Chapter V - Part 2

While her mini mansion sized apartment and undoubtedly that of John Francis conveniently located just next door may have initially presented itself as spacious, the master suite that took up the rest of the floor would have been considered cavernous without much of a stretch by any form of comparison whatsoever.

They were greeted by a woman with long straight blond hair cut neat dressed in a tailored yet elegantly blended blue-bird color themed dress and shawl complimented by dark glasses and a long narrow cane.

Startled and a bit more than surprised, Dio had not considered the possibility that their hostess would be blind which brought with it much to consider with how to interact accordingly.

"Welcome to my den of artwork and other such myriad collections that clutter much of the space around us; some of it mine while much if not most of the rest are the finer works of yet others to enjoy as well."

Her words while smoothly delivered contained just a hint of a European accent of sorts.

"Dioscorea, may I present Valeria." Delilah offered.

"Dio, if you please."

"Indeed, I've heard much good about you and look forward to having you amongst our fold as it were with Malenca and her people."

"It has indeed been an interesting turn over the last few days." She offered in muse of appreciation.

"Indeed, may I offer a drink and a tour?"

Not entirely sure of what to answer in the presence of a blind woman, Dio felt the polite obligation involved.

"A light touch would indeed be appreciated."

Delilah's smile and ever so subtle approval appeared to have indicated that she had chosen well.

"Speaking of Malenca, I am afraid that I must take my leave to assist with certain other ... business related matters that continue to plague us from a recently discovered misfortune of events."

With a nod, Valeria turned and made her way surprisingly well toward what turned out to be a side cabinet where she delicately pulled out a bottle and glass which she managed to pour the suggested two fingered amount with just the right amount of practiced hesitation.

Dio watched this as she moved into the room that seemingly rose up toward the dark night sky through what she could only assume was a domed glass structure of some sort high above them.

The bottle now replaced, Valeria returned to hand the glass to her.

Roman era busts of the famous, infamous and nefarious rested upon pillars spaced evenly to mark sections in a circle around them as shelves rose to contain collections of both leather bound books and other assorted artwork while a grand piano sat in elegant display in front of the massive windows.

"Impressive, is it not?"

"Quite, but how ..." Dio started to ask but then caught herself in mild embarrassment.

"How would a blind person such as myself possibly know what it is that you see and I undoubtedly cannot?"

Her host's smile of muse was politely muted as she moved toward the piano.

"When I had the main room designed, I indicated everything by touch measurement and each book, statue or other form of artwork that you see can be enjoyed through many senses other than what simple sight alone may have otherwise offered instead."

She was somewhat startled when another woman appeared with hands clasped casually behind her as she stood in the archway of what from the table and chairs behind could only have been the dining room or even hall given what Dio had seen of the place so far.