Chapter 10- Alpha's story

It's been two weeks since Blake and I had our first date. Ever since then, things have been going crazy. Dark Moon pack has been expanding it's borders into other packs. Midnight Stone and Dawn packs are both gone, taken by my old pack. I have been training with Gregor non-stop and Blake has been training in wolf form with the other warriors. To top off all the craziness, my heart has been getting worse. I sit on the ground in the small metal room that we practice in and hold my head in my hands. 

"We need to continue." Gregor says simply. I pant and hold up a hand, my pulse is beating so hard I can barley hear him. 

"I...can't....need....rest!" I get out. I raise my head from my hands and Gregor stares at me and for a second I think that I see concern flash in his eyes, but before I can look again it's gone. 

"Fine, we will continue tomorrow, you're dismissed." He says and I stand up so fast that I begin to sway. After a few minutes I regain my balance and walk out of the metal room into the surrounding training rooms. Wolves are fighting everywhere, preparing for the battle that we all know is coming. I leave the training room and sit against the wall. 

"Lacey?" I hear the recognizable voice of Fawn say. 

"Hmm" I respond to her faintly seeming as my heart has not calmed down yet. 

"You okay?" I open my eyes and look up at her. Her face is pale and she looks as If she's been running. 

"Are you okay?" I ask her, while I stumble to my feet. 

"Yeah...well not really. Come with me." She says. I follow behind her in silence before curiosity get's the best of me. 

"What happened, Fawn?" I ask her. 

"I was...I was running in the forest outside the pack, doing patrol like I always do on Sundays. I was playing with some birds and taking a break when I...heard something. So I looked around and I saw this girl. She was covered in blood and she was crying." Fawn stops so suddenly that I have to put my hand on her to steady myself. She spins around and I see fresh tears running down her face. 

"Fawn-" before I can finish she cuts me off

"I'm so sorry, Lacey! I was scared so I mind linked the pack and...they captured her! She has the smell of Dark Moon pack and she was on our territory. Lacey, they are going to execute her!" Fawn cries. 

"Fawn...who is she." I ask very slowly even though I have a feeling I already know who she is. 

"We don't know if she's lying but...she says her name is Emma Callborne." My blood runs cold and I stare at Fawn with narrow eyes. 

"Where is she." I say very, very slowly. 

"In the dungeons, I'm not supposed to tell you because she could-HEY!" Fawn yells as I take off running away from her. I run past confused wolves in the halls who call my name as I run past. Emma cannot be here. I run faster and faster until I reach the stone steps that lead to the dungeons. I run down them into the room holding 10 cells. I walk quickly along each empty cell until I reach the last one. Huddled in the corner is a small looking girl with matted black hair. 

"Emma?" I call out softly. The girl turns around and I gasp. Emma's face is covered in scratches and fresh blood. Her eyes that once shone a bright blue are now dull and sad looking. Memories run over me as I stare at my half-sister. She was the only one who ever bothered to play with me as a kid. Whenever I was let out of my room, she would go running with me. Emma was the only person I ever loved at my old pack. 

"Lacey?" She responds, her voice weak and soft. I let out a sob and rattle the cell door. 

"It's locked, I already tried it...they're going to kill me." She says and I see tears mix with the blood on her face.