Chapter 3 "The Station":

Clem's POV:
We were driving as we had just passed a crawling walker on the side of the road. Compared to our car it meant no harm so we just drove by it. I adjusted my mirror so it would face AJ as he was playing with the revolver on his gun. I'm not gonna lie that it was a little irritating to hear the rattle of it. "Whatcha doing there, goofball?" I asked him with a slightly annoyed tone. "Pretending that it's got bullets." He answered me. "Well don't. It's getting on my nerves." I told him as my eyes were back on the road. He suddenly stopped doing it as I then heard him say, "I don't like goofball." It broke my heart a little to hear him say that seeing as how I've been calling him that for years. "I'm too big for it." He then continued. "Would you prefer shit bird?" I joked as he began to laugh a little. "No. That's mean." He said is that made me smile a little. "You're a shit bird." He said back to me as I giggled a little as well.
I don't look back in my room mirror to see him with a sad face while holding his stomach. "What's wrong, AJ?" I asked him as he looked back at me and simply said, "Hungry." I then looked over to see a magazine in the passenger seat as I picked it up. "Here. Practice your reading." I said handing him the magazine."I don't wanna." He said sounding annoyed. "It will take your mind off your stomach." I told him as he then began to read it out loud. Little did I know that it was a cooking magazine so I immediately said, "Actually never mind, it's only gonna make you hungrier." I also looked over to see a toy Broccoli as I picked that up as well. "Hey there, Alvin Junior. It's me, Disco Broccoli." I said putting on a voice and playing around. "Word on the street is that you want to eat me. Is that true? Do you want to eat me?" I said still doing the bit. AJ giggled a bit before saying, "Come on, Clem. I can't eat a toy." I made t look like the toy was sad as I said, "Aw man! My feelings are hurt." "My stomach hurts." AJ snapped back. "Hmph. Sassy." I said ending the joke as I put the toy back down. Ithen looked over to the bag of snacks and picked that up as well. "Here you go. It's all we got." I said handing him the bag. "But what about you?" He asked as he took the bag into his hands. "Go for it.  We'll find something else soon." I said as he then just said, "I believe you."
We eventually came across some kind of train station where abandoned trains were surrounding it. "We going to do it?" I heard AJ ask from the backseat. "Think so." I responded as AJ then said, "All clear." "We're doing it." I said as I handed AJ a switchblade for him to use if walkers appear. We then both exited the car as I opened the trunk and grabbed a crow bar and a canteen. "We need water too." I said to myself as I closed the trunk. "Alright let's find some food." I said as we both walked towards the train station. I saw a sign that said, "Friendly? Ring the Bell. No trespassing." I rang the bell under it and AJ said, "What are you doing?" I put my pointer finger over my mouth to tell him to be quiet as walkers popped out of nowhere in the distance. We then approached the walker as I said, "AJ, stay back." and I killed it. "It's down. You're with me?" I asked AJ smiling and holding my one hip. "I'm OK. No bites." He responded. "Next we get in there." I said as we then entered the train station by prying the door open with my crowbar. "What do we do inside a new place?" I asked AJ as I kneeled down to his eye level. "We check inside from monsters." He responded as I asked back, "And after that?" He struggle to remember for a bit until he said, "Check the windows." "That's right." I said as we walked inside.
As soon as we walked in the first thing we saw were two walkers tied to chairs. "Huh, monsters. All tied up. They can't get us?" AJ asked as I responded, "No they can't." AJ then pointed out that the windows were all boarded up as he then said, "This doors locked." "Security door. Can't pry that open." I said as AJ stomach rumbled again. "I know you're hungry. I am too. We'll find something I promise." I assured him. I then walked over to the train station's ticket booth when I saw a note on the ground in front of the tied up walkers that read, "Please leave us alone. This is what we wanted." I then looked over to see poison on the ground. "Did they give up?" I heard AJ ask. "They wanted to leave this world together. Holding hands in their own home." I said with a hit of sadness in my voice. "Well we have a home?" I heard AJ ask as I responded, "We'll see."
