Chapter 10 "Back at the Station":

Clem's POV:
We drove for about an hour as we pulled the car near the train station and it looked like the walkers were all gone. Gabe and I didn't talk much on the way there for reasons I have no idea about. Nothing was wrong we were just so determined to speak to each other. "So this is the place right?" Gabe asked me as I turned my attention from the window to him. "Yep, this is it." I responded as Gabe reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife. "Here. Just in case you run out of bullets." He said offering it to me. "No thanks. I already have one." I replied as Gabe chuckled and said, "You know, this gives me major deja vu of when I offered you a gun back when we were gonna take down the New Frontier." "Yeah it kind of does a little." I said as I chuckled and just smiled at each other. "Well we are wasting daylight so we should probably go get your hat now." Gabe said as I nodded and we both got out of the truck together.
We went walking for a little bit until I spotted the car that AJ and I crashed in. "There it is! The car." I said as Gabe and I ran over to the car that was still flipped upside down. "By the way, you must really love this hat, don't you?" Gabe said as I then smiled but then almost immediately frowned in sadness as I then remembered my parents. "Yeah this hat is important to me. It's the last thing that... that my father gave me before he and my mother... left and never returned." I admitted to Gabe as he then walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Oh I'm sorry Clem. Do you know what happened to them?" He asked me. "I found them in Savannah when I was nine years old as they were already walkers." I told him. "Oh Clem that's horrible. I bet you really miss them." He said. "I miss a lot of people Gabe. They are just two of dozens of people." I said as he then pulled my into a hug as I was surprised for a moment but then hugged him back. "God Clem, I can't imagine what this world has put you through. You deserved everything good and pure in life and you still do. I'm just glad to have you here with me again." He said as I then felt a single tear of both happiness and sadness slide from my eye and through my face. "Thanks Gabe. That's something I really needed to hear." I said as we let go of each other as Gabe responded, "I know you did Clem. And I mean it."
After all the sappy shit was over we then looked into the upside down truck to find my hat as Gabe checked the back seat and I checked the front. "Come on! Come on! Where the fuck is it?!" I said getting and sounding frustrated. "Relax Clem. We'll find it don't worry." Gabe reassured me as I said back, "Yeah your right. I know your right." We continued scuffling through all the wreckage and broken glass as I heard Gabe yell out, "I found it!!! It was under the drivers seat!!" "Really?!" I asked sounding excited as I accidentally then sliced my hand open from a piece of the broken windshield. "Ow!! Shit!" I screamed in pain as Gabe then moved over to me. "Clem!! What happened?!" He said sounding concerned. "My fucking hand is cut open and bleeding!" I told him still in pain. "Hold on. Give me a moment." He said as he ran back to the truck and grabbed a backpack from the backseat.
He then opened it and took out a bottled water and napkin. He then ran back over to me and said, "Ok Clem. Let me see your hand." I did what he told me as I reached out my hand to him as he grabbed it gently. "It might sting but just for a little bit. Besides you're pretty tough you can handle it." He said as I smiled and said, "Yeah I can handle a lot more than you think." "Yeah you don't have to tell me twice." He said as he then poured the water on my hand. It did sting at first but the pain eventually eased itself. He then stopped and put the napkin on my hand. "There no just put pressure on it and it should stop the bleeding." He said as his hand was on mine putting some pressure on it. He went to pull his hand away but I just grabbed it with my other hand and put it right back on my hand. I don't know what provoked me to do so it just seemed... right.
After a few more seconds of it, Gabe pulled his hand away again but with a smile on his face this time and said, "There. All better." I giggled a little bit as I begin to blush for yet another time and I tried to hide it. "Oh by the way, here's your... CLEM LOOK OUT!!!" Gabe screamed as I turned around to see a walker almost nearly on top of me. Gabe quickly took out his knife and stabbed it in the head as we then saw more walkers come our way. "Oh shit! Get ready." I said as I took out my knife as well. We then charged at the walkers as I did my usual "kicking the knee and stabbing the head" trick that Jane taught me even if she did turn out to be a crazy bitch. After I killed the two to maybe three walkers that were closing in on me, I looked over back to Gabe who was killing the walkers in style. I've never seen anyone killed walkers like he was doing. With just one sword, he took out the walkers like they weren't bad guys in an old kung fu movie as he drop kicked one, sliced another one's head off, stabbed in the stomach then stabbed in the head, and flipped kick the last ones head off. After he was done, I just stared at him in awe. "Gabe, where the fuck did you learn to do that?" I asked him still in shock. "Hey you've had your teachers and I've had mine. Anyways now that those smelly ugly fuckers are gone, here's your hat back." He said as he handed the hat back to me and I gladly accepted it. The cut on my head was pretty much already healing so I took of the bandage on my head and put my hat on. "And there it is. The old Clementine I used to know. Still looking as bad ass as ever." Gabe said as I giggled, lightly punched his shoulder and said, "Yep I'm still bad ass. And even after all this time you still a huge dork." "Yep I'm a dork. Now and forever." He joked as I giggled again. "Come on, we should probably head back before Marlon realizes the truck is gone." He said as I nodded and we got back in the truck and drove off back towards the boarding school.