Chapter 8 - Dance Lessons?

Reader's Pov:

Eren and I were eating at the dining room table with our father. I had dismissed Levi from my presence for the moment because Dad had something he wished to discuss with us as a "family".

"What is it?" Eren asked. I just played with the eggs with my fork, not really caring for the taste of the food in the first place. I wasn't really that hungry, but I was required to at least sit at the table at morning, noon, and night.

"(Y/n) will require some dancing lessons before the ball tomorrow night." Dad spoke up. I glared up at him. "Are you saying that I'm a bad dancer?"

"No, that's not it at all! I just want you to impress the noblemen at the ball is all." He defended. I restricted myself to curse at him, remembering that we were at the table eating breakfast.

"So what are you suggesting?" Eren asked. "Well, I remember having to attend some banquets back in the past, and Levi had helped me with dancing." Dad said.

I raised my eyebrows. "But, wouldn't that mean he could only teach men how to dance?" I asked. "He can teach men and women. Besides, I've informed Levi of the situation. He says he'll teach you if you want to go along with it. He refuses to obey my orders." Dad grumps.

I stood up and slammed my hands against the table. "Did you get me a guard so you can have him play double agent or did you get me a guard, so he can actually protect me?! BECAUSE I'M DONE WITH YOU USING LEVI!"

I saw Eren smirk from the corner of my eye as Dad looked startled from my outburst. "(Y-Y/n)...what are you talking about?"

"You may want to retire from King as soon as possible, which is why you're most likely putting all this pressure on me. I'll do the stupid practices with Levi, but I'm only saying this once: Leave. Levi. Alone."

I stormed off with Eren by my side. The two shocked guards quickly opened the dining room doors that led to the throne room. I collapsed into the throne chair and let out a deep breath.

"Breathe, little sis. You did good protecting the guy you love." Eren said.

"What?! What are you talking about, Eren?" I asked. He chuckled. "I'll explain it when you're older." "I'M OLD ENOUGH!"

"Princess! Sir Levi is ready for your dancing lesson." One of the maids called. "Bring him in."

"They call him Sir?" Eren asked. "He used to be the captain of the guards." I reminded him. "Ohh! That's why he's so familiar! That thief is still around?" "EREN!" I hissed.

Levi comes in wearing his old suit from when he was the captain of the guards. I looked at him with a skeptical look while Eren grinned. "Hey, I like this guy! He dressed up for the occasion."

"I feel kind of bad, now. I'm just in a t-shirt and jeans, Levi." I groaned. "It's all right, Princess. This occasion is for your learning experience, not for show."

I nodded and got up from the throne. I walked down the steps and stood a few steps in front of Levi before turning to look at Eren. "Are you going to leave?"

"Nope. I wanna see this. Besides, I'm not going back after the scene you made with Dad earlier." He grinned.

I groaned again before turning back to Levi. I put my right hand into his, and my left hand on his shoulder. He used his right hand to grip my back and pulled me a little closer.

"You must be a little closer than that, Your Highness." He instructed. "Right, my apologies." Why am I so embarrassed?!

Eren began playing the music, and Levi began leading us into the basic movements of ballroom dancing. All I had to was let him lead me and not look down at my feet. I think in the past, I tried too hard to dance with others, but I got better once Levi instructed me to let him/the man lead.

"I think I get it now. Thanks, Levi." I said. He bows to me. "It was my pleasure." He stands up, and he had the smallest of smiles on his face before walking out of the throne room.

I sighed and collapsed on throne chair once again. My heart was pounding, but I thought it was because of all the dancing. My face was however, flushed. Why does this keep happening? Wait...

"You did good protecting the guy you love."

Is it true? Do I...love Levi?!