Expensive Headphones

Suggestion - warning - rich smokes for plot convenience
Michael's POV
I walked into school, Jeremy was still ignoring me because of the SQUIP... Why? I'm seriously not cool enough for him? That's bullshit...
I got brought out of my thoughts when a midget seemingly unintentionally slammed me into a locker. He jumped to high five Jake. I heard them talking but nothing stood out.
"JEREMY!" He yelled and my attention got drawn back. I stared from afar, trying to make it look like I wasn't staring at them. He gave my ex-best friend a high five and they all talked together, Jake made eye contact with me for a millisecond before I looked back down to my phone. Smooth.
I continued walking, too embarrassed to eavesdrop further. I stumbled around in the overcrowded hallways until I got to my first-period class.
________________
During the passing period, I slipped into the bathroom, I was just going to wait for the hallways to clear up. I didn't feel like being shoved around right now. I was the only thing populating the room until Rich came in. My peace was interrupted by a toddler-sized man.
"Hey antisocial headphones kid." He said after he saw me. I wasn't sure how to react until I saw him turn around and lock the bathroom door. I quickly filled with anxiety and fear.
"Why the fuck you in here if you're just standing there?" He asked me when he turns around and I've yet to move a muscle.
"I got a phone call and it was too loud in the hallway, I just came in here to talk to them, I was just about to leave." I lied, praying it was believable.
"Whatever man, that's kind of weird. Unless you just had phone sex or something." He said and pulled out a box of cigarettes and took out one almost burnt down to the bottom.  He put it between his lips and lit it with his lighter.
"You just came in here to smoke?" I asked.
"Yeah, I couldn't just let it sit in my bag." He replied and exhaled a bit of smoke. "Do you want a drag?" He asked me, holding what was left of it.
"No," I replied. I knew my moms would kill me if they found out. Either of them. No bueno. "Can I go?" I ask him, he's still blocking the door.
"Do you like Jeremy? Like like him?" He asked instead of answering my question.
"I mean he was my friend..." I trailed awkwardly.
"But like, do you love him? Have a crush on him?" He asked, making sure he was clear. I bit of a lisp showed, barely noticeable.
"Uh, no?" I said awkwardly. He sure was good looking, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a huge physical crush on him, but I don't love him. Not like that, anyway.
"Noted..." He said, he was acting weirder than I've seen him before. What the hell? He moved out of the was and threw his cigarette butt in the urinal and I unlocked the door and quickly shuffled to class in the now less crowded hallway. Rich just gave me more attention than my best friend has this week.
_________________
Time skip - after the SQUIPCIDENT -
_________________
I walked into the hospital, holding flowers for my best friend. The other day I'd just saved the school from an insane computer. It was so strange to think about, part of me doesn't even believe it. Like it was all some fever dream.
"Jeremy!" I said when I got to his room. His father trailed in shortly after me. I handed him my flowers and a card and his favorite candy bar and an interesting book and a stuffed animal. "This is all from me!" I said and pulled up another bag that had another card, two smaller stuffed animals and some fun-sized candies. "These are from my moms!" I said, his bed was loaded.
"Thank you, Michael! And tell Mrs. Mell squared that I love everything!" He said happily.
"Jer! That's weird! Don't call my moms that, it sounds fucking strange. I will literally not let you back into my house if you say that again." I laughed, and he did too.
"Okayy, tell Camila and Ligaya that I loved all of it and I won't talk about them like numbers anymore." He said, then giggled. This fucking boy.
"Thank you!" I said.
"Headphones kid! Did you bring me anything?" I heard Rich ask me. He had a full lisp now.
"I didn't..." I replied and turned to his bed.
"That's okay, come here I can give you something." Part of me got worried but I walked over to his bed anyways.
"What do you have to give me?" I asked and laughed a bit.
"My number, silly!" My heart melted a bit the way he said "silly" with his lisp. It was the cutest thing I've ever heard leave his mouth. That honestly wasn't saying much, though. He told me his number and I scribbled it down on my hand. His face was pretty red and I'd imagine mine was, too.
"RICH LIKES YOU!" Jake said loud enough to startle the room but not loud enough to disrupt the whole damn hospital. I felt my face turn into a deep red and I could see Rich had too.
"Shut the fuck up Jake!" He snapped back, Jake just laughed.
"No judgment! I'm totally pan." He said and laughed again, his face turning red. He didn't say it with a ton of confidence but nobody dared to judge him.
"I'm pretty bi, I can't say shit," Jeremy said smiling. His face was a bit pink, too.
"I mean I'm just gay..." I kind of whispered but they all managed to hear me.
"You have a rainbow patch, Michael." I heard Jake said.
"Shut up! This is a beautiful coming out party." I said a bit louder than my previous whisper. I crossed my arms and jokingly stuck my tongue out to him.

The door opened revealing Chloe, Brooke, Jenna, and Christine. They all walked in, all holding gifts and distributed to everybody in the beds. Christine sat next to Jeremy and Chloe and Brooke stood next to Rich while Jenna sat next to Jake.
"Did we miss anything important?" Chloe asked and Jake spoke up immediately.
"We all came out of the closet right before you came in." He said in utter seriousness.
"Perfect, I'm a lesbian," Jenna spoke up right after. We laughed a bit and Jake gave her a high five.
"Jenna, that's the first thing I've learned about you since learning your name," Jeremy said and everybody laughed.
"I second that, honestly," I said and people laughed again. The room settled a bit more.
"Did we miss anything else?" Brooke asked this time.
"Michael and Rich are dating now." I flushed red at Jakes response. The whole room "oooooed" like a bunch of 8th graders.
"We are not!" I say and looked at Rich to see he's red too.
"I mean I'd like to get there eventually." He said the room "oooooed" again, only making me turn more red, if fucking possible.
"So Michael, you're gonna take him out on a daaaate?" Chloe asked, resting her head on her hands by Rich.
"I mean, I can..." I replied shyly. The room again erupted, this time in "awwwws." That made me feel a bit better. I smiled at him and glanced to see Jeremy and Christine holding hands. I winked at him and he shot me a glare. Oh, fuck yes.
"So, on the subject, Jeremy, you and Christine?" I asked smiling wide yet innocent. He glared more but blushing now. The entire focus shifted to him and her until it was revealed that Christine wanted to give him a chance. A real one.
What a wild trip at the hospital.

~~~~~~~~
So I'm sorry if you didn't like it, I just kind of went with what was going on, trying to make it flow and not be too choppy. I kind of wanted it to be a bit more like kissy but it didn't quite get there, so I'm sorry. But I can do a part two for their date if y'all want?
Also if your headcanon is different for anything here I'm still taking suggestions for like any ship ?¿ so there's that. Just don't be rude or I'll 100% not do it.