Chapter IV - Part 4

Daraga stood still in the grand foyer of the empty mansion as he took in the utter silence of the place while Niku moved on ahead toward the grand fireplace.

"I could light a fire for afterward if it would help." He offered, already having known what her answer would undoubtedly have been.

"That might alert others to our presence long before we might have wanted them to be aware and ruin the plan now wouldn't it, my love."

He nodded but smiled just the same.

They both spoke in their Romani language of old, more out of a comfort of habit than determined need as there would not be anyone listening from what their agents had assured them when the entire place had been cleaned out along with any and all possible traces that might have otherwise linked others to the group that had hired them to conduct such clandestine efforts on their behalf.

"I will get the chest."

"Are the chains and hoist in place?" Niku inquired as she began to untie her cape and let it fall to the floor before she continued with the rest of her clothing that soon followed.

"In place and made ready, however I will no longer ask if you are as sure as you are about this given what I have long known of your determined methods and ways."

"Nice of you to not have asked as you so clearly have not..." Niku mused as she stepped out of last vestiges of her clothing which now left her fully exposed in all ways as she moved toward the curved stairwell and the upper levels.

Nothing of temporary decoration remained to be seen while she climbed the stairs given that if it had been found to have been removable without much effort, it had been taken down and away which had left little in place other than the woodwork itself as artwork.

The apartment that Kilgore had used in the city was such that they had decided after much debate that he would not have kept much if anything there for them to have worried about as he had spent so little time actually there other than to show off or inspect what he had managed to have done with the place on the company dime.

Apparently dressing to impress had gone well enough beyond his own more personal apparel in far too many ways to have counted which in turn may have actually incurred the wrath of so many that had found his fortunes at one time or another had actually been theirs.

Danger of discovery should they have tried search the place properly was just too high to have even considered given who his neighbors may have been and what one in particular had proven to be who undoubtedly had much in place for her own protection accordingly.

Sources already in proper places of note would alert them if something interesting were to have been found that might have otherwise been of concern to them.

The master suite held what she was looking for as Niku moved to attach the ends of the connected leg irons to each of her bare ankles while her wrists were shackled separately before she closed her eyes, took in a deep calming breath of not so subtle growing anticipation where she waited patiently for what was to come and focused on their goal as she felt the inner ache of call building in places long overdue for gratification.

Markings laid out with distinct precision upon the floor where she now stood at the center of along with the candles that surrounded her would mark the second part of the message that would let them know when it would eventually be discovered and also perhaps learn what might come next from the reaction.

While clearly misunderstood by those who had not studied the spell or had partaken of its rare application, the blood eagle would spread sensitive wings of the blood witch's very skin, blood and other bits and pieces to set at trap of sorts that although not proactive was very much reactive to those who entered into it even if they never realized what it was that they had activated or why.