I was looking right at her and smiling, Thomas walked up from behind and sarcastically said, "Staring at two girls from a far distance. Not creepy at all." "Oh hey, Thomas." I said as my eyes were still on Clem. "You like her don't you, Gabe?" He said raising his eyebrow. "What? Wh...who?" I said nervously. "You know exactly who. Just face it, you're in love with Clementine, aren't you?" He asked still raising his eyebrow. I let out a huge sigh I then said, "Yeah. Yeah I am. I can't help it Tom she just... she just so perfect." "Well then if you like her so much then why not just ask her out?" He asked me.
"What you mean... like a date? I don't know if that's such a good idea." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Listen I've been in your shoes. There was a girl I used to like and wanted to tell her so badly but kept pussing out. Eventually enough time went by and she ended up being taken from here just as I got the courage to tell her. Trust me bud, if you want to be with her, it's better to do it now then later." He said as I knew he had a point. "Yeah, your right! I'm gonna go ask Clem to spend sometime with me and then I'll tell her." I said as he patted me on the back and said, "Atta boy!! Go get her, tiger!" I then began to walk over towards Clem more nervous than I've ever been in my entire life, but I wasn't going to back out of it because I knew it is what I needed to do in order for us to at least have a chance. I only just that she feels the same about me which she most likely doesn't but I'll try anyway.
Clem's POV:
It was late afternoon as I had just left my dorm house from giving AJ his dinner and immediately sat down at one of the picnic tables in the middle of town to eat mine. As soon as I finished, I noticed that Gabe was finally able to come back outside. I was happy to see him outside again after the last few days and was about to go talk to him until Erika sat down right next to me. "Hiya Clem. Whatcha doing?" She asked me. "Oh I'm just sitting down chilling a bit as you can see." I answered back. "No I mean what are you doing? As in Why are you staring at Gabe?" She asked me as I tended up a bit and felt red in my face. "I don't... I don't know what your talking about." I lied as she gave me an unconvinced look. "Oh come on, Clementine. I know a girl with a crush when I see one. Hell its how I was with Marlon before... you know." She said as I didn't respond and just looked back over at Gabe who was now talking to Thomas and just gave a loving sigh at the sight of him. "You're doing it again, Clem. You like-like him, don't you?" She said as I knew that I couldn't keep it a secret any longer.
Just as I opened my mouth to tell her the truth, I saw Gabriel walk over to me as I couldn't help but stop what I was about to say and smile nervously. He walked up to the table and leaned forward on it with both hands firmly planted on the table. "Hey Clem." He said sounding nervous for some reason. "Oh uh... hi Gabe." I said back sounding just as nervous. "So Clem, you don't... I don't know... have any plans for the rest of the afternoon?" He asked as I then tried to hide the blush he just gave me. "No not really. Why?" I answered him as I wanted to look back at Erika's ecstatic face but couldn't keep my eyes off of Gabe. "Well because I was wonder if... maybe you wanted to... do something with me." He offered as it would be insane to refuse. "S...sure." I said as Gabe went from nervous to happy. "Ok great. So when do you want to go?" He then asked me. "Well I just finished my dinner so we can go now if you want." I said back. "Yeah that would be great. Well we better get moving then before the sun goes down. Because then there's something I really want to show you." Gabe said sounding excited. "Ok then. Let's go." I replied as I got up from the table and started to follow him towards a gate hat led outside. I then felt Erika put my hand on my shoulder and whisper in my ear, "This is your chance Clem! Go get that boy!" I looked back at her, nodded, and continued to follow Gabe. Erika was right! I have to tell Gabe the truth about how I feel. I need to take this opportunity to tell him that I... that I love him.