I tried to get the key but got startled by one of the walkers. I then thinking of ways to get in there. "We should kill the monsters. They're not people." AJ said as I was shocked by his words. "But they were people bud. And as people they asked to be left alone." I told him. I then looked over at the box office window and asked AJ to crawl inside of it which he did. He was a little scared at first because of the dark but I asked him to be brave and he agreed. I lifted him up as he crawl through the window. He opened the door from the other side and said, "You got to see this, Clem." I walked into her room to find out it was a pretty nice living space. "Huh, they had a good thing going here." I said as AJ then asked, "Can we stay here?" "We'll see." I said as he looked disappointed. "No one is here. No one is ever anywhere. It's always just monsters." He said as hearing that broke my heart. "There aren't that many people left kiddo." I told him. "That's sad. How many did there used to be?" He asked as I said, "A lot more. So many." AJ then ran over to a shelf that had two maybe three bullets on it and he loaded it into his gun. "Just a few." He said. "Remember what we said?" I asked him as he began stuttering again. "Never hesitate." He finally answered. "That's right. Come on let's keep looking. There is bound to be something we can eat." I said as we went back to looking for food.
I then  look at a can on the ground and saw that the food was spoiled. "Spoiled. Sorry buddy. It's all gone." I told him as he then said, "Fuck!" "Hey watch the swears!" I told him. "But you said shit bird before." AJ argues as I said back, "Do as I say not as I do." "Hey look." He said noticing the can rolling towards the bed over what appeared to be a storage space in the ground. "There's something under here." I said as I move the bed out of position. I then begin to lift the hatch as it opened to reveal food in it. Spoiled food but fresh and jarred food. "That's a lot of stuff." AJ commented as I just smiled. "Yeah it is. We can eat for weeks with this much." I said as of the notice of grenade roll towards us from the bottom of the hatch. "It's rigged!!!!" I yelled out as I close the hatch and ran off with AJ into the other room. "AJ!" I yelled giving him a hug as he hugged me back.
I then looked outside to see a shit ton of walkers headed towards where we were. They must've been drawn from the sound of the explosion. "Monsters." He said as he ran up to me. I kick the door open and ran out to the balcony to see them start to come in. "Oh shoot." AJ said. "We need to get back to the car." I said as we ran towards where the car was. But our path is blocked off by walkers and I had to find a way to separate them to take them out easier. So I ordered AJ to hide behind some kind of metal structure on the sidelines as I began taking out the walkers with my knife. AJ then collapsed one of the walkers with the metal structure as I stomped on his head. "Let's get to the car." I told him as we started running again. We both got into the car as I threw my stuff in the passenger seat and tried to start it up. One of the walkers arms were trying to get me through the window as I took the key to the car and stabbed it into its head. I think kick the door open as it flew onto the hood of the car with the key still lodged in its eye.
I close the door before any more walkers could get in as I got everything in position as when I get the key, we will automatically start moving. All of a sudden, a Walker broke the glass to the trunk as AJ moved from the backseat to the passenger seat to get away from it. AJ handed me his knife as another walker broke through the passenger seat glass window and latched onto him. I was able to step the walk around the head as it let go of AJ. Then the walker from the back seat latched his hand on my face but AJ stabbed it in the head as well as I stabbed it again myself. And we felt something start to push us forward as we pushed the walker with the key in its eye into the tree in front of us. "Clem, the key!" AJ said as I broke open the front window with my foot so I could retrieve the key. I took the key from his eyeball got back in my seat and try to start up the car again. Once it did start up, I put on my seatbelt and said, "Buckle up, AJ." I put the car into reverse as it smashed into something and a walker broke through my side window. We then started driving forward as apparently we drove off a small cliff because I was distracted while AJ yelled out, "CLEM!!!!" as we hit the ground and everything went dark.