Jay's Gadgets (Bruiseshipping)

This Oneshot takes place in a AU where the ninja were never found by Sensei Wu and they never became actual ninjas. They somehow still found each other and became friends, but they are just normal people, working in normal places.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A figure in a black cloak was running on the streets of Ninjago. He pulled his hood deep down to hide his face from the people. The person was struggling to keep the cloak on, he needed to hide something with it.

He looked up, spotting the goal of his running. His pace fastened as he was desperate to reach the building as soon as possible.

It was a rusty place, an old sign hanging above the door: 'Jay's Gadgets'. The figure swung the door open, then shutting it back down.

The whole place was filled with old, rusty, just as well new and shiny inventions and other gadgets.

There was a freckled man standing behind the cash register. He was looking more like a teen with those freckles and adorable smile. His clothes were stained with oil and other stuff.

The man recognized his newest visitor instantly as he swung around to face him "Cole!" he exclaimed with pure happiness.

The other male got his cloak down, but quickly hid something behind his back "I thought I could fool you, Mr.Walker!" he said cheerfully. This might seem polite, but his voice had a teasing tone in it.

"I know my best friend, you can never fool me!" replied the cashier, chuckling "What'cha got there?" he asked as he tried to peek behind Cole's back.

"I brought you some dessert from my bakery!" Cole seemed excited as he revealed the cake he was holding.

"Yes!" Jay seemed pretty excited as well and quickly took the cake before Cole changes his mind "I love the cake you bake! You really have improved.." he paused for some seconds "Eh, if I think about it, anything is better than your old desserts.." He shivered, remembering that horrible taste.

"I don't know if I should take this as an insult or a compliment.." Cole leaned against the counter, eyeing Jay suspiciously.

"Both!" exclaimed Jay and swung around to put the cake down. There was a table behind the cash register, filled with tools and now a cake.

"Uh huh.. Anyways, what have you been up to?" The other asked, pushing himself away from the counter. He started walking around, examining the inventions around the room.

"Just taking orders from the customers and working on new stuff.. Overall, nothing special.." replied Jay as he started tinkering with something on his table.

"It must be boring. Why don't you stop by my bakery sometime later?" offered Cole, flashing a kind smile at the freckled boy.

"Hell nah! That's even more boring! Also, I have so much work to do right now." Jay seemed really ambicious about this gadget shop he has and put much effort into it.

"How could you say that?" Cole let out a shocked gasp, clearly offended by the other's statement "You are surrounded with sweets all day!" He plopped down on a chair, trying to act grumpy.