Lia sighed in relief seeing how her unit is taking this very well, well that was easy... she thought to herself and smiled as she watch Loki chat away with her teammates.

"So... you and him..." a voice came interrupting Lia's thoughts, it's her base commander Hannah, "you two are... uhm... a thing... huh?" Hannah added. Lia smiled and blushed, "yeah... me and him..." she said shyly. Hannah chuckled "who would've thought you actually prefer bad boys" she said and Lia glared at her. "He's actually a good guy, if you get to know him. A totally misunderstood person that nobody tried to understand, even his own family..." she said, "well except for his brother who still loves him dearly despite everything" she added, "even with the knowledge that he's adopted..." she continued. Hannah nodded, "The God of misunderstood pain..." she muttered, Lia looked at her, "that's how I see him; the moment I saw his fear earlier, I also saw his pain... and you telling me about him, makes me think that maybe he's a deity who's keeping pain that nobody understood let alone tried... so, The God of misunderstood pain" she said and smiled at Lia then she averted her gaze to Loki who is laughing along with their teammates, "I'm glad that he's making friends with them" she said

Lia nodded and smiled, "yeah... I'm glad that you never treated him differently" she said softly. Hannah smiled.

"Your brother was harsh huh!" Hayden said, "was ripping you off the plane that is flying 35,000 feet and throw you to the mountain top really necessary?" he asked laughingly. Loki shrugged, "trust me if he could hear you right now he'd say 'oh come on brother! You never mind flying around with me so we could travel faster from mountain to mountain before, right?' " he said imitating Thor's voice as best as he can, sending the team laughing, "which really did happened when I was 10, and I admit I enjoyed the flight because I was riding on his back, but NO! I don't enjoying flying off the plane while he's strangling me then literally threw me off the mountain! That oaf know nothing!" he lashed and everybody laughed harder, Loki laughed just as hard.

Hannah chuckled, "what a cinnamon roll..." she said "you sure this is the one who attacked New York..." she laughingly asked. Lia chuckled, "yup, that's the one" she said and they both laughed. Lia blew a deep sigh, "that's the one... and I need to protect him" she said, Hannah looked over to her "whatever you do... I just want you to know that I support you, I understand how much he means to you, and I know you will always do the right thing" she said patting Lia's shoulder.

Elena then entered the common room, and everyone stood to pay attention to their team leader, "you can go home and rest in the meantime Charlie, we'll call you up if it's time to go to the field" she announced then she looked over to Loki and smiled, "you getting along fine, Prince Loki?" she asked. Loki smiled and nodded, "yes, you have such friendly members... I got along with them quickly" he said. Elena smiled wider, "I'm glad you made friends with them, and I'm glad of your rationality and forgiving heart unit Charlie... we could make a good ally with Prince Loki here..." she said. Loki blushed "please, drop the formalities, Lady Elena... I'm not a prince" he said, "I'm more like a prisoner, so please just call me by my name" he added and smiled. Elena frowned and looked over to Lia, Lia just smiled at her glumly, she sighed "please be careful and always stick around Lia, and whatever she say you must listen and obey, okay?" she worriedly reminded.

Loki smiled appreciatively to her sincere concern, "I will..." he replied

"Rest easy everyone, you're dismissed..." Elena said and she exited the common room. Everyone dispersed in the common room, "hey, we want to hear more stories from you next time, okay?" Hayden said patting Loki's back. Loki felt the warmth of making friends and he smiled, "sure... I have plenty to tell!" he replied cheerfully and Hayden chuckled. "You have no idea how cool you are buddy! See you next time, 'kay?" Kobe said this time and they all left, smiling and bidding farewell at him. Loki glowed, he made friends!

And Lia couldn't get any happier at the sight of it.

Back to Lia's house –

"Your teammates are very friendly! I like each and every one of them!" Loki said cheerfully as they entered the house, Lia chuckled "I'm glad that you had fun hanging around with them" she said closing the door then she went to him and wrapped her arms around his waist "I'm happy to see you happy..." she softly said.

Loki smiled and wrapped his arms around her, "you make me happier, my love..." he said softly and he leaned in to plant a soft kiss on her forehead "I love you so much..." he said before leaning over to kiss her lips next. They shared a sweet passionate kiss in the living room for a while.

Later 9:30 pm –

Loki is in his room reading a book when he heard a knock, he looked up and saw Lia by the door smiling at him. "Hey handsome..." she said as she entered his room. Loki smiled, closing the book and scoot over to let her sit beside him, "hi my love..." he greeted back. She planted a kiss on his cheek and leaned her head to his shoulder, he kissed the top of her head repeatedly and they stayed like that for a while. Then she sat straight and look at him, her face expressionless, "what's the matter love?" he asked worriedly, brushing a strand of hair to her ear.

Lia stared straight to his eyes as if she's pleading, "my team is facing a threat, we have new enemies... and it's gonna be dangerous staying around me" she said. Loki's eyebrow furrowed, "you need not to worry about me my love, I will be careful all the time" he assured stroking her face gently.

Lia smiled, "I know you will, but you need to promise me; no matter what happens, no matter how much pain I have to endure in this mission, even if I will be in the verge of dying... don't come to me, don't rescue me, don't go anywhere near me... okay?" she said, Loki's eyes widened "I'm not only doing this for the sake of the world..." she said as her hand came up to cup his face, "I'm doing this for you, to keep you safe..." she added

"But Lia—"

"Promise me!" she cut him off "You need to promise me you will not meddle, no matter what!" she demanded. Loki sighed, looking at her pleading eyes "promise me..." her voice trailing off. Loki blew another sigh before he nodded, "I promise..." he reluctantly agreed.

Lia smiled and hugged him tightly, "I love you so much..." she murmured

Loki wrapped his arms around her, "I love you more..." he said hugging her tightly and sighed again, "what did I do to deserve you..." he murmured and she smiled hugging him tighter.