7) polyamorous

ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ #13, #32
because there needs to be more poly stories. :(

lucas and y/n stood on opposite sides of the room

lucas and y/n stood on opposite sides of the room. their eyes scanning through, and reading the script in their hands. they smile as stealing glances at each other here and there, both of them also looking at amybeth from time to time.

moments after all the needed scenes were shot lucas walked towards y/n, "hey babe." he smiled.

"hey." they both stared at each other for a moment before they're eyes diverted to someone else, amybeth walking towards the snack table.

both teens though amybeth was quiet attractive, and they had both found themselves attracted to her. "go ask her." y/n nudged lucas, nodding towards where their cast mate stop.

"you go ask her." the debate of who should ask amybeth the question they had in mind went back and forth for a couple more seconds before y/n sighed.

grabbing lucas' hand she made her way towards beth, "hi amybeth." she turned around, the braids in her hair moving with her and nearly smacking her in the face.

"oh hi y/n, lucas." lucas nodded her way, now standing beside y/n his hand still holding hers.

"lucas and i were wondering if you wanted to hang out, like grab a slice of pizza or something." the e/c eyed girl grinned.

"if you're not busy." the boy interfered. amybeth nodded, swallowing down the rest of the donut she was chewing on. "yes, of course. let me just get out of this costume." she exclaimed, walking to her dressing room. "she makes me smile." y/n giggled, watching her run off.

after amybeth finished getting ready she came back to the set, "okay, let's go." she smiled, god her smile was so pure & beautiful.

lucas led y/n and amybeth to his car, y/n taking a seat in the passenger seat and amybeth in the back.  all three debated on where to go until finally deciding on going to one of the nearby diners.

upon getting there lucas opened the doors for both of them, smiling at y/n and holding her hand in his. amybeth walked into the diner first, picking which booth you could all sit at.

"so, who's going to tell her?" y/n whispered to make sure amybeth wouldn't hear as she and lucas walked behind her.

he shrugged, sliding into the booth, opposite of amybeth, and pulling his girlfriend next to him. all three of you ordered your food and drinks, talking about all kinds of random things.

amybeth has just finished talking about her holiday and how much fun she'd had, while you just listened and nodded.

"have you ever tried dating to people at once?" nearly chocking in her water, y/n's gaze went straight to lucas. surprised that he had just blurted out that question when it had nothing to do with what you were talking about.

she nudge his side and he turned to look at her, mouthing a 'what?'. the both of them looked straight at beth again, waiting for her answer. "oh, you were serious?" she questioned, dumbfounded. "well this is awkward."

lucas nodded and she skeptically looked at the two of them. "wait, is this a date? did the two of you invite me out on a date?" her eyes widened in realization.

"pft, no." y/n replied at the exact same time that lucas let out a "yes." glaring at him, she took another drink of her water.

beth was completely confused about the situation she was in, not even knowing what to say. "okay, hold on. so are you two dating or not?"

"yeah, of course we are." after lucas spoke you decided to chime in, "we just don't have the usual sort of relationship."

"what does that mean, exactly?"

"well," lucas waved his hands, gesturing around the table "we're open to inviting others."

"oh." the table went silent, only the conversation between others being heard.

y/n pursed her lips together, lucas looking at her while amybeth munched on her french fries. "so–so you both want me to like..."

"be our girlfriend? yeah." the h/c haired girl nodded. "we really like you, amybeth."

she stared at the two of them, "wait, so how would that work? are you just going to share me?"

"not exactly. all three of us will be in a relationship, at once." lucas explained further to beth, y/n adding somethings in between.

"it's completely fine if you don't want to." y/n state, watching her as she thought through things.

"well i mean, i've never actually tried to do this before. maybe it'll end up being something i never though i needed." she smiled. "plus i am actually attracted, per say, to you guys." she smiled.

"so is that a yes?" she nods at lucas' question, "great."

"but, uhm, if you guys could maybe show me exactly how this works." she muttered, playing with the ring on her pointer finger.

"oh, yeah. we will." y/n and lucas both nod, smiling at amybeth.