Chapter 9- firefly

It's been officially one month since I have arrived at Blood Rose pack. My father has not been found and their is no word from my old pack. I have been training with Master Gregor every day and I'ts been taking it's toll on my body. He makes me study the ancient language all night long, then he makes me run laps and laps until my heart is literally a few beats from giving out forever. I can now officially control flame and conjure it. I can do all of this without the ancient language, but it's harder to control. I'm not perfect yet, but Gregor says I'm making incredible improvement. Now, for the fist time in a month I have a day off. For 24 hours I get to relax and enjoy myself, it's definitely a rarity around here. I'm having my first official date with Blake tonight. We have been going out for a month, just talking and getting to know each other. Blake is an arrogant, know it all who annoys me so much that sometimes I have to hide just so I don't have to talk to him. At the same time, he's one of my best friends and he's really an amazing guy. 

"Lacey, could you come here honey?" asks my mother as she sticks her head into the library where I spend most of my time when I'm not training. I slowly rise from my perch and walk over to her. 

"What's up?" I ask her, her cheeks look flushed with excitement and she's bouncing up and down like a little kid. Mom and I have been spending more time together, she's just as amazing as I remember from my short childhood. 

"I have someone I want you to meet!" She says, walking briskly down the long hallway. I have to jog a bit to keep up with her long legs. I feel a warm breeze hit my skin coming from an open window. It's getting warmer and the days are getting longer, summer is in it's prime here. Mom makes a sharp turn and I follow behind her. She suddenly stops outside a room that I have never been in before. The pack castle is huge, I still have trouble getting around inside of it. Most of the pack members live in small houses in the outskirts of Rose city, the pack town. The wolves born of noble blood live in the castle, along with guests and a few elementum. Mom pulls open the big wooden door and walks into the room grinning. I look around and see that we are in a nice looking office. It's not nearly as big as Alpha George's, but it's still fairly large and welcoming. A man stands up behind the desk and beams at my mother like she's a goddess. 

"Ellen" he says softly. My mom beams and walks over to him and he pulls her into a hug. 

"Lacey this is my mate, Simon." Mom says, smiling up at the very tall man. I look at Simon for a few moments. He's very tall, even taller than my mom who is 5'11, pretty much everyone towers at me at my 5'1. He has kind green eyes and neat blonde hair. He looks my mom's age and has a few wrinkles around his eyes. 

"Nice to meet you." I say politely and smile at him. 

"Same to you, I have heard so much about you from your mom and Rian of course." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, he knows Rian?

"Rian is my son, he's very fond of you" Simon says. I nod and then feel my cheeks flush with embarrassment. I knew that Rian was his son, I just forgot I guess. "I would love to give you a hug, Lacey but I know about your condition. Let's just say that I am so pleased to meet you and I am really looking forward to getting to know you." My mom gives him a quick kiss and I smile. It's nice to see her happy, I know that she was never happy with my father. 

"Lacey, my brother is looking for you" Fawn mind links me. Ever since I have become part of the pack communication has been much easier. 

"It was so nice meeting you, but I have to go. I'll see you later!" I say and wave goodbye to my mom and Simon who are gazing into each other's eyes so intently that I doubt she even heard me. 

"Alright, get me a side salad." My mom mumbles. I just laugh and leave the room. I walk down the hallway until I see Fawn making her way towards me.