8

You read the text on your screen, over and over again. You let your mind wander until the ringing of your phone knocked you out of your thoughts.

Ring, ring, ring.

Your hands trembled as the screen lit up; 'Unknown is calling you.' You picked up.

'"Hello?" You asked with confidence.

"Your taking too long, Y/N. What's your decision? If you don't tell me now, i'm afraid i'm going to have to cut Billie out your life." The voice spoke.

The voice definitely belonged to a woman, but it had a harsh rasp to it. Almost like the person was forcing their voice or manipulating their voice to sound different.

"Come on, Y/N. Time is slipping away, and Billie's time is almost about to be up." The caller said, and as she said that, you received a text from Billie.

Y/N! please don't panic
or anything but I think that
someone or something is in
my house right now. i'm home
alone and i hear crashing from
the kitchen and a raspy voice.
i need you to call 911 for me, please.
i love you.
Received, 7:22 PM.

You quickly typed out a reply.

i don't have time to explain
right now, but meet me at
starbucks tomorrow at 9:00
sharp! there is no need to call
911 because i know who is in
your house. as long as you hide,
you are in no way in danger!
Delivered, 7:22 PM.

what the fuck?? okay.
Received, 7:23 PM.

"I'll keep playing the game, if that means that Billie stays safe." You said, sobbing.

"Bravo Y/N! You managed to answer the question," The voice taunted you, "and now, that you've entered my game. There are rules that you should know," The voice just kept taunting you, "Rule number one, you do as I say or somebody dies. Rule number two, there is a time limit to each request or mission I have for you, and if you fail to do it within the given time, somebody will be cut. Third and final rule, if you complete what I say in the given time, there will be rewards for you, my lovely Y/N." They said, somehow their voice was getting even raspier.

"Okay- alright. I'll play by the rules." You said, wiping the tears off your face with your sleeve.

"Good, because I have your first mission, Y/N," She said, laughing, "I want you to hurt Billie, by writing about her. I want you to compose a song and upload it, and taunt her with it. Tell her how much she hurt you. Let your feelings out, Y/N. You don't have much time. I'm giving you 48 hours to complete this task, fail to do so, and someone will die." The line went dead.

Your phone chimed,

Don't forget Y/N, i'm
always watching!
Received, 7:37 PM.

You started at the text, with an image attached. A picture of you sitting in your living room taken from outside your window, right now. You immediately run upstairs and started writing.

It wasn't that hard considering she did hurt you pretty badly, but you were trying to push those feelings aside and now they were just bubbling back up. You sighed, frustrated with yourself and you heard the door open.

"Y/N! Are you home?" You heard Lisa ask from downstairs.

"Yeah! I'm just composing in my room right now!" You yelled from your room.

"Oh! Okay! I'll let you be! Come meet me in my room when you're done, I have to tell you about tonight!" She yelled back.

"Okay!" You said.

As you got back to writing, it took you no longer than 45 minutes to finish the lyrics. You stared at the blank papers, that were now covered in writing and sighed.

'My heart is breaking,' You thought to yourself, 'and I cant stop thinking of Billie. I fucked everything up, when I could've just told her how I felt.' I thought.

You walked down the hall, to Lisa's room and opened the door.

"Y/N," She said, "I need to tell you everything that happened tonight! Oh my gosh! It was so romantic with Justin!" She squealed.

"Okay, okay! Spill!" You gushed.

"Okay, so-" She told you all about her night, filled with love, kisses, cuddles and more. Sounds like her and Justin had a lot of fun together.

You and her talked some more, until you decided to go to sleep. The next morning, you woke up and asked your manager if you could go record at the studio, and of course he said yes.

You drove down to the studio, and recorded the song you wrote about Billie.

"Oh and I overdose, babe, I want off of this roller coaster. You bring me high just to bring me down, oh and you bring me down." You sang the lyrics.

*small authors note; if you would like to listen to the real song, it's called overdose my alessia cara!*

"Didn't you say we were through, why can't I get over you?" You sang, nearly crying. You finished recording and the producer wanted to release it as soon as possible, which probably meant within the next 24 hours.

"That was absolutely amazing, Y/N. You can really feel the sadness and pain in the song!" He gushed.

"Thank you. I was in a dark place when I wrote it." You mumbled the last part.

You went to post on your instagram about your new single.

Liked by wherearetheavocados, arianagrande, and 1,477,627 others

glowingY/N: surprise! new single at midnight 🙈! it's called overdose and i hope you guys love it 😌 #overdose

View all  277,727 comments.
wherearetheavocados: stunning. love u. can't wait
arianagrande: excited! love u my baby ☁️🙈
troyesivan: i'm dying omg this photo is so hot it's everything damn
Y/Nisamazing: Omg! THAT is my my idol right there!

Reading the comments made your heart burst, but when you read Billies comment, the guilt hit you so hard.

She was so supportive now, and you knew how she felt about you, but you were trying to protect her from "Angel." You we're trying to save her, but how could you saving her when you're the one letting her fall?

IM DONE CHAPTER 8! YAY! I'm already writing chapter 9 because i'm so excited haha! Love you all and thank you for the overwhelming amount of support! Thank you for 300+ reads! My heart is so happy! 감사 🙏🏼 사랑해 ㅋㅋ thank you! i love you.